2019 bees?

posted 2 years ago in August 2019
Post # 32
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

happybridetobe1988 :  Ivory lace sheath, with spaghetti straps and off the shoulder sleeves 🙂 Fell in love, and just had to have it! Next job is photographer.

Post # 33
960 posts
Busy bee

happybridetobe1988 :  gotta keep track of who you’re inviting! So exciting! Hows your website going?

Post # 34
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2019

May 2019…. And after reading the post, I feel like i am so behind. lol. I have not booked or done anything. I am going to the Bridal Expo with 2 of my bridesmaids this weekend to get some ideas.. To be honest.. I haven’t been all that excited about planning since I was confronted by a friend of mine because I did not pick her to be a bridemaids. So that’s been rough because we have mutual friends and two of them are my bridemaids. I’m hoping that I can put this behind me and get excited about MY wedding…. lol

Post # 35
960 posts
Busy bee

ty20chelle :  you have plenty of time! It’s just that we’re moving from the city we are getting married in to another continent so we need to sort out most things before the move. And i have to sort out my new job and visas. Just ignore your friend. She’d have to get over it or you’ll know she’s not actually a proper friend. X

Post # 36
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

ty20chelle :  Sorry you’re in that situation! That really sucks. I’m sure it will all smooth over and you’ll be excited about planning soon!

At the moment, I’m obsessed with looking at dresses, even though I won’t be going shopping until this summer because I know that I’m indecisive and would regret it if I went earlier than that! 

Question for you guys: if you’re thinking of hiring a day of coordinator, when do you think is the appropriate time to book them? It seems like something that would be strange to book too early, but is also important.

Post # 37
1766 posts
Buzzing bee

ty20chelle :  You’ve got lots of time I’m just a super type A organizer.

Post # 38
5 posts
Newbee

DaniGirl03 :  I thought I was overdoing it for an August 2019 but I want to get the big stuff out of the way. I don’t even have a ring yet because he hasn’t officially proposed but he gave me the go ahead to get things done. My venue is perfect and the owner gave me a much needed vendor list so I’m going to start that in the summer or a little later. 

Post # 39
1766 posts
Buzzing bee

blackbride19 :  yeah I know, I feel like I’m overdoing it as well. But I also like knowing I have it all sorted and planned, and he’s been in on every decision. I’ll feel less like a crazy person once I have the ring lol.

Post # 40
960 posts
Busy bee

DaniGirl03 :  u both r emotionally engaged. Just without the physical stone+metal leaving an indentation on your ring finger 😘 many of my friends back home were in the same situation as you. Just that they never got an e-ring…

Post # 41
1766 posts
Buzzing bee

KatzeB :  Yeah that’s how I feel about it. My FH feels you’re not engaged until ring on hand, so I refrain from saying we’re engaged. He wants to do the surprise proposal, I argue it’s not a surprise, we’ve planned our lives, but he wants to do it. So we decided a time window and designed my ring etc. I’m the current list keeper, and will be for the next 4-5 months. OI enjoy spending time on the waiting boards there. But I feel like a bit of a crazy person booking stuff without a ring. It’s the first thing everyone asks to see. I went in to talk to a local hat maker about making my fascinator, and she was like oh lets see your ring.  It’s a little frustrating.

Post # 42
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

July 2019, so far we have booked and paid the deposit on our venue (and dj through venue so can check that off) and chosen, but not officially booked our photographer. It’s on my to do list for next pay day! I have also chosen and informally asked my bridal party which includes the flower girl and ring bearer, so excited for the cuteness! I plan on doing a more formal ask with a small gift and handwritten note in the near future.

Currently actively searching for (and stressing over) a caterer. Got one quote that blew me out of the water so am back at square one. Sigh. 

I also have a bazillion pinterest boards for each component of the wedding (dress, hair, flowers, etc) and in doing so have loosely chosen colors/theme, etc. I have lots of ideas but nothing concrete yet in terms of decor. 

Post # 43
210 posts
Helper bee

We just got engaged on Christmas, but have our venue booked for May 2019! The venue includes catering so that’s checked too. We’ve also asked our bridal party and they’ve all accepted. We’re looking at photographers now. 

Post # 44
149 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding is May 2019. We are getting married and having the reception at my aunts house. She is also preparing (and paying for all the food) as well as making us our cupcake cake. My sister gave me her wedding gown from her first wedding 17 years ago and my mom is sprucing it up/altering it. My mom is also paying for all the decorations and (is also making)all the flowers except my boquet.

We will only have to pay for a few big items such as photos.

Post # 45
26 posts
Newbee

August 17, 2019. Have the venue, photographer, dj, and videographer. I feel like now I can relax for a while until I start dress shopping this summer. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors