473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

robbinsa :  Are you 08/11/17 too?? I think were date twins! 🙂 

Post # 32
596 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

4.5 months to go here. All is good. Just finishing up some of the little DIY jobs 🙂

Post # 33
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I have six months to go and am realizing now why brides turn into bridezillas. There are SO many details and things to consider, and it is SO stressful and hard when you have a full time career and no one helping you with planning and booking. My groom checked out of wedding planning long ago, and always goes to the ole “See, this is why we should just elope” any time I have anything negative to say about wedding planning so I just keep my mouth shut now. I feel very alone in it. The only “help” I have gotten is one bridesmaid not liking the dress I picked and so I changed it to where they could choose any style they wanted in the color I picked in order to accomodate her (I only have two bridesmaids). I have had two florists back out because apparently my floral needs are not pricey enough for them. So still looking for florist.

Post # 34
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

20 days to go eeeeeekkkk!!!

Pick up my wedding dress this weekend. I think that’s when I will hit panic mode. 

Post # 35
1537 posts
Bumble bee

7 months to go and just starting to get stressed! I made a list of everything I still have to do, and with working full time and doing my masters it seems impossible to do the rest! So excited for May, when my day of coordinator will take over! (She takes over 3 months in advance thank god!).

i just keep taking deep breaths and telling myself everything will be fine. We’ve been engaged since November 2015 so it hasn’t felt real until now, but now that the date reads 2017 I’m starting to realize how close we actually are!

Post # 36
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

145 days to go for us. Torn between excited and panicked. As ours is destination and through a hotel, its mostly a case of just picking things from the options offered. But we already have more people that we had planned on, I’m a bit worried about the fallout of not inviting one of my parents (I dont really want them there and they know nothing about our plans) and half-siblings.I’m only having my mum there and one of my closest friends. Waiting to hear if we get the photographer we want. One more payment to go on dress then alterations.

Post # 37
74 posts
Worker bee

212 days, everything is going good so far BUT we can’t find a commissioner. Everyone so far I have emailed is booked for that day, and I have emailed everyone in the area.  Hopefully we find one soon. 

Post # 38
490 posts
Helper bee

8/19/17 here and I am doing great, but I have a partial wedding planner that we hired 2 weeks after our engagement so she is doing a lot and I have an involved Fiance so that helps.  Still need to get a couple big things, caterer, rentals, etc.  But I am pretty easy going so I am sure it will get done.  I have my dress, belt, shoes, undergarments, earrings, all that is left for my “look” is my veil (ordering on Friday), bracelet, clutch, hair accessory and a couple other accessories (all of which I have picked out, just waiting for coupons and spreading the purchases out).  I am just so happy its 2017 now!

Post # 39
147 posts
Blushing bee

9/3/17 bride here! I feel like I’m missing things! Venue booked- included everything including a coordinator. We’re also doing our ceremony there so that’s helpful. Photographer booked, DJ booked, cakes included in venue. I have my dress I have to take it about two months in for final alterations. Girls have their dresses. I have the hair and makeup artist booked.. I actually go for my first trial on 1/26/17! That’s our tasting night so I figured I would have my hair done and have some where to go. We began to register for gifts last week. Save the dates went out last week, a tad early but it’s a holiday weekend and we wanted to give people ample time for vacation planning. Next up is to find and book a florist. 

Post # 40
1208 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

We know we are getting married this year but no date set 😂🙈 Looking at a venue tomorrow that I REALLY hope is the one so maybe we pick a date then too?!?  I have my first dress shopping appointment Friday bc my Mom will be in town.  Mainly just going bc she will be here and to get an idea of what I’m looking for.  

Post # 41
2357 posts
Buzzing bee

I got my reception bill today. 50% up by the 24th this month. Its way more than I thought it was going to be…um, I think we maybe scaling back on the guest list. It was 125, but now I’m thinking to chip away to it and get it to 100.

other than that doing well. Going bridesmaide shopping this week. Thank god…we are also going suit shopping and start the registery. 

Post # 42
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

8/5/17 bride reporting in, with 206 days to go and just now starting to feel the pressure. Since ours is an international destination type wedding (and no kids, on top of that), we hadn’t really expected many people to be attending – but luckily (?), more than we expected DO want to see and support us. I’m very glad now that we budgeted for 80 – 100 rather than 60, but it does mean some tweaks to our ceremony plan/layout etc., and it does change the feel of the wedding from “intimate” to more of a large party. We’re reordering some of our stationary (I’m picky – and this is the downside to having a 26 month engagement: rethinking!), finalizing song selection, purchasing champagne. . .and we need to find a bartender, and get a liquor license!

Post # 43
1597 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

5th April 2017 bride here and relaxed! Eloping has been so stress free. Fiance is nervous about his travel vaccinations next week though!

Post # 44
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

tillymac :  I’m getting married the same day! We just sent out the invites Monday since the majority of guests would be coming from out of town. That made it seem so real! Ack!

Post # 45
42 posts
Newbee

Pretty much everything is done for me beause I started the planing long time ago! Can’t wait to walk down the aisle!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors