(Closed) 2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 46
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I don’t really make resolutions as such but I would like 2016 to be about being a bit healthier and making better choices with food. I’m not unhealthy now but I would like to reduce sugar/carbs and eat more veggies and proteins. I also feel like I need a job/career change, but not sure if it will be next year… 

Post # 47
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Oh my gosh, I don’t have resolutions, but I do have a ton of major GOALS:

1. Graduate with my master’s degree.

2.  Make it through wedding planning and the actual wedding without having a nervous breakdown.

3.  Find a job after I graduate.

4. Move with FH to a nice townhouse.

5. Get a hold of my anxiety.

Post # 48
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
CatyLady:  This year, I’m trying to have a plan instead of a resolution.  I feel I might stick to it if I break it down 🙂

1. Save up to complete move with Fiance to suburb closer to our work places

2. Quit smoking (this one crops up every year though :()

3. Join a gym and start going!  (this one is to be a distraction from the smoking)

Post # 49
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

1. Develop a healthier lifestyle. This includes eating healthy and working out daily, as well as trying to improve my mental state and think more positively. 

2. Lose weight (hopefully around 65-75 lbs). 

3. Become more neat and organized. 

4. Stop biting my fingernails (this one goes on the list every year, but I feel like this is really the year!

5. Get my finances in order, pay old debts. 

6. Read more.

So many amazing things have happened this year, and next year I’m working on myself! To make myself better and happier, and become the person I want to be. My fiance and I are working on making ourselves better not just for us, but for our future children, so we can be in a good place to set good examples when they come to this world. I feel like this is going to be an awesome year! Goodbye 2015, hello 2016!! 

Post # 51
1808 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh wow…I have more than I thought I would! 1) stop frivolous spending so we can buy that new house we want (a/k/a SAVE MORE!!), 2) have better communication when Darling Husband and I disagree, 3) be more organized (I have let my filing cabinet and the basement go for a while now), 4) write that book I promised myself (and others) I would, 5) get in the best shape of my life–I’ve seen my family impacted by too many health issues this past year and it has scared me into action.

Post # 54
1455 posts
Bumble bee

I need to drink more water, and I’m gonna try to do yoga 3 times a week because I’m super bad about stretching before/after workouts 

Post # 55
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
CatyLady:  I hope so! My Ph.D is in public policy! 

Post # 56
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I want to tone up (I want to do this in general, but the wedding is a good excuse!) and lose a small amount of weight (like 3-5lbs).  I also want to eat better, and be able to do splits again!

Post # 57
168 posts
Blushing bee

I just want to keep on keeping on. I feel like this year has been a great stepping stone to next year. I kept my job AND just got promoted, finally found a medication that works for me, and bought a car (first car payment, eek!). I also got a 4.0 this past semester. So I guess my resolutions would be:

Not to pick up smoking again (6 days since the last one! One day at a time).

To complete and stick with my budget.

Get at least a 3.5 next semester, which was my goal for the fall and I did it! 

Get accepted into the OTA program and kill it!

Continue being happy with SO and have great communication.

Get a hold of my anxiety now that my depression is under control.

Post # 58
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
CatyLady:  thank you aha.. yah it wasn’t easy, but nothing is impossible!! that’s my life motto I guess… let’s motivate ourselves for exercise!! I think I’ll start by going to the gym to run at least.. 

Post # 59
940 posts
Busy bee

I just want to be a better mom and wife. I want to admit my flaws and be willing to fix them to better my children’s lives.

Post # 60
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

To have more balance and routine in my life. I have ADHD and I have been having a very hard time staying focused on anything the last 6 months to the point I can’t seem to finish anything. I’m trying hard not to have to go on medications! In the past I have handled it well but lately I just can’t seem to function!

Balance includes a lot of things though obviously – eat more balanced, excercise regularly, make sure I finish my work to completion (I get really stuck on details), balance costs, etc. 

Another thing is that I want to eat more whole foods, the past year or so has been tough with that and I think it might be part of the reason I have been foggy! 

These are all lifestyle things, but I believe balance is a necessary part of life that I sometimes lose track of. 

The topic ‘2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors