(Closed) 2015 Disneymooners, post here!

posted 5 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 16
357 posts
Helper bee

If you want to do character dinner, 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is a hoot.  In the evening, Cinderella and Prince Charming are there, along with Madame Tremaine and the two ugly stepsisters.  They are freaking hilarious – and you don’t need kids with you to get a kick out of it.

Be sure to get the Memory Maker photography package.  If you are not familiar with that, you purchase the package in advance, and get your picture taken all over the parks.  There are photographers everywhere.  When you get home, you go online and look at the pictures, add borders, etc. and they send you a CD with all the pictures.  It is pricey – $169.00 if you buy before your trip.  It goes up if you buy it after you get there, but it is worth it!

Disney is my favorite place.  But if you have a couple of days, Universal Studios is also worth the trip.

Have fun!

Post # 17
95 posts
Worker bee

Gahhh!! I am so exctied this is a thread so I can share!!! We’ve been planning for a year and out disneymoon is May 10th through the 17th… So close yet so far away!!

We are flying Southwest and using our two free checked bags for breakfast and snack food and bottled water lol. Doing magical express so we don’t have to worry about getting our bags.

Sunday – arrive early evening, get to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village and check into our Savannah View Studio… Go swimming until the pool closes then head to Downtown Disney to grab some drinks and ride the Characters In Flight Balloon At Night! (half off on groupon)

Monday – Hollywood Studios day. So excited for tower of terror and rock n roller coaster. Dining reservations at SciFi DineIn Theatre and seeing fantasmic show at night.

Tuesday – Epcot! Drinking around the world and if we are still standing dinner at the Coral Reef Restaurant. 

Wednesday – Universal Studios day!! Using a service called dreams unlimited… Which includes transportation to the park and back and hopper tickets to both theme parks. Super excited to go to Jurassic Park and look for some Jurassic World merchandise because I am a superfan. Also excited for the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter becaus. I have never been there. Dinner at Bubba Gumps after the parks close.

Thursday – Magic Kingdom. Fast passed all the roller coasters so that is good! Hoping to snag an earlier dinner reservation at Be Our Guest because ours is at the same time as Wishes. If we can’t get one we will just snack all day. Would have LOVED to do Cinderellas Royal Table… But it’s was $150 for two people! That’s just crazy guys. Anyway I am looking forward to the fireworks. Every family vacation we have ever been on there my mom made us leave befroe them so we could avoid traffic.

Friday – Animal Kingdom! Never been there before and neither has my fiancé but we are crazy about animals! Super excited. reservation at Rainforest Cafe on the way out. Then over to Port Orleans for a carraige ride. Or over to downtown disney for disney quest!

Saturday – Blizzard beach In the afternoon! Haven’t been there since I was a kid so it should be just as fun as I remember! Followed by dinner and a movie at the AMC dine in theatre in DTD.

Sunday –  check out then head to breakfast at Ohana. I love Lilo And Stitch so that should be fun! Then typhoon lagoon for a while and magical expressing it back to the airport for the flight home. 🙁

i have a feeling I am not going to want to leave!!! I am just hoping there aren’t crazy crowds everywhere. We also got memory maker which I am so excited about because we dont have a lot of pictures of the two of us together! At least ones that aren’t selfies lol!

Post # 18
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Oh I love this thread!! We’re going for 10 days so we can go slow and have a couple of days of just being lazy! I’m beyond excited.

If you haven’t booked a hotel, I highly recommend “renting” dvc points. We went through dvcrentals.com and their service was fantastic! We ended up getting a villa at the Boardwalk for cheaper than their Moderate hotel had we booked through the disney website. So now we’re in prime location to Epcot and get to stay at a higher end hotel. 

Also, make sure you book those dinner reservations asap! We got everything we wanted because we booked the day our 180 days came around.

Post # 19
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ladies, you will have so much fun!  DH and I had our Disneymoon in late December 2013 (we were there for New Year’s!).  I definitely recommend Le Cellier in Epcot – the food was absolutely fantastic!  We also loved our meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table.  We were able to see the fireworks show from inside the castle which was one of our favorite memories from the trip!  Another fun thing that I suggest is going to the “Pick-A-Pearl” counter in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion.  DH got me a necklace to put my pearl in, and it’s a sweet souvenier of our trip together.  We also got to go to Be Our Guest for dinner which I see a lot of you are too!  We sat in the “West Wing” which was a lot of fun!  DEFINTELY wear your pins.  We didn’t get too many perks, but we had a lot of congratulations and well wishes which was really nice.  Have a great time ladies!! 🙂

Post # 20
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Darling Husband and I went for our honeymoon in December. If you can get your hands on a “Just Married” pin, do it and definitely wear it. Wearing them around and hearing all the “congratulations” makes the trip really special. Unfortunately, they told us that they don’t give out the Just Married pins anymore unless you get married on the Disney premises. Lucky for us, Darling Husband and I got ours in Disneyland when we visted as an engaged couple so we just wore the Disneyland ones around and no one was any the wiser.

Also, don’t forget to arrange all your fast passes before leaving. Get the app too so that you can make new FP reservations on the go. Best FP reservation of our honeymoon: the Magic Kingdom fireworks. You get to watch them from the rose garden, away from the rest of the crowd. 

Post # 21
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Have you booked yet??  Have you heard about the new Polynesian overwaters?? You should definitely stay there I love Disney we have been like 10 times.  I have an awesome travel agent that plans everything for me she has a dedicated concierge person who books all the dining and even plans our days! She specializes in honeymoons so it would be a perfect fit 

here is her email 

[email protected]

Post # 22
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Restaurant

I have decided to STOP thinking about my dress and focus and brighter things. Like our honeymoon!

So right now my Fiance and I are waiting to hear my PHD application resolution (acepted or rejected) I am hoping that I will be accepted and althoug this is not 100% sure, I have a good feeling and I’m trying to stay optimist about it by planning ahead of time (If you believe it, it will happen…my mom always says). But because of this -PHD waiting- we are unable to take any final decisions about our honeymoon.

In fact, if I do get accepted we might not have enough money for a big honeymoon because we would have to move out of our home state and rent a house, buy food, etc. And although I would have a scholarship and he will start working wherever we go to, the first months are probably going to be quite hard on our budget. Because of this, Fiance and I decided to have our honeymoon at a local luxurious hotel staying two nights eating chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and just relaxing. We might be able to travel at the end of year, but not before.

Nevertheless, I don’t feel 100% comfortable with the “just resting” idea. I know it is the best thing to do, logically, but I just…I wanted to go somewhere with him and have a lot of fun. I commented this with Fiance and he smiled and just said that he would also like for that, and he feels bad he isn’t able to give it to me right away. He was a little bit pressured, so I told him to get it out of his head and proposed the “late-honeymoon” idea (for November/December).

BUT…I am a mischevious girlfriend, and I have decided that if I DO get accepted to my PHD we are going to celebrate by traveling somewhere close. We live in Baja California, which is quite close to California and I am thinking about going to Disneyland and Disneyland California with him. I know I will be receiving some “extra” cash on June and I think I can spend that money in this trip. But I scared it might be too much…So…I have some questions:

1) Is it cheaper to stay at an Disney Hotel or should I search for an outside hotel?

2) In summer, which dates would be best? 

3) How much, in average, would I need for a nice time between ourselves?

4) Would you recommend me Disneyland for a honeymoon/celebration?

5) Any other options besides Disneyland that are equally fun and exciting?

Post # 23
81 posts
Worker bee

There’s a chance I may be more excited for our honeymoon than I am for the wedding! We’re going October 24-31 staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We have reservations for Be Our Guest on our last night there 🙂 I can not wait!

Post # 24
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
MissCrafty:  I feel the same way! We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter! Riverside is just as beautiful and you are going to LOVE Be Our Guest! It is my favorite resturant on property!

The topic ‘2015 Disneymooners, post here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors