(Closed) 2015 Brides, Share Your Dresses!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 271
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
Rachaelemma:  the lace on your dress is stunning! 

Post # 272
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
elyseDCB:  I’m the same way! I limited myself to only looking at dresses under $500. My sister convinced me to try on an $800 Oleg Casini tea length dress (that seems to be a really popular dress on here!) but I’m too short for it at 5’2″. For many dresses, you have to figure there’s also the cost of alterations once the dress is bought.

Post # 273
82 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
elyseDCB:  I’m the same way! I limited myself to only looking at dresses under $500. My sister convinced me to try on an $800 Oleg Casini tea length dress (that seems to be a really popular dress on here!) but I’m too short for it at 5’2″. For many dresses, you have to figure there’s also the cost of alterations once the dress is bought. I bought a Galina tea length dress for $450 (tax included).

Post # 274
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
rothy:  Smart idea! Who needs expensive! Awe I love tea length since I am tall (5’9″) but i cannot wear heels due to a bum knee. I don’t think Toms or Nikes would look good with it 😛

Post # 275
83 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
Lalavla:  thank you so much! I initially said “no lace!” when I was first looking and then I realised it was exactly what I wanted, but I just didn’t know it!

Post # 276
8 posts
Newbee

August 2015 can’t come soon enough!

Post # 277
11 posts
Newbee

This is me! Impressions 10175 (which I hated the pictures of!). Amazing dresss though- may get rid of the slit!

Post # 278
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

13 stores and about 30+ dresses later, I finally found THE DRESS! I will also be wearing Maggie Sottero Adalee. I love seeing pictures of them on other brides. I can’t wait for it to come in my size!

Post # 279
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Better lighting

Post # 280
32 posts
Newbee

I have a summer wedding and opted for this breezy dress – I loved it so much when I bought it. It still hasn’t come and of course I’m having second thoughts…I worry that I should have gone with something more dramatic or with more volume. I guess I worry it’s not as much of a “wedding dress” and I’m doubting myself. Any of you guys having trouble with this? 

Post # 281
32 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Nicj33:  Your dress looks beautiful on you! My wedding is in August too. 

Post # 282
32 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Melly319:  What a beautiful dress! Love the skirt transition too. The color is beautiful, so much nicer than white!

Post # 283
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
cakeandtea:  In a word, yes. My family and friends all say my dress is “so me” but I worry it’s too boring, plain, simple… It finally came, I tried it on, and was like “yup, it’s a dress, it looks good on me, cool.” No big fanfare, but I wasn’t disappointed, so that’s something, right? I have been very conflicted throughout planning (simple vs. ornate dress, bright and cheerful vs. soft and romantic flowers, etc.) and just have to keep telling myself that absolutely none of it matters other than the part where I marry my best friend!! By The Way, your dress looks amazing and perfect for summer! 

Post # 284
32 posts
Newbee

View original reply
LoveMyBrit:  Yes, I’m the same way! I typically think I have a good idea of what “my style” is but wedding planning is making me so indecisive. I think it’s because I want to make sure I don’t regret my choices down the line…but that will make anyone crazy. I had the same thoughts about flowers, too. Thank you for the compliment on the dress – my friends and family said the same thing, that the dress is “so me”, so I trust their judgement too!

Post # 285
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
cakeandtea:  Yup — yay for wedding planning that all the sudden makes you second guess all choices multiple times! God bless my darling fiance, I ask him the same question so many times (“are you sure you like this style invite?” “but can you look again?” “what about this one instead?” “okay what about the original?”) and he’s miraculously still putting up with me, haha. I totally do the same thing, but I do think that worrying about regretting choices down the line is dangerous. I think we’ll ALL have things we look back on and laugh about (“oh my gosh, can you even believe the veil I chose?!”) but in the end, you just have a have a positive attitude and trust that it will be wonderful no matter what you pick! 

That said, OMG I can’t pick a veil for the life of me… 🙂 

The topic ‘2015 Brides, Share Your Dresses!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors