2018/2019 Brides?

posted 2 years ago in African-American
Post # 2
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2019

Hiiii! I’m another black bride! I’m getting married this coming January. Only five months out yet. I’m getting down to the nitty part and trying to select colours and decor. Your theme sounds lovely, I’m going for the same look but I can’t pick a colour scheme lol.

I’m toughing it out in a giant ballgown but I absolutely love my dress!

Post # 4
11 posts
Newbee

Venue is booked thank god! I have changed my mind so many times. Right now I’m thinking black with cream, green and gold. That will change I’m sure…lol

What silhouettes were you looking into for dresses?

Post # 6
11 posts
Newbee

View original reply
lalaluxe :  I can’t wait to see what you pick! 

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - W-Loft

View original reply
LaBeezy19 :  Hiiiii !!

Black bride here (waving hand).. getting married June 2019 in Brooklyn, NY. We booked all of our vendors, just making payments.. 9 months to go.. so excited 

Post # 9
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

LaBeezy19 :  another black bride here! Hello justshay ,  hello gsfuturewifey!

I am getting married *gulp* next week. 

We are doing an international elopement (though to be fair, we already live in germany so it isn’t really far) We are marrying in Denmark in the oldest town in Scandanavia and in the old courthouse. We are celebrating (just us two) at a gorgeous old farm which has been turned into a mindfulness retreat. (it will be very very calm, so yay for that)  We have a sort of romantic/antique shabby thing going and everything is turning out kind of blush and navy, though I didn’t really plan it. Just going with the flow 🙂 

Wishing everyone happy planning!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Hi everyone!  My fiance and I will be keeping it small and simple.  We’re actually having a civil ceremony at the courthouse, and will then have dinner with about 30-50 family and friends at a brazillian steakhouse.  The dinner will be on May 4th 2019, and the ceremony will be at some point the week prior (haven’t picked which day yet).  We’re so excited, and can’t wait to celebrate with our loved ones.

Post # 11
107 posts
Blushing bee

Congratulations ladies! Another Black bride here! Officially got engaged this past September and getting married in 2019. I recently received my wedding gown and fiance and I will be looking at venues next week. Wedding planning so far has been a beautiful twisted journey lol. Currently trying to cut our guest list down from 200 to 100 (I know, I know). Wish us luck!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

ME! We are getting married June 2019 in Dallas, TX. So far we’ve gotten our venue and catering set and we just took our engagement pics on Sunday! We plan to have about 100 guests for a rooftop ceremony and plated dinner reception. So far wedding planning emotions have had me excited, stressed , frustrated, ready to elope and now back to excited. lol 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors