(Closed) 2015 brides: Time to start shedding for the wedding

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 62
1516 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I’ve been working really hard to get back on track. I’ve joined some drop-in classes at my community centre. I love the drop-in aspect – no fear of commitment! Anyways, I found that I am enjoying the classes much more than ever going to the gym and I am actually looking forward to them!

I went clothes shopping the other day and I fit into a size 12! I haven’t been a size twelve for years!! It was such a great feeling. Just to put it into perspective, at my heaviest, I was a size 18.

My aerobics instructor left us with these words: “I am strong! I am worthy!” Whenever you are feeling down and feeling like you can’t push yourself any further – you are strong, you can do it!!

Post # 64
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Ooo, me!

I basically just want to lose the 20lbs I gained in the past year. I was a chubby teenager, figured out what’s healthy for my body and was skinny and athletic for years, and then between living abroad and moving in with Fiance my weight has slowly crept up 🙁

I have a dress shopping appointment in a month and want to be pretty close to my goal by then. I’m trying to lose 15lbs by then– I know I can do 10, I’m hoping I can really push for the 15!

Then I can take my time to lose the weight but I want to get to my goal and STAY THERE.

My challenge is finding a way to be with Fiance without gaining weight, because he’s always eating and I always want to join in

Post # 65
1516 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Laurenplusalex:  Thanks so much! I’ve worked really hard for every pound!! It really is hard to overcome those feelings. I feel as though for us as women, society tells us that our self-worth is based on our appearance. And if we don’t measure up…. Although, I’m celebrating being a size 12, I really just want to be healthy again! 

You definitely do deserve to be healthy! And celebrate the small milestones (even if they aren’t milestones for anyone else)!

Post # 67
68 posts
Worker bee

I’ve lost just shy of 90 lbs, and would like to lose another 10-15lbs.

I know if I buy a dress now (wedding 1/3/15) that even with 10-15 lbs it won’t require any real alterations, but be mindful of losing “too much” weight and suddenly having a dress not fit and that can’t be altered to fit.

While trying on dresses I had a salesperson caution me that losing more than 30 lbs could result in a dress simply not fitting and not being able to be altered to fit.  (I’m guessing this probably varies designer to designer)

Good Luck with losing.  It’s been a struggle, but definitely worth it. And the best resource when losing weight is having people support you.

( I lost the first 70lbs on weight watchers and the last 20 doing low carb…and gym lots of gym…lol)

Post # 69
68 posts
Worker bee

@Laurenplusalex luckily David’s Bridals seems to be able to get things in a timely manner. I hear horror stories of 9-10 months for a dress. Which makes me realize I need to hustle….

Post # 70
522 posts
Busy bee

I’ll join! I’m not engaged yet, but we’re looking at a late spring proposal and I don’t want to feel bloated and huge for it. 

I joined Weight Watchers back in June 2012 and lost about 50 lbs. I’ve been stuck at this weight for a while and can’t seem to start losing again. I’m hoping to lose about 25 lbs by May/June and another 25 before our wedding. 

Post # 73
68 posts
Worker bee

I currently do a low carb “diet” (Which btw, I loathe that word). I keep my carbs under 50g per day and have cut out almost anything white (bread, starch, sugar). I feel better than I did when I was loading up on carbs.

I loved WW for the year I did it, however, it gave me too much room to play, and give me an inch and I’ll take a mile, I’m *that* person.

I do use the My fitness pal app to keep track of calories/carbs. Even though you shouldn’t count calories when I counting carbs, I still keep my calories in the 1200-1500 range.  I also allow myself one cheat meal a week.  I use to go to the gym 4x a week, but that has slacked off with a busy work schedule (and a lazy me).

I am 5ft6in and 175ish right now.  ( My highest weight was 265)

Post # 75
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
@Laurenplusalex:  ugh, I can’t stand people who can’t wrap their brain around ‘that’s bad for your body long and short term’ 

My goal is 145-ish lbs,  depending on how I look and feel when I get down there. I’m currently 165lbs, 5’8″

I’m trying to get better about remembering to log in my fitness pal. I usually prefer working of at home,  but due to confined space living in FMILs basement,  FI and I have re joined the gym.  I’m currently doing the Intro To Weightlifting program by KMaeKags. I’m loving it so far!  My eating is really my weak point,  I do really well for most of the day and then fall prey to bored eating in the evening. 

Post # 76
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m 125.5 pounds, and 5’4″

I want to lose around 22 pounds:)

The thing is everytime i start a diet, i just end up giving it all up..lol

That is why i decided to eat normally throughout the day (cut doan a little on sugar and so on), and skip dinner..

I think that will work miracles with me since i just go crazy on food during the evening (i have no idea why).

The topic ‘2015 brides: Time to start shedding for the wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors