(Closed) 2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2663 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
CatyLady:  To try to say something nice to my husband everyday specific to him (where possible). His love language is words of affirmation which is at the bottom of my list so I need to remember to say the stuff I think! I’ve been trying it for weeks now and it is working so I need to keep it up.

Post # 4
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I don’t normally do new years resolutions because I just know I won’t stick to them but I have one for this year which is to loose 7lbs for my wedding next year! As I have an important reason to be loosing it I’m more likely to stick to it! 

Post # 6
543 posts
Busy bee

Mine is to cut out unnecessary spending and unnecessary travel. I spend way too much on little cheap things here and there, it adds up. Also I live in a very rural area so I often use a day off to commute into the city and do the grocery shopping, so I really want to manage my time better and do the shopping after work while I’m already in the city, and eliminate one days trip altogether. 

Post # 7
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

The only thing I want to do is eat more vegetables. That is my hardest thing to do!

Post # 8
23592 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
MrsSaltWaterTaffy:  Eating more vegetables is the hardest thing EVER! I don’t have a very large veggie repertoire myself. ๐Ÿ˜›  DH and I are both like this, so we joke that we have a few years before we’re going to have to show the little one that veggies are yummy, haha!

View original reply
CatyLady:  I’m with you – I think mine may be related to running/jogging as well.  I have about 10 lbs of baby weight to lose!

Post # 9
Bee
11808 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

View original reply
CatyLady:  Great thread! I have a lot and most are working on my emotional health—meditating, less multitasking, less time on my phone. I also want to get a skin cancer screening and take Spanish lessons from my son’s school to help him with his Spanish.

Post # 10
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I prefer to call them “goals” because I feel like “New Year’s Resolutions” have a self-fulfilling prophecy style bad rep for never happening in my world. But goals, goals I can do.

Mine for 2016 are to read at least 18 books, to deadlift 200% body weight, to finally get unassisted pull-ups, and some yet to be finalized savings/spending goals. To implement weekly meal planning and get organized around the house. Probably another personal development goal unrelated to fitness, too, but I need to think about it more.

Post # 11
3444 posts
Sugar bee

I plan to stop drinking Diet Coke. I’ve tried to give it up before but lived alone so I was not accountable to anyone. Now that I’m married, I won’t want to get caught cheating.

Post # 12
Bee
11808 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
MrsSaltWaterTaffy:  Yep, that’s a tough one! My unsolicited tip is to try to always have a salad made (if you have a salad spinner or crisper) and just eat a side salad with every meal that you can. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
Bee
11808 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
SLOBee:  Good one! I used to drink Diet Coke, a lot of it. If you can make it past a certain point it stops tasting good, so there is hope! At least was my experience. I replaced my DCs with sparkling water and I don’t miss it at all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
Bee
11808 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Oh one more general thing. The last couple of years I’ve done new year’s resolutions with my BFF, and this year she said she is going to write down all of her accomplishments from 2015 before she creates her new goals. I thought that was a great idea!

Post # 15
171 posts
Blushing bee

Clean up my finacial planning and get stuff done. I have been horrible on following through on getting life insurance and maxing out retirement savings plus more. I really need to get everything in order, written down and filed. 

The topic ‘2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors