(Closed) 2016 Brides?

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 61
1 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
mandysirishmist:  We share a date :].

Got engaged Dec. 11th & we’ll be getting married Oct. 22nd 2016 in California!

Post # 62
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

September 4,2016 venue done and thats about it i think during the summer we will get most done.

Post # 63
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Got engaged on December 27, 2014 and we will be getting married on July 15, 2016! We have a venue and photgrapher, and I am talking to the florist and DJ that we will most likely go with as well. I wanted to get things done early because I wanted a great photographer (who is also one of the most popualr in the area and books up fast), and we are getting married on the opposite coast from where we live, so everything has to be done online/over the phone, which takes a little longer than being able to meet in person. I also have a decent amount of free time during the day because work isn’t too busy, but it looks like I will be swamped from April through December, and I won’t have the time or energy to get a lot of wedding things done during that time. 

Post # 64
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

March 2016 bride here!

I was never the type to dream about her wedding day, but I am the indecisive and easily overwhelmed type, so my Fiance and I knew we would need ample time to plan this thing! I’m definitely not as on-the-ball as it seems like most of you are. All we have really done in our 3 months of engagement is book the venue… but the venue includes catering & floral centerpieces, so we won’t have to find seperate vendors for that! We’ve also decided on the guest list and our main colors. Other than that, I have definitely been doing a lot of thinking, researching, and planning in my head. Next on my list is getting a damn dress, which is so much harder than it seems!

Post # 65
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I’m a may or June 2016 bride! Super excited and going to see my first venue tomorrow. Why does everyone book so early here? What months offer th best rates? Anyone know?

Post # 66
23 posts
Newbee

I’m a March 2016 bride!

Post # 67
23 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mbee7:  Wedding season is April-October, so those are generally the most expensive. We are booking early just to be sure we get the exact venue and date we want…plus it gives us more time to pay it off!

Post # 68
479 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

We got engaged Dec 23, 2014 and  I’m a October 2016 bride. Originally we were debating on getting a house first or having a wedding. We ended up deciding on a wedding first because that’s just what worked best for us.  Venues are still really open for us in our area but that’s what I’m struggling to find right now.  I love the summer wedding colors but I CANNOT tolerate the heat so cool fall it for us. hahah

Post # 69
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Fox Hill Inn

We booked early because we wanted to get 2014 prices, most of the venues told us that they raise prices at the beginning of the year (not sure how true that is lol!) But by booking early we were able to negotiate an awesome rate. 

Post # 70
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MRSM2016:  I booked early because of the rate as well! My venue did raise prices and it was by a lot. So glad that I booked early and got the better deal.

Post # 71
608 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
fmrcmr:  Oh! I didn’t think of that at all. Good point. I guess I should get on it soon!

View original reply
MRSM2016:  Ok, so I guess I won’t be able to secure those rates anymore before because it’s already Jan 16…great.

View original reply
MissNC:  I love the cooler seasons too, but FI’s family insists that summer is more stable in terms of weather and people are on vacation more, and get time off..I hate the heat too, and I’m not planning on wearing a sleeveless (haven’t dress shopped yet either..). <br /><br />Thanks for the tips ladies! I am sure glad we are looking at our first venue tomorrow!

Post # 72
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mbee7: maybe not every venue raise prices each year.  My suggestion is to negotiate negotiate! The venue that my friend is getting married at in june couldn’t drop the price by much BUT they gave her extra appetizers, 2 enhancement stations during cocktail hour for like $1 per person and free uplighting!  Every little bit helps lol!  

Post # 73
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
SoonToBMrs.C:  wow you lucked out! Yay for savings haha! 

Post # 74
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Are there any brides here who don’t have a wedding website yet and would like help to build a customized one for free? It’s practice for me so you’d be doing me a favor too.

Among other features that most wedding websites have, it will be a great way to gather photos from loved ones of the wedding couple as well as photos of the wedding day itself.

The topic ‘2016 Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors