2013/2014 Puerto Rico Brides!!

posted 5 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@MrsRebaHairston:  Hey! I actually live in Puerto Rico and am planning my wedding for February 22, 2014. I recommend planning with lots of time to spare. My FH and I started planning in February of this year, we originally wanted to get married in December but everything was already booked! We already have our ceremony and reception venues booked, wedding planner, caterer, and photographer. My wedding planner specializes in destination weddings, her name is Jessica Rivera (and her prices aren’t over-the-top). You could e-mail her jrweddings@aol.com (tell her Nichole Carrasquillo recommended her) and ask around. She’s located in Fajardo which is just a couple of miles away from el Yunque and might have more ideas about places that fit your criteria. I don’t have much ideas since I’m going the opposite way… traditional, classic, formal, big cathedral lol 🙂

Good luck! If you need any more recommendations I’d be happy to help! Wink

Post # 5
3421 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

FI and I are both 100% Rican, though he doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish *tsk tsk*, I would have loved a Yunque weddinh…Conjo would I have loved that…but it just isn’t in the cards for us…. so sad

Please post so I can live vicariously through you. I would love for us to honeymoon in PR through

Post # 7
177 posts
Blushing bee

I’m so excited about my ceremony and reception venues!!! Must post!!

Ceremony is at la Catedral de San Juan

Reception is at Casa Olímpica, which is about 5 minutes away

Post # 8
177 posts
Blushing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Where are you having your wedding? in the states?

Post # 9
3421 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@pegaloca:  we are having our ceremony in Central Park,  NYC at the highest elevation,  Summit Rock. Our reception will be Queens. I am so excited! 

But if I could get married in PR, it would be at El Morro

Post # 11
52 posts
Worker bee

Hello…Thanks for starting the new board.  I was thinking about starting one since I was chatting on the 2012 board.  We are getting married Feb 8, 2014 in Vieques.  We rented a private beach villa for the reception and the ceremony will be held on the beach in front of the property.  

I’m kind of like you where I would say there are some hippy aspects to my personality but I still like modern things as well.  I was going with a hotel initially for the reception but struggled with ceremony spaces in San Juan because I wanted something outdoors.  The rain forest is beautiful and I have seen some great wedding pictures on line of brides who pulled it off.  Good luck 🙂  I will keep an eye out as well and let you know if I pass anything. 

Post # 12
52 posts
Worker bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  El morro is a beutiful location.  I like to watch videos from this videographer sometimes to get a sense of what a location may be like.  They are in puerto rico.  This is a wedding at the fort.

We are doing our trash the dress session there a few days after the wedding. 

http://vimeo.com/32799432

Post # 15
52 posts
Worker bee

@MrsRebaHairston:  Here are a few pics.   There are tons of villas all around the island. I am really into modern spaces so we picked this one. 

Front –

Back –

Decorated for an outdoor evening reception.  I can’t find the pic I wanted to show you but they string white lights and chinese lanterns up around the porch and yard.  You also have the option to use a tent but with 50 guests we fit on the massive porch easily. 

This is the best pic I could find of the beach.  The Villa is slightly elevated.  I will be coming down the stairs of the villa to the beach for my entrance during the ceremony.   Our villa is the ocean front villa on the right. You can kind of see the white stairs going towards the beach in this pic. 

Another bride on that beach

Post # 16
1592 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

my brother got married at the El Conquistador resort & we loved it. We’re all from NY too.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors