(Closed) 2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
2870 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I have a bunch, but I like to shoot for the stars in January 🙂

1. Be more positive

2. Continue our Christmas tradition of buying gifts for Christmas Anonymous all year.

3. Pay off (or get close to it) my wedding credit card.

4. Get my credit score up around 50 points

5. Save XX amount of money in my savings account

6. Complete around 10 running races.

7. Get back to the weight i enjoy (drop about 20-25 pounds)

Post # 17
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
wonderlily:  Good ones! 

View original reply
CatyLady:  Mine are to get back on the fitness bandwagon. I’m a complete fitness junkie, but the last 6 months (what with the wedding, honeymoon, and a lot of upheaval in my personal/family life) I’ve only been working out once or twice a week. The wedding is over, the personal stuff has worked itself out, and I need to get back into good habits – working out 5 days a week. Oh and not eating so much junk food (another bad habit that’s totally out of character, which I slipped into these past few months)! Lastly, I want to learn more about female sexuality and work on making my sex life (and my husband’s sex life) the best that it can be. 

Post # 18
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
mrsfiddlesticks:  Great resolutions! What is Christmas Anonymous?

Post # 19
2168 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception/The Gallery

I’m actually pretty good at New Year’s resolutions and this year they’re mostly wedding-related, so it gives that extra incentive.

• More regular workout routine, including joining new gym and getting back into yoga. Gotta make that dress look good.
  • Eating out less. Both Fiance and I are SO bad about this. It’s easy when there’s so much good food nearby (or deliverable).
  • Being better with keeping in touch with friends and family who are all spread out. I may even bring back some snail mail (in addition to the invitations and such).
Post # 20
3089 posts
Sugar bee

Have a certain amount of savings.

Pay off half my car

Put on 10 pounds.

Post # 22
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Firstly I just hope to make it through my February wedding alive! haha

If I survive that I want to be better about cooking at home so that I won’t be tempted to eat out for lunch. 

I also want to relax about the future. Fiance and I are having a rough time financially and still working in different cities. The constant worrying that things will never get better really eats away at us, I need to learn meditation or some other technique that cultivates a peaceful and positive mindset.

Post # 25
3089 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
CatyLady:  Unfortunately yes….lots of heavy weight lifting and lots of food…ughh…the lots of food is the hard part!

Post # 26
9381 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

not to let my sink get gunky with toothpaste. 

if i spit a glob comes out, rinse it instead of letting it harden.

i’m so bad at this and have to scrub hard when i clean.

Post # 27
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Let’s see I have a few lol. Putting myself first, Sticking to my goal of working out and ultimately loosing 20 lbs by August, completely my Ph.D. 

Post # 28
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Doing exercise again!! I haven’t done anything in over 6 months… :/ Hopefully the end of my masters will help with more free time!! 

Also, planning this wedding to the best of my abilities! There’s only 7 months left omg.

Post # 29
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

My biggest goal will be to lose the last 10-15 lbs. I lost 25 lbs. this past year, and I’ve definitely hit a plateau. 

I also want to create more balance in my life… work staying at work, home life at home, etc. And figuring out mine and my fiances future! (Oh the military and how slowly they work.)

Post # 30
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

View original reply
CatyLady:  Thank you for the words of encouragement! I’m sure you’re right 🙂

The topic ‘2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors