(Closed) 2014 Brides…. what have you done?

posted 6 years ago in February 2014
Post # 3
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@Pinkmoon:  Wow! You are so organized!! The only thing I’ve completed so far is lining the STD & Invitation envelopes. 

I mean, we have our guestlist pretty much fleshed out too and a basic buget, but that’s about it…well with the exception of a whole schwack-load of ideas simmering on the back burner.

Post # 4
124 posts
Blushing bee

WOW! and I thought I was organized! I am in Germany and planning a wedding in Brazl, so the venue isnt chosen yet or anything, but I am contacting the film and the photographer for pricing quotes, looking for the dress, chose save the dates and chose the invitation I want. chose cake toppers and party favors. transportation will most likely be in our own cars so that is arranged as well!

my aunt has a restaurant so i think i got the caiteres. my best friend will play with her band on the wedding as a gift. 

also chose ushers and bridesmaids gifts. chose style of cake i want as well (will be made with the woman that makes my cakes since my first birthday! she is amazing! my wedding will be travel themed so the cake will be suitcases.)

Post # 6
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I haven’t even picked a date yet! We’re looking at end of 2013 or early/Spring 2014. 

Post # 7
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Well.. um.. I’ve found a venue I like and have come up with a colour scheme. That is about it.

Post # 8
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Umm. I have a date. Hahaha. 

Post # 9
255 posts
Helper bee

Ok!!! Phew…Took me the better part of 4 months but I can say I’m officially done my invitation and STD templates.

I’m creating a passport for the Save-The-Date Cards that has an ENTIRE information booklet on the inside complete with map, resort info, location info, excursions…yadda yadda! It’s like 10 pages of information, photos and graphics!

Invitations are boarding pass style, so again a lot of formatting.

Now it’s just the process of printing and assembling…I’m thinking another 20+ Hours all said and done! 

OMG…this is beginning to feel like work! LOL

Post # 10
4893 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

I have a date, planned the budget, picked out colors, looked at flowers, picked out my bridal party, have narrowed my venue down to a couple of options, picked out my wedding ring, started looking at dresses online for ideas, made the primary guest list, and arranged our engagement pictures with my friend who’s a photographer. 

Next is reception and invites/wedding announcements (And Save-The-Date Cards, if we decide to have them). 

So far I have a lot of options, but nothing seriously concrete. It’s too far out for that anyway. 

Post # 13
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I have my venue. Thats it. I am starting to look at photographers and DJs since all the best will book quickly and I want to get the top pick. We are probably doing our engagement photos in the next few months to get some fall foliage pictures. Next spring, I will begin the rest of the planning.

Post # 14
255 posts
Helper bee

@Pinkmoon:  I’ll be posting finished products in the DIY section when done. I’ll let you know! 

Post # 15
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

OK I need to know…how many 2014 bees already have their dresses?

I might be getting mine this weekend and I’m scared its too soon. Someone make me feel better that its not 🙂

Post # 16
2808 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i’m not a february 2014 bride, i’m an october 2014 bride.

but, i’ve got our invites and std’s designed. and we’ve chosen a bridal party and a reception location (no deposits yet).

The topic ‘2014 Brides…. what have you done?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors