(Closed) 2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 61
1319 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
ajillity81:  Hahahah best one here

Post # 62
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Granberry Hills

I also prefer to make goals instead of resolutions. My goals for 2016 are:

Faith-based: to read the Bible in one year (using a Bible in one year plan), find a wonderful church home, and continue living a life focused on Christ.

Fitness goals: lose 10 pounds before my wedding and keep it off, establish and keep a regular workout schedule, and learn how to swim (my gym is offering adult swim classes!)

Miscellaneous: get back into couponing and start meal planning.

Post # 63
1319 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

As PPs said, these are more so goals than resolutions…..my list is still a work in progress, but here goes! 

1. Have a successful first year of business as a freelance graphic designer and get into a good working-from-home schedule that keeps me energized/inspired/productive.

2. Start freelance writing as well and get some editorial space in magazines. This is the main reason I quit my 9-5 job and my long-term career goal, so I want to get on it!!

3. Read 40 books. I hit 32 this year, so I’m not too far off.

4. Spend more quality time with my Darling Husband that does not involve us both sitting at our computers binging on YouTube or computer games LOL.

5. Go hiking/get solid outdoor exercise at least once a month.

6. Exercise and getting fit in general. My mom recently told me that I’ve “put on a few pounds” so that’s a little wake up call hahaha. She’s totally right, so Darling Husband and I are starting kickboxing classes next week (and not your typical YMCA cardio kickboxing – like actual martial arts kickboxing – pray for us haha)

7. Reconnect with my spiritual path. Meditate regularly. All that jazz.

8. Start thinking about my long term career (and my DH’s too). Do I want to do grad school? Am I happy in this new direction I’ve taken? Does Darling Husband want to move to a new department at his company? Or move to a new company in another part of the state?

9. Better savings goals. We are in a solid financial position right now and have no debt, but we’re starting the house-buying talk and I want to feel more comfortable about what we’re putting away each month for future expenses, traveling, general fun together, etc.

10. Get a handle on all the STUFF in our apartment. Update my scrapbooks so we don’t have all my loose papers floating around….donate stuff….be smarter about our buying habits….etc.

Love this thread! Hope I can get Darling Husband to make some 2016 goals as well!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  MKWeddingBee.
Post # 64
1651 posts
Bumble bee

I’ll be happy to get out of holiday season because I’ve been eating really badly, but still have been hitting the gym everyday so

eat better and cleaner

keep up gym routine

less w/e alcohol intake

continue to keep up with my dogs training

and be more positive

Post # 65
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
CatyLady:  My resolution: to let things roll off my back and not take anyting too personally.  Life is meant for enjoyment! 

Post # 66
3323 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
CatyLady:  sell all my rings to get a mossy solitaire and get fit/slim

Post # 67
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2005 - Grand Ole Opry

I haven’t had a resolution in a looooooooong time. So I decided to go all in for the new year – Vision board, Meditation mantra, & Personal trainer. I hope to be a healthier, kinder human being in 2016 who gives more than she takes! <3

Post # 70
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
CatyLady:  Thanks for your very kind words! 🙂 I feel like it’s going to be a great year! 

Post # 71
4229 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

Normally I do really deep and abstract resolutons. This year I am cut and dry. ONE: I just bought a condo, and I want to have it fully redecorated by the end of 2016. TWO: Pay off the rest of my student debt.

Post # 72
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

My resolution for 2016 is to lead a healthier lifestyle.  In 2015 I packed on a little too much weight because I wasn’t eating right and working out as much as I could, so this year I’m looking to really cut back on the number of times I eat out and the amount of sugar that I consume (soft drinks are my kryptonite, but this year I want to really cut back and hopefully I’ll even be able to eliminate them altogether).  I also want to start taking longer and more frequent walks with my dog, and I’m hoping that by creating a more rigid cleaning regimen for our home that I might be able to burn more calories around the house, too.  It’s a tall order, but I have already started to get the ball rolling and like the outcome so far.

Post # 73
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

My goals for 2016:

1. Maintain my grades, with an average of A 

2. Get back into a habit of doing weekly exercise, without feeling like I need to do too much. Start slow to be able to maintain the habit.

3. Save another 2K for the wedding in August

4. Less stress!

Happy new year bees!

Post # 74
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - White Oak Plantation

I don’t usually have one but this year it’s to be ON TIME. I’m late for everything. I want to start getting to work early so I can leave earlier.

Post # 75
4587 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

1. Get 10,000 steps on my Fitbit at least 5 times/week,

2. Stick to our budget. (This is less of a resolution and more of a mandate. I’m pretty budget-aware, but Darling Husband is starting grad school, so this is really important now.)

The topic ‘2016 New Years Resolutions ~ What's on your list? Share 'em here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors