(Closed) 2018 Brides!!

posted 5 years ago in Engagement
Post # 16
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

We have a venue booked for June 2018. Our venue already had a booking for 2019! So, no regrets on pulling the trigger there. But, if it makes you feel less crazy, we are not “officially” engaged yet either. He has the ring and is planning the official proposal, but all of our close friends and family already know that we are planning to get engaged soon, and some know about the venue. Frankly, we don’t need the proposal to be engaged, I think having a wedding date and a promise to marry is engaged enough. The way I see it is that the proposal is the romantic official “kick off” to the celebrations. That is when I can finally be outwardly wedding crazy, haha. Unfortunately, I think it may be a while for me too. While he has the ring, I think he’s waiting a few months for our vacation to propose.

Post # 17
1768 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
cjm18 : If you have agreed to get married and even booked a venue then you’re already engaged, so congrats!!

Ours is in January 2018. We live 6 hours away from the city we’re getting married in so the earlier we started planning, the better. We have to schedule in trips for appointments so we started planning almost right away.

When we first got engaged the wedding was 2.5 years away which sounded so far away at the time but a year in and I’m slowly starting to freak out lol.

Post # 18
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’m October 2018! I’ve actually been engaged for 6 years almost. We were planning a 2012 wedding but decided to put it off for financial reasons. I actually already have my dress from planning then. Thankfully it’s still “in style”. In 2014 I got pregnant after dealing with infertility for a while so that delayed it more. Now our son is 17 months old and we’re wanting to get pregnant with number 2 in 4-5 months hopefully. So this gives us time to have a baby and to lose some weight before the wedding. We’re doing things backwards but oh well. We’re looking at some venues this week. I’m going to be trying to get as much done as I can before the end of next year when we have a baby. 2 kids instead of 1 will slow me down a lot since I’m mostly DIYing everything.

Post # 19
549 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
cjm18 :  It is hard and the funny part? By the time we were official I had nothing to do….I still don’t. Sept 2018 and I am doing a Destination Wedding and I still have to wait for the dates to be released for our cruise. LOL

Post # 20
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Totally know how you feel! I’ve been engaged almost a year now, so far all we have done is paid the deposit and I made the save the date design. I go through spurts of planning and getting ideas but I’m trying to keep occupied with other things so I don’t go Pinterest crazy. No point in me doing any DIY either because I know I’ll change my mind. Early 2017 we are attending a few more wedding shows, I’ll dress shop again and the hardcore planning will start in the spring. 

Post # 22
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

April 2018 here…trust me, it’s not too early to book anything.  Your vendors book anywhere from 6 months to 3 years in advance…so book’em now and try to negotiate some discounts.

Go to bridal shows to scout out some vendors like djs, photogs, etc…I scored my dj/photographer at a bridal show and received $500 off their dj package, then they gave me a ‘neighbor’ discount because they realized I live across the street from their office…so that was an additional $300 off.

Venues, especially the real nice ones, book out very fast and early –  years in advance.  I know you might frown at booking this kind of expense so early because they say deposit is non-refundable but often they will refund the deposit if you need them too if you have to cancel a year or longer out from your date…they know they’ll re-coup the money anyway.

I’ve already go 90% of my wedding planned, booked, diy’ed and paid for and I’m doing this so that I don’t have to be one of those crazy last minute brides the week before running trying to wrap things up. It will all be done and ready to go.

So plan now and worry less later.  Make lists.  Check them off frequently. Save, save, save.

I can’t eblieve that I only have 540 days to go…and to think it feels like I just go engaged last christmas….

Post # 23
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
cjm18 :  First of all, congratulations! Fiance and I are planning for April 2018. He bought my engagement ring in February 2016, and we started making plans. He didn’t actually propose until earlier this month. It was frustrating knowing it was going to happen but not quite able to move forward with the wedding planning. I think having a definite date and venue booked might help, but I’m sure it will still be tough. What helped me was just going ahead and planning. It’s kind of nice because you can really start with a huge range of options and then narrow it down to realistic plans. Actually, I’m really glad I did so much research and planning before our engagement. Now I’m ready to actually put the planning process into action. We are having our wedding back home, which means we are planning it from another state. Trying to start from scratch at this point would have really limited our options.

Post # 25
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

May 2018 here!!! I completely understand what you mean by not being able to plan anything and just wanting to plan everything. Fiancé and I fell in love with the venue and immediately knew we wanted it and spring sounded like it’d be so beautiful. 

The topic ‘2018 Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors