(Closed) 2013/2014 Puerto Rico Brides!!

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 153
14 posts
Newbee

Great thread for us PR-wedding people!! Smile

I had a question: what are you guys thinking of doing for guest accomodations? (for your guests that are not from PR and are flying in)

I’m wondering about doing a block of rooms in a hotel in condado or isla verde, but have also heard of others using vacation rentals. Any suggestions, thoughts about what you’re thinking of doing?

Thanks!

Post # 154
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Hey girls, do any of you have the direct contact information for Casa de Espana? I have tried to email them before and have had absolutely no luck. Also, the mister and I were wanting to have a cigar roller at the cocktail hour, do any of you have any recommendations of any? Thanks in advanced!

Post # 155
21 posts
Newbee

@Bor84:  FH’s famiy owns an apartment at the ESJ Towers in Isla Verde, therefore, we have a contact there who we are going to have price out having a bunch of rentals made available for that week or days, whichever the guests prefer. They are apartment style and for those traveling with kids we found having a kitchen particularly helpful 🙂 They are fairly priced as well! If it weren’t for this, I would for sure be looking into the other hotels on the strip or in Condado.

Post # 156
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Bor84:  I’m going to block hotel rooms at 1 or 2 convenient hotels. On our wedding site we also gave a list of some other hotels we suggest and where guests could find vacation rentals. Everyone has ideas about what they want to do in PR and how long they want to stay so for us it’s just easier to provide information and let the guests decide what works best for them.

Post # 157
14 posts
Newbee

@LobitaCubana:  That sounds like a good idea!

So far I’ve heard of Airbnb for vacation rentals, but in my internet search I also found Vida Urbana, although I don’t know anything about them. Do you have other recommendations for vacation rentals there?

I think we’ll also check out blocking rooms in a hotel or two, for the guests that only want to be there for 1 or 2 nights.

Post # 158
55 posts
Worker bee

@AlyPV:  Casa de España 787-724-1044/787-722-3611

email: [email protected] 

This information is from the business card I got when I was down there. It might be easier to give them a call if your not getting a quick enough response. Island time is very real Smile

Post # 159
55 posts
Worker bee

@Bor84:  On tripadvisor.com there’s a vacation rentals section. There seems to be some good options listed there.

Post # 160
21 posts
Newbee

@LobitaCubana:  Ahhhh, thank you so much! I will be giving them a call this week 🙂

Post # 162
21 posts
Newbee

Any info on some great photographers willing to work in the San Juan area? If you had any estimated quotes that would help too 🙂 sneaking in some research while at work haha 

Post # 163
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Has anyone asked for a quote for the The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel?

I want to get an idea if its even in our range. Thanks Bees! 

Post # 166
19 posts
Newbee

Wow ms Reba!! You did get a lot of things done and your info is sooo helpful! After I read your review I am planning a meeting with Lolo the owner from Olive Boutique hotel. Our PR visit is this weekend and I’m sooo excited! I was hoping to do a rehearsal dinner there and maybe have some cocktails and catering for the out if town guests, but not sure how expensive it will be :/ What is the max amount of people they said can fit on the rooftop??

Would they allow you to just get the food and bring beverages or anything from the outside?

Also, we were considering doing a room block here but didn’t know if it would be too pricey :/

I think it’s walking distance from the park we are getting married at Ventana al mar. The reception is at Perla Restaurant at La Concha.

I also saw your recommendation for Al &Ann and I will see if we can make it there for a cake tasting, although it is Far! I am wanting to do mini cakes for all the guests (kind of like the cup cake idea but more elegant without the foil cups…can u provide the number?

Your wedding sounds so beautiful! Can’t wait to hear more details!!

The topic ‘2013/2014 Puerto Rico Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors