(Closed) 2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 31
4243 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I have a few goals, mostly achieving a work/life balance and a few financial goals:

1. Pay off my husband’s car and at least half of my student loans (hopefully more!)

2. Read at least 12 books for fun.

3. Spend more time with friends.  Happy hours, coffee dates, etc.

4. Be more efficient with getting my work done in a timely manner.

5. Try to keep up with the PAPER CLUTTER that invades both my house and my desk at work.

Post # 32
1273 posts
Bumble bee

I want to lose 10kg by April – (1 year WeightWatchers anniversary). That mostly involves tracking what I eat on the app as well as swim and gym.

I have a £4k credit card to pay off. I need to reduce it under £2k before May so I can do a balance transfer, then pay off the remainder interest free.

Once the card is paid off I then want to focus on savings. I want to aim for £2.5k this year.

Post # 33
1358 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

-Complete at least 2 rounds of whole30 (trying for 3)

-Floss way more

-Brush my dog’s teeth more

-Gym minimum 4 times a week (I already do this but want to keep it up)

-Not let my emotions get in the way of my goals (being in a bad mood and skipping the gym to eat chocolate lmao)

-Be able to do unassited pull-ups as well

Post # 34
4241 posts
Honey bee

I want to follow through with my blog/Etsy store and a few creative projects I have. I need to start working on  those instead of wasting my time surfing the net.

I always get this creative surge this time of year- I just checked my blog and sure enough, last time I worked on it was exactly one year and on day ago. 

Post # 35
136 posts
Blushing bee

Mine are common but w/e:

1. Stick to a workout routine and not fall into my cycle of going hard for a few weeks, taking a break for a few weeks, repeat ( I’m running a marathon in spring, so training for that might help a lot)

2. Grow my hair out. The short hair look is driving me mad. It grows unbearably slow, but diet and exercise and managing stress make a difference, so this goal encompasses practically everything I want to achieve.

Post # 36
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I want to be in the best shape of my life by July 1st. I’ve only managed v to b do that only once in my entire life. I’m 33. :'(

I also want to stop swearing. I don’t do it much but it’s been hard when you’re working with @$$holes! (Oops!)

Post # 37
2597 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
SLOBee:  WHUT… give.. up.. the holy water? Girl, you’re savage. 

Post # 38
3444 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Peaceoutboyscout:  I know.  I drank more over Christmas than I have in months just because I know I’m going to quit.  

Post # 39
4066 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
CatyLady:  mine is to not sweat the small stuff. Easier said than done. 

Post # 40
543 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ljm308:  I love the 12 books resolution!  I have so many books waiting for me to read them.

Post # 41
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Sand Key Park- Clearwater Beach Elopement

I have two resolutions. The first is to learn to love myself unconditionally. I’m in recovery from an eating disorder, so obviously this is a big one. The other is more “typical”. I’d like to quit smoking before our wedding in October, as we would like to start TTC soon after the wedding.

Post # 42
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Laurel Hall

I’m hoping to:

1. Manage my money better (I’ve pinned a Bunch Of Dave Ramsey stuff!)

2. Eat better (More Veggies!)

3. Tone up arms/back for October 2016 wedding (and legs/abs for honeymoon 😊)

4. Wash my face every night (I have a bad habit of forgetting)

Post # 43
257 posts
Helper bee

My new years resolution is to be the best wife possible. I never want to take him for granted. I have only been married 3 months and there has been many ups and downs. I will put in extra effort to make sure we are always up together! 

We got off to a rocky start after my mom died and I really want her to be proud of us for having such a loving and respectful marriage. 

Post # 44
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

1. Do well in grad school.

2. Start a family!

3. Run/exercise daily

Post # 45
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

1-Quit smoking

2- Lose 20 lbs 

3- Save for a house down payment. 

2016 is all about moving forward and bettering myself. Luckily I’ve got the fiancé on board so we can support each other 🙂

The topic ‘2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors