(Closed) 2015/2016 destination wedding brides!

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll:
  • Post # 17
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2015 - Key Largo Lighthouse

Teatime: My fiance and I are getting married 12/24/15 in Key Largo. The winter months are great to get married in the keys because the weather is nearly perfect (very little possibility of rain, great temperatures, etc). The only thing I didn’t realize until starting to plan is that  December/Christmas time is also the busiest time of the season for the keys. When I first started vendor shopping I was quickly informed I selected a date during the busiest week of the season! OOPS ๐Ÿ™

The great thing, however, is I’ve found vendor prices to be pretty reasonable for getting married in Key Largo (rentals, catering, etc). The most expensive part of our wedding is the venue (Key Largo Lighthouse) but it’s because it’s a 5 acre private property that we rented for a week. They have a private beach for the ceremony and then rental of the property comes with a reception tent, all lighting/uplighting, 10 – 72″ round tables, 150 white padded chairs and a tiki hut bar. The best part is there’s a main house on property that can sleep about 14 people so no traveling anywhere and all the events are right on property.

Maui would be beautiful though — I wish we could have had a destination wedding somewhere like Hawaii or overseas but our family wouldn’t be able to afford the trip and our budget wasn’t big enough .

Post # 18
    39 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    hp520:  i went with suzanne morel’s company creative destination events for my wedding planner. they’ve been pretty good so far! my vendors are the following

venue: Fiesta Americana

Decor: Linens, Things & More (i think they work with cabo floral studios with the decor so thats the flowers too)

DJ: not booked yet but i think im going with DJ Mijares

Officiant: it was supposed to be Marcos as well but we’re working with the hotel to see if hes going to do it

photography & videography: Ana & Jerome

rehearsal dinner: not sure yet but since we are trying to make sure all of our guests stay at our resort, we might do a ” casual rehearsal/welcome” and do a bombfire at the resort.  

im excited but yes there are some frustating times when dealing with the vendors out there. we did a site visit and actually went to casa dorado, we loved their rooms but ultimately we decided on an All Inclusive.

Post # 19
    175 posts
    Blushing bee

We’re doing a destination wedding in Glasgow, Scotland! It’s only partly a destination wedding since that is where my partner is from. But it feels like a destination wedding because we live in the US, as does my entire family! We are thinking July 2016, but we don’t have a venue/date yet.

Post # 20
    67 posts
    Worker bee

I’m having a destination wedding to my home country, the US haha. 

I’m from NYC but I live in Madrid, Spain with FH, where he’s from. We’re getting married in Charleston, SC where my Grandfather’s from and I spent my summers and Christmases growing up.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by xsteene88.
    Post # 21
    1002 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
    flwrgrl:  what resort? We are at sandals grand rivieria in ocho rios!

Post # 22
    321 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

Marrying in Fiji in Nov this year…booked everything only have our rings to finalise now ๐Ÿ™‚ Cost about $30KAUD all up and that includes 2 weeks honeymoon in 5 star resorts in Honolulu and Maui. SO EXCITING!

Post # 23
    34 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    yogahhh:  

Couples Tower Isle!  We went there last March and loved it so figured we would go back for the wedding! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 23
    1 posts
    Wannabee

I’m planning a destination wedding for us in Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands for 2016, its an undertaking, but by stroke of luck I saved moeny by booking a Wedding Photographer that likes to travel a few times a year and offers practically free wedding coverage. He gave me a quote of 1500 for all day wedding coverage, and the following day we can go around the island dressed up again to get some portraits. So take a look and reach out maybe someone here will get lucky. I came across him on twitter, contact http://www.CoutureBridalPhotography.com hes based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It may be worth saving a few hundred or thousand dollars. Let me know Im planning a Puerto Rico wedding next year

Post # 24
    1 posts
    Wannabee

View original reply
    flwrgrl:  We are looking into Ochos Rios!! Do you mind if I ask what resort you went with? I have a list of about 10, but would love to get some input from you!!

Post # 25
    34 posts
    Newbee

View original reply
    futuremiller:  

We are going to Couples Tower Isle, we went there last year for vacation and loved it so decided to go back and have it there!  We are not having a big wedding though just 4 of our friends then a big celebration when we get home.  I’m not sure I would choose this resort if I was having a bigger wedding as the actual ceremony locations aren’t what my first choice would be but it works for what we are doing.  Couples has another resort in Ocho rios called san souci that has some pretty ceremony sites, you can actually get a good 360 view of them on their website.  I haven’t stayed at any other all inclusive resorts but we did really love Couples! We have close friends that have stayed at Sandals in Jamaica 3 times and they love it there so it really just comes down to the ceremony sites I think bc I’m sure all the all inclusive reaorts are paradise!! 

Post # 26
    1002 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    futuremiller:  I’m doing sandals in ocho rios in two weeks! Can get you some feedback after we return if you want? So far I’m happy with them but their lack of communication is a bitfrustrating 

Post # 27
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: February 2016

Question for all of you who are doing a reception or a celebration back home…are you going to wear your wedding dress for this?  We are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica in February 2016 and then having a large “celebration” in April.  I personally don’t want to wear my dress – I would prefer to get more of a “rehearsal dinner’ type dress and wear it.  Of course I don’t have my dress yet so maybe I will change my mind in a month after shopping!  Thoughts???

Post # 28
    70 posts
    Worker bee

Melia Caribe Tropical in Puna Cana, Dominican Republic June 2016 ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 29
    52 posts
    Worker bee

Hello Brides!  I’m new here and excited to be planning my Destination Wedding in Hawaii sometime late next year (2016).  Still in the early planning stages and simply researching and collecting as much information as possible.  We have a tight budget (considering we want to pay for hotel rooms for our guests), so it will be a challenge.  We plan on 20-25 total (including ourselves).  My current plan:  Ceremony at a beautiful Chapel & low-key reception at a restaurant (preferably private room).  We also have a friend who is a photographer who will be a guest so hopefully that will help save some $$.  Any other Hawaii / Oahu brides out there?  I’d love to hear your plans!

Post # 30
    9 posts
    Newbee

I had my wedding planned by One Heart Wedding (http://www.oneheartwedding.com.hk) – the wedding company that brought my dream destination wedding into reality. They’ve managed to set up the beach wedding at the shores of Bali Indonesia. The wedding decoration was breathtaking that you will wish to repeat the event again and again.

The topic ‘2015/2016 destination wedding brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors