(Closed) 2014 Brides show off your dress/dress you want ; )

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

THE one I fell in love with I have an apt to try it on next month! hopefully I still feel the same!

Post # 18
2060 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Pinkmoon:  The first one is spectacular!!!

Post # 19
74 posts
Worker bee

I’m trying on dresses for my august 2014 wedding but that’s just one of the perks of working in a bridal store. I’m nog going to decide until early 2014 though, I want to see the 2014 collections first! Here are my current favs (on the last one the train is removable and would definitly wear it without the train);

Post # 21
2315 posts
Buzzing bee

@Pinkmoon:  I think the first one you posted is lovely! Really romantic. But keep looking until you find one you fall in love with.

I’m torn about this whole dress shopping thing. I’m a really seasoned shopper normally – I can walk into a store and know exactly what I want, and a genuinely enjoy shopping. But there’s just so much pressure when it comes to a wedding dress. I’m enjoying having an excuse to look at beautiful dresses all day long, but I’ll be really relieved when I finally decide on a dress for the ceremony. So far I’ve managed to buy two dresses for the afterparty-slash-engagement photos (the last two images). Given we got engaged on Christmas Eve 2012…I’m accumulating dresses at a dangerous rate. Embarassed

My Fiance and I are in the middle of trying to decide where to relocate to for the next two years, so we can’t really properly plan our wedding until we settle down in two or three months’ time. The wait is really making me antsy!

The front-runner: Vera Wang Georgina

The what-I-would-wear-if-I-wasn’t-getting-married-in-Bali: Vera Wang Esther

The starting-to-steal-my-heart: Elie Saab for Pronovias

The absolutely-divine-but-my-mother-would-kill-me-for-showing-this-much-leg dress: Monique Lhuillier Bouquet

The reception dress: Angel Sanchez

The engagement/party dresses: Lover the Label lace Rosebud dress, and Carla Zampatti Petal dress

Post # 22
2315 posts
Buzzing bee

@LadyIrene:  That last dress is so beautiful!

Does it make it easier or harder that you work in bridal? If it was me, I would be even more indecisive than I already am – if that’s possible! All the new collections coming in all the time…

Post # 23
74 posts
Worker bee

@peonyinparis:  I love the last dress too! After reviewing the pictures of me in the dress i’m not sure anymore. I feel it makes my hips look long (if that makes any sense). Included a picture of me in the dress below.

I don’t actually have to commit to anything yet, so I’m not certain if it will make it harder to decide. But I actually think it will make things easier. I have already seen dresses in real life, I know I’m going to probably love a ton of dresses and that there will always be other dresses out there who also look great. The dress i’m going to wear will always be the most special, because I wore it on *that* day. So I’ll be fine….I think…

Post # 24
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Im excited to find this thread- i was beginning to think i was crazy looking at dresses when my wedding isn’t till Aug 2014. Hates the dress i have fallen heavily for- it looks good on me too and has straps which is on my must have list. but us it too early to buy? http://www.newyorkdress.com/mobile/Allure/8972AL.html

Post # 25
74 posts
Worker bee

@emeraldlass:  August 2014 bride myself! It’s a beautiful dress! Did you try it on already?

It’s never to early to buy, when you know you know. But first just try it, leave the store. If you still completly love it after one week/two weeks it’s your dress.

Personally i’m going to wait with the purchasing untill I have seen the new collections of 2014 though.

Post # 26
10 posts
Newbee

@LadyIrene:  

thanks, i love it so much. meant to say here’s the dress, not hates! Dam phone! I have tried it on- travelled 3 hours to the only shop in northern Ireland that had it- and 2 months later Im still thinking about it. I’ve only tried on 5 dresses in total though so i know i need to look a bit more. I guess Im scared that either ill buy it and then find something i love more (eg the 2013 pronovias collection with all those illusion necklines, swoon) or it might b discontinued and ill cry! I was considering travelling to pronovias flagship in London to try on more but the cost of flights and accommodation when we r on a wedding budget- idk

Post # 27
Hostess
7103 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@futuregattman: That’s beautiful on you, what dress is it?

View original reply
@Pinkmoon:  I really like the 2nd one.

View original reply
@LadyIrene:  Lovely and I LOVE your sash!

Post # 28
2315 posts
Buzzing bee

@LadyIrene:  I think that dress looks divine on you, especially with that dusty lilac sash. I think the hips look fine, and if that’s a sample dress – it fits you like a glove. 

Just out of curiosity, when do the 2014 bridal collections come out? I’ll be an early 2014 bride (March or April) so I’m a bit torn as to when to buy my dress. To be honest after looking at probably hundreds of gowns, I’m still smitten with the Vera Wang Georgina. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll get a chance to try it on – but I have tried on similar trumpet/modified mermaid styles. I’m trying to decide whether that’s enough for me to bite the bullet and just order the dress sight unseen.

View original reply
@emeraldlass:  That’s a stunning dress and you can’t really go wrong, it’s such a classic style. If you can get some cheap flights to London (and maybe stay with a friend or something to keep costs down), I reckon a dress shopping trip would be really helpful (if only to put your mind at ease in terms of making the right decision). 

Post # 29
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

This is my dress… the Lazaro 3108 in sherbet.  In love.

Post # 30
74 posts
Worker bee

@peonyinparis:  Thanks for the compliments! It was a sample, size 12. One of the few I can actually zip completely :-), I’m usally a size 14/16.

2014 collections will come out fall 2013. I recommend shopping for dresses at least 5 months before the wedding. When ordering a dress, it usually takes 3 to 4 months until delivery, and you need about a month before the wedding for alterations. So if your wedding is early march you can wait until early oktober, if your wedding is at the end of april you can wait until the end of november.

View original reply
@emeraldlass:  Don’t worry. If they discountinue it you’ll find another dress that you love. If you end up purchasing it you’ll need to stop looking for other dresses. There is always another dress you will love too. Do you have any large bridal stores near you? Don’t mind the specific brands, just make sure they cary a few and have lots of choice. You’ll be able to put your mind at ease I think.

View original reply
@CatyLady:  Thanks! The sash is a Justin Alexander one, so I guess pretty widely available.

Post # 31
10 posts
Newbee

@LadyIrene:  

thanks for the advice lady. and wow, no way do u look a size 12 in that dress- its super flattering on u.

The topic ‘2014 Brides show off your dress/dress you want ; )’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors