(Closed) 2013/2014 Puerto Rico Brides!!

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 241
25 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies! Hope you are all well….sooooo I came back from my wedding planning trip a little over a week ago.. for now these seem to be final choices…waiting to sign contracts but they are all moving a bit slow in the response department.

Planner: Grethcehin—not the planner I had mentioned previously, that relationship didn’t work out….THANK goodness…I’m really happy with Gretchein (thanks @pegaloca for the referral)

Photographer: Daniel Pesquera (thanks again @pegaloca for the referral)

Cake: Bizcochos by Lu

Caterer: Food Paradise—I was hesitant about the review but I have to say that after tastings with 2 other caterers I was really impressed by Jorge’s presentation and of course, the food tasted incredible. I just sent him my final menu selection. He gave me an amazing per head price.

Decorator—I have yet to make a final decision– I met with 3 decorators–

one HIGHLY recommended by almost anyone you speak with but just didn’t feel like we jived…

the next was a little confusing, this person has the exact same deal online as another vendor (Bridal Events) and sadly I didn’t realize it until my last day (thanks to my planner) and because she wasn’t forthcoming I felt that business would never feel right.

The last decorator is actually a caterer and while I didn’t care for the food I really liked her decoration pictures. Problem is…the wait time in her response is off putting.

SOOO I’m back to the drawing board.

I need you all to send good vibes for PATIENCE. The waiting game is not my thing.

I have a request from you all…do any of you have suggestions for rehearsal brunch/lunch locations as well as suggestions for a welcome cocktail location?

Hope you are all well!

Post # 242
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
oneluv3602:  Sounds like you made a lot of progress.  I have found, throughout this process, that 80% of it goes smoothly (most vendors respond quickly, get contracts out fast, etc.) and the other 20% of it is what seems to go a little nuts.  Like, for example, I was dead set on a cake decorator before I went down to PR for a visit, and our meeting ended up going not so well and then the responses via email were slow.  All of the other vendors I met with were finalized within days of meeting with them.  So, I spent the next few weeks stressing out about OMG I NEED A CAKE PERSON NOW MY WEDDING WILL BE HORRIBLE.  And then, I found someone else, things went smoothly for a while and then *boom* something else goes crazy (the next craziness was room blocks for me).  Anyway, long story short, you will find a decorator that works, this is just your 20% stress right now.  Think of how much you HAVE done.  Does your planner have any suggestions?

Oh,  I’m doing a welcome cocktail reception at La Concha.  It’s one of my hotels where I have a room block.  Also, I called The Mezzanine at St. Germaine’s in Old San Juan a few months ago about setting up an event there.  They were super nice, have great reviews but only book up to 6 months in advance.  If I wasn’t so dead set on getting my events wrapped up, I would have waited until I was 6 months out. 

Post # 243
25 posts
Newbee

@laurafoureyes…thanks! You are SO right. Just stressing 🙁 I know it will all pan out.

I had checked out Casa Lola and am waiting back to hear from my planner. She had a couple places in mind. My other thought was to have the caterer do a welcome reception for us on the beach, but logistically I’m unsure.

By The Way, quick question for all…how far in advance are you planning on sending invitations…we have a semi destination. About 40-50 from California, Florida, etc. the other 40-50 from the island.

Planner mentioned 2 months but I feel like that is cutting it close?? Thoughts?

Post # 244
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
oneluv3602:  You got a lot done, be happy with your progress   I’m having a semi destination wedding as well. It’s about 4 months away and my invitations are going out this week. I want my RSVP’s back a little earlier than usual so I can finalize everything early.  From what I’ve seen/read, most people who do destination weddings do things a bit earlier.

Do you mind telling me more about the decorators you met with? That’s the only thing I have left to finalize which I will be taking care of later this month. Send me a message please if you don’t want to post details here. Thanks!

Post # 245
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
oneluv3602:  I also would love to hear more about the potential decorators! We have also been talking to a highly recommended one and have not quite jived.

Post # 246
48 posts
Newbee

View original reply
oneluv3602:  It’s ok to stress.  I think that is what keeps me motivated sometimes to get things done.  But, I do have to stop and think sometimes about everything I have done so far.

I have a list of decorators and florists from my planner.  I don’t know if she would be super happy for me to post their names on a public board, but I can send you some. 

Post # 247
48 posts
Newbee

View original reply
oneluv3602:  Oh, and on invitiations, did you send a save the date?  I think if you did, then 2 months is fine, if not, then I’d do 3 months. 

Post # 248
25 posts
Newbee

@laurafoureyes thank you for the suggestion of the mezzanine. Even though they do not do reservations until 6 months prior to an event date, did you receive any pricing information? Also, if you don’t mind messaging me the list of decorators/florists your planner has provided you I would appreciate it.

re: invitations I sent save the dates out…but probably too soon 🙁 so now I don’t want to make the same mistake with the invitations.

but the suggestion of 3-4 months in advance sounds right. I also want to get things straightened out a little sooner. the wedding is at the end of January so I don’t want to strss out during the holidays trying to get responses.

@sjprn I sent you a private message re: decorators

Post # 249
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
pegaloca:  My husband and I recently got married in Condado at La Concha! It was amazing. Good luck with your wedding.

Post # 250
48 posts
Newbee

View original reply
oneluv3602:  I just realized I never responded to your note.  They did not give me any estimates of pricing, but from my experience with bar events, you just preorder appetizers in advance and put the alcohol on a tab.  They may be different though. Did you talk to them?

Post # 251
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
queenbee33:  Hey, what is the name of the villa you chose? What area is it at?

Post # 252
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
marywil1:  Villa Martineau in Vieques.  It’s inside of the gates of the W hotel. 

Post # 253
25 posts
Newbee

@LauraFourEyes OMG sorry for not responding SO much going on. Finally got some responses and getting some contracts signed. Really Excited! Mezzanine has not provided pricing. As a matter of fact I tried getting a hold of them again and they didn’t respond. So I will wait until I get closer to the 6 month mark.

Post # 254
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Ladies!! I could totally use your help! I am on the prowl for a fabulous person to do Hair for the bridal party and myself. I have come up short with only 2 or 3 people that I have been able to find on the whole island that specialize in this kind of thing (wedding hair). Do you have any recommendations? Please and thank you 🙂

Post # 255
25 posts
Newbee

@alypv so here is the list of make-up artists and hairstylists I reached out to. I have decided to go with Miguel Alexan. If you check out his FB he places packages on there fairly often and I went with one of them.

Miguel Alexan Castillo

[email protected]<br />1-787-215-8890<br />http://Www.facebook.com/alexan.<wbr />castillo

Peter

https://es-la.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Styling/364004218862

Lizzie Ibarra

http://www.lizzieibarra.com

http://www.lizzieibarra.vpweb.com

http://www.gatheringgude.com

http://www.weddingmapper.com

http://www.weddingwire.com

Caridad Vidro

<div style=”color: #007f7f; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;”>e: [email protected]p: (787) 449-3333</div>
<div style=”color: #000000; font-family: verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;”>http://www.caridadvidro.comhttp://www.caridadvidro.blogspot.<wbr />com</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kaletshua Salon</div>
<div> 787-993-5352</div>
<div>939-969-1181</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Brides by Tatiana</div>
<div>[email protected]</div>
<div>787-671-0155</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Hope this is helpful!</div>

The topic ‘2013/2014 Puerto Rico Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors