(Closed) 2014 Subaru Forester OR Honda CR-V?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 31
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh man.  If you can find a used Subaru, jump on that.

My first car was a ’99 Forester.  Someone decided to take a hard left into it, totaling it.  Went to the dealer we acquired my first one from, and it turns out there’s actually a freaking waiting list around here for the used ones.  They actually told me to not hold my breath, because the last used one that turned up was more than a year prior and a limited edition with leather interior that, even used, was extremely out of my price point.

I’m learning how to drive a standard just so I can buy my mom’s low-ish mileage ’02 Outback Sport off her.

The only real downside is that once they’re up there in age and mileage, if something happens to it, no insurance company is really going to believe you when you tell them that it’s still actually worth a decent chunk of change.

Oh, and I think they changed from timing belts to chains at some point, but double check to figure out what the used one you’re looking at uses.  It’s a $400 fix to replace the belt and I’d just sunk that money into mine when someone decided to wreck it for me.

Post # 33
3212 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I’m not sure that you should be buying a new car if you can’t afford your bills….

The topic ‘2014 Subaru Forester OR Honda CR-V?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors