2018/2019- Show off your plain and simple dresses

posted 3 months ago in Dress
Post # 2
46 posts
Newbee

I love simple dresses too! My design style is defintely more modern, elegant and minimalist, which is what draws me to dresses like these. I love the classic elegant look with a more modern silhouette. The Stella York dress you are going to try on is to die for! 

My dress is also Stella York (6742). Honestly, it looks blah on the hanger, but once it was on, I fell completely in love! It’s made with dove satin fabic that is so soft and comfortable. It looks so expensive but was one of the least expensive dresses Stella has to offer. Here are a few photos of my dress!

20180909_08031620180909_0806432347131

Post # 4
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I saw this on solobridals Facebook page. You can email them at [email protected]. They custom make wedding dresses and they cost around £200

Post # 5
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I already got married but had a simple Stella York which I just liked at first and ended up loving 

Post # 6
46 posts
Newbee

ninjabunny :  I hear you! I walked in wanting an illusion neckline dress with a lace back, but every single one I tried on were itchy, hot and uncomfortable.  My dress came in last week and I am so excited to pick up and get started on alterations!

My venue is a renovated mansion set on a private golf course and has a modern elegant vibe, but  dresses like these are absolutely versatile and would complement any wedding style. I think saw from previous thread that your venue is rustic (I voted for dress 2, the simple dress lol). shanmia  shows you that simple dresses also work well in more rustic type venues. Her dress is gorgeous! 

Post # 7
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I had a crepe Essence of Australia dress with a beaded belt. I knew I wanted a simple dress, and this one spoke to me!

Post # 8
1761 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

ninjabunny :  I love a simple wedding dress. I think your Stella York choice is lovely. 

I went with an older model silk gown which I updated with a bit of lace. 

28-12-2018Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-28 um 16.55.41

Post # 9
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Fireman’s Pavillion

Not the dress I chose but is one I felt beautiful in (excuse the black bra) my actual dress is a simple silhouette, but the fabric is a print.

Post # 10
211 posts
Helper bee

I had Calla Blanche Paulette gown, simple and elegant, loved it! 

Post # 12
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Fireman’s Pavillion

ninjabunny :  this is the dress I chose. It’s a simple silhouette, but not a simple pattern. That’s why I didn’t post it originally. Not sure if it really qualifies as plain and simple. The color/print is a lot richer in person.

Post # 13
754 posts
Busy bee

My mum is in the process of making mine..🤞

But this is pretty much the inspiration..

Post # 15
659 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

My very simple dress, no idea which brand or designer. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors