(Closed) 2014 brides, what all have you done?

posted 6 years ago in April 2014
Post # 3
503 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

We’re February 8, 2014…

• The venue that we will be doing both the wedding and reception at is booked.
  • We have our caterer booked and have done a rough draft of the menu
  • We’re meeting with our photographer Monday to put the deposit down.
  • I have my dress.
  • I’ve picked the color for the bridesmaid dresses and am going next Thursday to set everything up so they can go any time they want to look… I’m letthing them choose their own style.
  • We know where we’re getting the wedding and grooms cake and have picked a design. We will be going sometime soon (My mom scheduled it but I forgot when) to finalize that.
  • We have a DJ, unofficially.
  • We have a bartender and a good source to buy our booze from.
  • We have a florist/decorator.
  • We have our wedding officiant booked.

I should add that my mother is insane and thinks we need to have EVERYTHING done immediately. She’s even made me a hair appointment for the wedding day already. I was thinking we’d need the year long engagmenet to plan everything but apparently my mom only needs like 2 months…

Post # 4
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

You have a lot done! We’re getting married May 3, 2014. We have so far:

• Booked the church

• Booked the reception venue (we looked at 23!)

• Have the photographer picked out, hope to book him next week

• Have our first caterer tasting next week / quotes coming in from others

• Collected 200+ pieces of milk glass for our reception decor

• Collected various picture frames for signage and pictures, a cake topper, a bridal clutch, white dresses for rehersal dinner/bridal showers/honeymoon/engagement pictures (i’ve bought every white dress i’ve come across that I like that is on sale :/, Thank you banner made and a cute basket to put flip flops in for near the dance floor

• My fiance has asked all his groomsmen to be in the wedding (i’m going to wait a bit still) and he got all the groomsmen socks

• I’ve gone dress shopping once (think I found the one, the first one I tried on but want to try on more a little later on when all the new spring collections come out)

• Getting quotes from videographers

• I’m a graphic designer so i’ve created our wedding logo and had a custom acrylic tray made that has it on it to display my bridal jewlry on for a photo op

• Color scheme decided on/general overall look and feel

• Been to one bridal show and have two to go to next week

Seems like a lot but in the grand scheme of things there is still so much more to do!

Post # 5
1685 posts
Bumble bee

We booked our venue.

That’s it! haha

Post # 6
20 posts
Newbee

We have a lot of our things decided but it just feels too early to do some of it!

Things we have done:

Have the venue (church and our house for the reception)

General theme, colors, ideas

Both the bridal and groom’s parties picked out (I asked them already, not sure he has)

A tentative guest list

General menu (we are still deciding if we are catering or making ourselves)

I think I found shoes and my reception dress, but still looking

And more than likely the photographer

But I can’t bring myself to go dress shopping until we officially set a date, even though I want to go really bad!  I know what we are doing for the invitations, flowers (they are silk so I am already buying them), and bridal jewerly (I’m making it).  I still don’t know which of my two colors my bridal party is going to wear so dresses are still up in the air.  I just don’t want to wait too long, but it feels too early with an end of May wedding!

Post # 7
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Venue booked, caterer chosen (well, same people who run the venue), and engagement session booked. Tentative guest list. I am making my own invitations and save the dates by hand so I have begun the Save the dates. 

Post # 8
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We’re March 15th. So far we have:

Reserved the ceremony location (tentative, no deposit)

Reserved the reception location (again tentative, no deposit, waiting to get a quote from the required caterer)

Picked cake flavors and design

Picked attendants

Put together a guest list

Picked a coupe photographers and a DJ to talk to the next time I’m in town.

Everyone is telling me I’m getting way ahead of myself, but we’re planning from 500 miles away and I am freaking out a little that I won’t be able to get it all done, so I’m trying to work ahead.

Post # 11
1307 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We’re Feb. 28th, 2014

We have our venue booked (ceremony + reception @ same place)

a rough draft of our menu

and we are meeting with who will likely be our photographer tonight

Post # 13
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

We’re April 25, 2014 and so far we have booked:

*venue(includes catering, cake, etc.)

*ceremony musicians

*photographer

*DJs

*officiant

*guest transportation

*hotel block

Post # 14
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Ohhavok:  Oh my gosh, date twin! I didn’t think anyone else in the world was getting married the same day as me. haha

I feel so behind! We have been looking at venues, but we haven’t picked one yet. We don’t have any vendors booked. My first dress appointment is next week. I’m hoping to have a venue picked by April.

Post # 15
418 posts
Helper bee

We bought a cake topper…and that’s pretty much it. I’ve been to a bridal show (as a Maid/Matron of Honor for my bestie getting married this year) and we’ve tossed around ideas but we haven’t really done much. Fiance and I are in the middle of trying to buy our first home so we’ve been kinda super-hellishly-busy. Once we close (hopefully in April!!) we will start thinking about wedding stuff.

Luckily, my bestie is getting married in October and cousin is getting married in September so we have plenty of opportunity to share tips/vendors/etc.

Post # 16
Hostess
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

WHAT?? you guys have all that done??? I’m thinking of a April 2014 destination wedding and have only made a few calls for pricing for all inclusive resorts.  You guys….do I need to start panicking???

The topic ‘2014 brides, what all have you done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors