(Closed) 2014 Brides – Let's post our dresses!!!!!!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 287
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

This is my dress paired with a vintage veil –

Post # 289
2748 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I wasn’t expecting to find my dress today, but we wandered into a shop while out shopping and found it. It’s Sincerity 3701

Post # 290
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I don’t have mine yet but I plan to get measured in a few weeks, then I’m asking Jasmine’s to make me this beauty that pretty much the entire world population knows about!:

Post # 291
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Can’t believe I can actually post these now. I officially ordered my dress today! Finally committed to a Mori Lee dress way under budget and not at all what I thought I would get:

Post # 292
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@WYAtocha:  thanks WYAtocha, I love your dress, the lace is so romantic. No I havne’t picked out the accessories yet except for the belt, velt, headpiece and shoes. πŸ™‚ . 

Post # 293
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@WYAtocha:  Yay! Thank you! As long as I don’t gain or lose any weight between now and January, there aren’t any necessary alterations to be done. If I wear heels it will be the perfect length and surprisingly it already fits me like a glove!

However I’ve always envisioned a sweetheart neckline so I might have that changed (it’s straight across right now). I also want to make the back slightly lower so we’ll see!

Post # 294
4068 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - Canada

I would love to share my dress with everyone, but I’m technologically challenged and can’t figure out how to post a pic! Can anyone help me? Haha

Post # 295
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

FYI this isn’t me! It’s a model πŸ™‚ I’m around a size 16/18 so it will look different! My wedding is May 25, 2014. I will be ordering this dress from a dressmaker named FireFly Path in January of next year. I tried on NUMEROUS dresses from different designers and didn’t find one that spoke to me like this one does. I’m an alternative bride I suppose πŸ™‚ She only takes just over a month to make it custom to my sizing. When I get the dress I will be sure to post pictures! No I haven’t tried it on but I’ve tried on similar styles – A line gown with a detailed bodice. And yes it WILL be in purple!!!

Post # 296
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I bought this dress online without seeing it or trying it on. I have never bought any article of clothing off the internet before. Also, I bought it more than a size smaller to give me motivation to lose a bit of weight before the wedding.  Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive about this dress situation.  When it was shipped to me and I opened the box I had a little moment where I didn’t really love the dress. The colour was a bit darker than I thought. But once I tried it on it was much better. It is the kind of dress that is just OK on the hanger but really pretty on. It kind of reminds me of a Jenny Packham Dentella but only cost $400 as opposed to $6000.  It’s a Tadashi Shoji lace and silk chiffon gown. I can’t post a picture of me in it because it doesn’t zip up just yet. But I am working my butt off to make sure it looks fantastic for March 2014. 

Post # 297
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@WYAtocha:  Thanks!! πŸ™‚ I was so excited when I found it. No, it doesn’t come off, though I imagine it’d be pretty easy to make it removable – if I was willing to cut it. lol

Post # 299
4068 posts
Honey bee

Here’s my dress!! It’s not at all what I expected to like, I wanted a big ball gown, but this dress blew every other one out of the water. The pictures dont do it justice though, sorry its sideways… Slow learner here! Lol

@WYAtocha:  thank you so much!! I’ve tried that button before but it never worked lol. Maybe my phone is more technologically challenged than me!!

Post # 300
4068 posts
Honey bee

@Eckle:  your dress is STUNNING on you!! Awesome choice!

Post # 301
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@WYAtocha:  Thank you!! I was going for unique πŸ™‚ It’s dupioni silk, taffeta and chiffon. My 3 favorite fabrics πŸ™‚

The topic ‘2014 Brides – Let's post our dresses!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors