posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 32
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Alexander Homestead

@Angel123000:

View original reply

View original reply
@MsYouandMe:  Another August 2015 bride to be here who is not even officially engaged yet.  SO and I are major planners so we have already done much of what you mentioned as well, MsYouandMe (Wedding date picked, venue picked out, photographers selected, guest list has begun, picked template for invitations and save the dates, purchased flowers for the bridal party [silk flowers], wedding colors selected, favors have already begun to be assembled [doing CDs so we purchased CD cases and have begun song selection]).

I have had had SO much fun wedding planning and am happy that SO has been just as enthusiastic and my mother and best friend have been supportive as well.  I have not shared it with very many others, however, because I personally felt a bit odd since I was not officially “engaged.”  Most vendors that we got in touch with were supportive EXCEPT the transportation guys that I talked to who seemed a bit preturbed to have to give me estimates on hourly rates since they wouldn’t know what gas prices would be in 2015 (like I would expect them to know! Undecided) and the Pastor that was a close family friend that I reached out to who did say he would be happy to officiate it but did not want to commit so far in advance.  I understood that no one really knows what their schedule will be like 24 months from now but the WAY he said it made me feel like he felt it a bit obsurd I was even asking this far in advance. I just really wanted to put a little bug in his ear and at least let him know I was interested in him sharing in our special day.  I didn’t need a firm commitment.  Anyway, the transportation guys and the pastor were all MALES so maybe they are the only ones that think wedding planning two years in advance is silly.  All the women I have come in contact with think it is extremely smart and they treated me with the same courtesy and patience as any other bride to be.

Post # 33
9834 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I was going to be a 2015 bride, will probably be a 2016 bride. I have been engaged since January 2012. Have everything planned in my head, just not booked or clarified anything yet as we don’t know the budget. It is not too early at all! Less stress overall in my opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 34
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I havent planned anything for my May 2015 wedding. We’ve been really relaxed about it and both of us are very go-with-the-flow type people. To be fair though, we’re planning on either eloping or having a private ceremony with only the two of us, the officiant, and a photographer. Its a toss up, so we’re going to go with whichever we feel like doing when 2015 actually rolls around.

The only thing I have been thinking about/planning so far is the dress!

Post # 35
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I have quite a bit of planning done, but I’m a January 2015 bride.  Honestly I’m sick of hearing “but that’s so far away!,” people hear “2015” and assume it’s a solid 2+ years away when it’s only 14ish months!  I’m also getting married in a city and in a venue that is not unusual to book 2 years in advance, I was incredibly lucky to get the date I wanted less than 18 months out! I’m excited for 2013 to be over so people will start realizing that the wedding isn’t too far away :-).  I plan on sending my STD’s (destination-ish wedding, not for Fiance and I though) in late January or February since all guests will have to travel, so I’m already looking at styles for those.  I’ll probably order them in a few weeks so they’re in on time and ready to go!    

Post # 36
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

July 2015, and I actually haven’t heard any negative comments. I have my venue, church and DJ book. We also have our decorator and flower quote, and we’re planning on booking our photographer in the next few weeks. Not too early at all! Things are already booking up! 

Post # 37
1133 posts
Bumble bee

I know how you’re feeling! We are getting married in May 2015, and we got engaged this past June, so just shy of 2 years. I’ve always wanted a long engagement, and it made sense, with Fiance and I both graduating in the spring of 2014, moving in together, etc., we won’t have time to have a wedding next year.

Not to mention, our first choice of May 16, 2015 was BOOKED in July 2013 when we went to go book it, so we bumped it back to the 23rd. Now, the first half of 2015 is ALL gone.

Never too early.  We have gotten some amazing deals, and we’re almost down to a year and a half already.

Post # 38
528 posts
Busy bee

@Angel123000:  August 2015 over here! We haven’t started planning, apart from choosing our date and venue. The long timeline is making us too complacent! Once the “year to go” date rolls around, I think we might get a bit more organised ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 39
2447 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You can never do too much too early when it comes to wedding planning, unless of course you’re not engaged yet haha. Good for you for being organized and on it!

Post # 40
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Angel123000:  Nah, it’s not too early. I’m that person who would rather plan things early instead of leaving ANYTHING to the last minute. Ideally we want to get everything out of the way and paid for by the end of 2014. You’re not alone ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 41
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I got engaged in March 2013 and my wedding is June 2014. We started planning immediately and I had pretty much everything booked by the start of April. I am super organized and wanted to get everything done asap – so I totally get where you’re coming from! All of that being said – be careful booking some stuff too early. I have had to rebook our block of rooms at the hotel, find a new hairdresser, renegotiate with our decorator and find a new site for our ceremony because of people changing jobs, misplacing our contracts (because they didn’t have the summer 2014 files started yet) etc. 

Don’t let other people’s lack of excitement get to you. I found vendors were good at getting excited with me, so I feed off of that and try to avoid family and friends for the time being LOL

Big hugs! Smile

Post # 42
264 posts
Helper bee

Can I just tell you that we are in the EXACT SAME situation? I support you, girl! Keep planing! (& I will too.)

Post # 43
1540 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve been getting the same thing from people. It’s honestly annoying. We’re having a 2 year engagement because I’m in school and FI’s job can get hectic. People make comments about us doing things so early. I’m like……do you understand WHY we are having a long engagement? because we WANT TO PLAN OVER THE 2 YEARS! not just be engaged for 1 year and then plan for the 1 year leading up to it….so planning now was the idea of it all….

Some people have been saying things like “oh you could have had it this summer” as if they feel bad for me waiting until the next. I’m like THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!

Post # 44
2514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

We’re Feb 2015 and have already visited venues (still don’t have one we love.  It’s driving me crazy.)  I’m waiting til Feb 2014 to start looking for my dress, but I’m buying decor items now (We’re doing white/red and lots of wood.  Rustic and elegant.  So when the Christmas stuff goes on sale, I’m snapping it up.  Red berries, clear vases, white candles, etc.) 

I have a timeline for everything. Venue is #1 on the list for November 2013.  The planning will kick into higher gear after the holidays.

Post # 45
130 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@ComputerLove06:  Wow, you are way ahead of me! You’ve done some awesome work!

SO and I have a guest running guest list (over 300 already!) and a wedding website in progression. We have location for the ceremony, but its actually still under construction and is expected to open later this year. We are in this awkward stage where we are on an unofficial list, but not confirmed. We are hesitant to put deposits on other places!

When did you pick our your photographer? I have some in mind, but thought it might be silly of me to inquire about prices and availability before being engaged. Now I am thinking it might be good to reserve my photographers early!

Like you, I haven’t shared wedding planning with many other people – my parents have started telling (close) extended family about our wedding date but mostly it has been hush-hush. I’m waiting for the engagement to be my big debut ๐Ÿ™‚ And, I too have noticed that men can be a little weird when planning in advance. I don’t think its that far! 

Post # 46
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Alexander Homestead

View original reply
@MsYouandMe:  SO and I planned on a destination wedding in Curacao and recently travelled there for vacation.  Before we even left we had already made appointments with different hotels that we were surveying as potential venues.  When I was making appts with venues, I came across some gorgeous pictures of other weddings that took place there and I said, “What the heck?” and I got in touch with the photographer of those pictures too!  They (along with the hotels/venues) were very happy to forward documentation with pricing as well as set our appt since they knew we would be traveling soon to the island anyway.  We connected with the photographers (turned out to be a boyfriend/girlfriend team) for our initial “Meet and Greet” and ended up forming a real FRIENDSHIP! They turned into the best tour guides, gave us a list of some amazing restaurants to try and sights to see, and they even invited us to an amazing bar and lounge right on the ocean where they were going to be shooting pics of the band.  Afterwards we stopped by a late night food truck and ate some of the most delicious chicken wraps I’ve ever had! LOL. That night was one of the highlights of our trip.  ๐Ÿ™‚

In case any bride to be is considering Curacao to get married and need to find an amazing photographer, check out Claudia Sanches and Miguel Hart of Wow Wedding Details (www.woweddingdetails.com).

The topic ‘2015 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors