(Closed) 2016 Brides?

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 46
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

Hi, everyone! Spring 2016 here–most likely mid-april. Our venue is my Fiance family’s Cherry Orchard in Traverse City, MI so we need to wait a little to plan around the bloom. (need that in the pics! google: cherry tree bloom)<br /><br />We had originally planned to hold the wedding at a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Chicago (where we met/live), but the second i remembered about the cherry orchard–FLW was out the window!

Glad to find some fellow 2016 brides! All about those savings

Post # 47
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Hi wedding bees.

Though I am a London girl, my fiance lives in Belgium so we decided to go on ahead and do it over there. Going to visit the venue (an old farmhouse) in about an hour and I am so excited. Our colors are peach, blush pink and cream … kinda shabby chic.

We also contacted the local Cathedral which is by the river and it looks breathtaking, the excitement is beyond understanding at this point. In Belgium you have to get married at the townhall before you do your church wedding but I am not too concerned about that since I plan to do the legal wedding on the D-low a few days before and take the rings off afterwards. For us the church wedding is more important.

So far I have found the dress (I tried 6 and that one stood out and I at this point I am not tempted to try any more). I also need to make a traditional dress to wear briefly before the party starts, there is usually a 1 hour-ish traditional thing they do when the in-laws and other women teach me how to become a wife or something I don’t even know, but my mom is taking care of that so not gonna stress.

Bridesmaid dresses I will deal with closer to the time, don’t have many and I plan to keep it simple for them. My Maid/Matron of Honor is getting her dress custom made so not gonna worry about her, I trust her fashion sense, and she knows the look I am going for.

Make-up artist confirmed, will do a trial with her at some point after August 2015. Have some time to think about the look I want to achieve. No idea on hair stylist though, again in London I would have no doubts, but Belgium hmmmmm.

I found a decorator who will double as a wedding coordinator on the day since I will have 340-350 guests and I do not want CHAOS. (It is an African wedding and chaos usually happens).

Photographer is going to be tricky, I know who I would use if I was in London but in Belgium it is a real struggle to find the right person with the right price. The search continues

Since it is an African wedding I have to find traditional dancers – don’t want them but parents insisted :'( …

I still have a little time for the other stuff like invitations and favours and what not.

My mom and his mom are taking care of the catering. And Mr Angeloulou and his friends are taking care of everything to do with drinks. The venue we found allows us to bring our own bevvies.

My sister is making the cake and also providing cupcakes and cakepops for my love is sweet bar.

That’s all I’ve done so far and it’s so hard because I am currently doing a PhD and will be going to Ghana for 6 months on fieldwork, sucks like hell but tuh has to be done.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by angeloulou.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by angeloulou.
Post # 48
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

May 2016!

Plan plan plan, I’ve got my puppies booked at the kennels, I’ve got my stationary, I’m getting a new e ring, the one we had was temporary, and we already have rings! I am in Melbourne Australia 🙂 we are flying to vegas! There’s not to much to plan for ours, it’s small, so just dress, tux, hair & make up and book flights 🙂 we are saving and happy to have a long engagement! 🙂

Post # 49
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Just engaged today! My FH (OMG) and I are looking at Fall 2016 – possibly October, but that seems like an insanely popular month these days. We’ll see!

Post # 50
639 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
wvkc:  Another Michigan (wedding) bee! We’re a little further south than you’re getting married though. 

We’re booking our hotel blocks next week. It’s really neat seeing the event title be “Beeintraining-FI’s Last Name Wedding’ 

Post # 51
47 posts
Newbee

I’m a 2016 bride, too! How exciting to see people are planning ahead!

We haven’t thought too much about specifics, but we are pretty sure the wedding will be in July.

Post # 53
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Hi everyone,

13th March 2016 here!! I’m an Aussie bride and it’s the sunday of a long weekend. We got engaged a month ago and booked our venue a week ago! The ceremony and reception are at the same venue. Super excited! I haven’t booked anything else, not even sure what’s next (Catering is included in the venue) but I’ll most likely get stuck into it after christmas! I’m currently getting our engagement invites for Feb 2015 ready to be sent yay! 

Post # 54
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

So far Fiance and I have just been venue browsing.  We are in sticker shock!!! We have an appointment to view a venue this Saturday.  I am REALLY EXCITED about this one.  If it turns out to be too good to be true. Then we have 2 other options.  However one venue refuses to lock us in at the current rate as the facility is going to be renovated January – March of next yr. The other venue will also be going under renovations (they are sister golf courses). The coordinator at the 2nd venue has agreed to honor the pre reno price provided we book before the renovations are completed.  AGH decisions! 

Post # 55
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hi ladies!! August 2016!:)

I really really want an outdoor fall wedding but we live in Colorado and want it in the mountains which means it might be cold if we go any further into the year. In hoping I can convince him otherwise. We’ve been together for 6 years and are waiting for me to finish school. As far as planning we’ve badly discussed our wedding party. I’m feeling really behind.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by gatoflowers.
Post # 56
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

View original reply
MissFox:  I’m getting married January 2016 but have been engaged since last December…I actually started planning right away and am almost done with everything. I was too excited to wait! LOL

Post # 57
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi Ladies! I just recently got engaged and am planning for an August 2016 wedding. Can’t wait to start really planning. Anyone else there yet?

Post # 58
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
MissFox:  

Also a 2016 bride. We’ve got our date set for August 26. We have a long engagement simply because he finishes the first year of a trades program in Spring 2015 and I was pretty stuck on a summer wedding, so that was the best compromise. I’m sure if I 100% footed the bill, I could have gotten married in 2015. Some days I like that I have lots of time to plan, other days I reaaaallly hate it.  So far, I’ve booked and paid the deposit on the venue, ordered and put a deposit on a dress and accessories, and picked my bridesmaids dresses. We’re getting married in the glorious Okanagan in BC, so it’s nice to have the extra time to have the money for the wedding we want to have. Another plus is we’re already locked and loaded for a venue, which is nice. When I phoned to talk to the coordinator, they already had 6 2016 weddings booked which I think is IN.SANE. Congratulations ladies!

Post # 59
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

October 8, 2016 here. 

I already booked our reception site. Have our DJ and wedding photographer(my coworker) and I saw THE dress for me and just ordered it because I knew it was perfect. Nobody took deposits yet. 

Post # 60
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

October 22nd 2016 Here.

Church is booked<br />Venue is booked<br />Photographer is booked and engagement pictures have been taken<br />Dress is bought<br />DJ/Photobooth has a deposit<br />And save the date mangets have been sent out (have some people from afar that need the heads up)

My Fiance and I have been together for 10 years in April. On our wedding day it’ll be exactly 11 and a half years.  This is also the day that we ususally have our anni so its very fitting to have the wedding this day too.

I know I’m a little over the top with planning but everything has just managed to fall into place like you wouldnt believe! The dress was just perfect the venue was too, I couldnt resist.

I could have pulled off a wedding 2014 (got engaged March 2014) or easily 2015 but Future Sister in law and Future brother inlaw are getting married Aug 2015 so If I could help it, I was trying to stay away from 2015 all together for a few reasons. 

I want to plan more but I know I cant/am being crazy! <br /><br />So glad to see that others are planning and bought their dresses like me tho! 

I’m Also doing WW want to lose a minium of 25lbs but would be even happier with 30lbs by the wedding

The topic ‘2016 Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors