(Closed) 2014 brides, what all have you done?

posted 8 years ago in April 2014
Post # 32
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Our wedding is in 9-ish months and we have:

• Church
  • Priest
  • Reception Venue (hotel, so catering, tables, chairs, linens, etc. are included – thank goodness!)
  • Save the Dates are out
  • Photographer
  • Cake baker
  • Wedding Bands
  • Picked our florist (going next week to put down the deposit)
  • MY DRESS (finally, it was causing me so much stress!)
  • I’ve gone looking at bridesmaid dresses with my bridesmaids, but no decision has been made yet
  • Cake topper, card box, things for our centerpieces and guestbook

Post # 33
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@allyfally:  I’m June 2014. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted right from the get-go. Fiance and I don’t have enough money yet, so his parents chipped in, and with their help (considering the majority of attendees to the wedding are their family, I had no problem with them paying a little) we did these things already:

-booked the reception venue (small deposit)

-booked the church for ceremony (no deposit, pay the week of)

-booked the decorator for the reception (50% deposit, this was the most expensive)

I decided to go ahead with a decorator because they do awesome work, and my wedding is too big. I got overwhelmed (150 people, 100 of those are FI’s side).

My parents are contributing as well, so they are purchasing my dress, accessories, as well as some money. With that, my next step will be:

-book venue for wedding social

-hire DJ for social and wedding

Like you, I have a budget  checklist going as an app on my phone. I know exactly what I want to do πŸ™‚ As for fun stuff, I’ve already decided on bridesmaid dresses and bouquets/all flowers, but I won’t be ordering them til the fall, when I actually have cash to spare. I’m having my girls dress in those convertible dresses, from henkaa.com.

Best of luck to you in your planning!

Post # 34
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I’m getting married April 19th.

Have my save the dates and invites

Opened a join checking with the fiance to save and pay for everything.

Found our wedding favors

Picked BM’s and GM’s

Already picked my venue and vendors,put down all our deposits.. now just getting to the specifics with them.

Found and negotiated with a hotel for all our wedding guest and shuttle service to/from the wedding.

I feel we’ve done really well so far, the hardest part has been trying to find “MY” dress.

Congrats to all the 2014 brides πŸ™‚

Post # 35
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We’re March 1.  So far we:

*have our venue booked (this includes cake, decor, favors, hotel room)

*have our ceremony space booked

*have our florist

*have our officient

*have my dress and all my jewlery, Fiance has his tux (he bought it, as a deal with a suit he bought)

*wedding parties are set

*have a meeting planned with a DJ

Post # 37
3 posts
Wannabee

im june 7, 2014!!!

I have my:

venue-reception and ceremony same place!

DJ!

Bluegrass Band πŸ™‚

Photographer…already have had half my engagement pics!

Alcohol vendor

Caterer

Florist

fell in love with a dress yesterday πŸ™‚

View original reply
@allyfally:  who is your cake baker!!! that’s my goal this week!!!

Post # 39
3 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@allyfally:  yep! I’m in Louisville! working on a good cake/baker to help me with my desert “vision” lol

Post # 41
2 posts
Wannabee

We have:

set a date, April 12, 2014.

booked and fully paid for the venue.

selected and asked bridesmaids and groomsmen and flower girls and ring bearers.

a photographer, with a save the date session in 5 days.

We have unofficially selected and asked:

a bartender

people to cater

a DJ

ushers.

Post # 42
211 posts
Helper bee

I am excited for you and don’t stress, I really think we have more time than we think we do! 

View original reply
@allyfally:  So far I have

-Officiant  

-Venue   Garrison, NY The Garrison 4-27-14

-Save the dates  

-bridesmaids   -90% of our registries are done  

– 97% of our guest list

-We have done our amazing menu (all vegetarian including pizzas, ice cream bar, different gourmet pastas with many sauces, whipped cream and raspberry cake, Indian curry bar, mini grilled cheese and tomato soup, homemade hummus and homemade pita chips, fried top mashed potatoes, mozzarella and tomato salad skewers, quesadillas with sour cream and chips, berry bar, cranberry and romaine salad, mac and cheese, candy galore… it is so much easier and so delicious to be a vegetarian!) 

-we have booked an awesome photographer

-I have the flower girls and ring bearer picked out

– I have the alcohol in place

– I have a firm idea of what my flowers will look like, but I haven’t booked a florist yet!

Things I still need to do… Buy a dress, buy shoes, buy a veil, buy a bridal purse, book a bus for my guests, write vows, buy a ketuba,  book a salon for my bridesmaids, book a makeup and hair appointment for myself, I called to block off hotels but the woman who was supposed to send paperwork didn’t do it, I have to find bridesmaid dresses (I am looking for cotton candy blue) if anyone sees anything like this please let me know! I also need to pick out favors and invitations. picked out mason jars (is anyone selling these or do you know where to get  them?) I also need a DJ… Looking at this list scares me!!! I hope I am not too far behind. How far in advance did everyone do these things? 

Post # 43
130 posts
Blushing bee

@allyfally:  We have booked EVERYTHING!!

we have the church, reception venue, room decoration hire, photographer, cake lady, had a company design our stationery, cars, dress, bridesmaid dresses, flowers, DJ and band!

oh and Date twins!!!

Post # 45
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

This thread makes me feel so behind xD Ours is April 26 (maybe 27th?)

– I picked out my dress (buying next week)

– Venue is picked out (supposedly deposit is going down next week as well)

– Flowers are picked out (etsy!)

– Talked to a photographer and will book her (just need money to do so)

– Bakery chosen for cake

But as of right now, nothing is actually paid for and in possession except my earrings (which an absolutely amazing friend bought for me!) and my shoes.

I feel so behind and there’s nothing I can do about it because of money issues! >.<

The topic ‘2014 brides, what all have you done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors