2019 bees?

posted 5 months ago in August 2019
Post # 61
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Getting married on June 22 2019 ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m picking away at little things and filling up Pinterest, but I’m not doing much otherwise. My focus has been largely on my man and helping him prep to get deployed for 9 months. Good old Army wifestyle. We have settled on a guest list and a budget, but I think we’re early on that just because he’s leaving. 

Post # 62
33 posts
Newbee

June 1, 2019 here! Engaged October 13, 2017… but have venue (country club so food/drinks provided thru them), photographer, DJ and cake booked. Have 2 quotes from florists… just taking it easy for a bit now!

Post # 63
12 posts
Newbee

January 2019 here!

I have the band and the venue booked, as well as photographer and hair/makeup. I’m a wedding photographer lol so it’s very different doing things for my own wedding this time! I haven’t chosen a dress yet. I’m going to do some dress shopping next month with my best friend.

Post # 64
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

MissCtoMrsR :  I am also getting married June 21, 2019 Date twins, yay!

Post # 65
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

May 19, 2019 for me!

Just got engaged on that day this year. โ˜บ๏ธ 

So far have venues set. Hair and nail appointments made. Invites picked out but not ordered. Will be booking event tent/chairs etc in the next few days, and next week I have a consultation with a possible seamstress about having a custom dress (or two.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™ˆ) made. 

Any other May bees??! 

Post # 66
9648 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

We are getting married in April next year. We have booked the church and reception venue but that’s it so far!

ETA: actually we have the photographer too. My aunt (not a professional photographer but takes amazing photos) is doing it for us as our wedding gift.

Post # 67
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I’m August 31, 2019! Woo!!

We have so much family coming from over East to Perth for it – we needed to be prepared well in advance so they had time to plan! So that means we had to secure the venue (a vineyard) so we could secure deals with nearby hotels. We also just paid the deposit on our photographer and videographer (got a 50% off deal at expo), so that’s done too!

Our STD’s went out a few weeks ago as well ๐Ÿ™‚

BUt we’ve put all otehr planning on the backburner for now – we’re buying a hosue in October, so all our cash is going towards that right now. “Biting-off-too-much-than-we-can-chew” is literally my middle name right now.

Any one else getting hitched on the 31st?

Post # 68
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

My wedding is in July, still more than a year away. We’ve secured a couple of things due to the nature of our currency in my country and our culture.

Bought our wedding rings cos the prices were gonna go up in a month.

Paid downpayment for our dinner venue cos our culture usually books at least a year away and we were quite adamant on wanting that date – so we decided to book first.

Not going to bother doing anything else for now. Haha

Post # 69
Hostess
6078 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2019

295 days to go and I am so excited! I don’t really have any more job / planning to do until next year though which is great but kind of sad because I have really enjoyed planning it all so far!

Post # 70
466 posts
Helper bee

October 2019 here! We have booked venue (but probably changing it at the end of the month) sent stds, booked hair/make up artist, photographer, bought dress, shoes, suit, ring, centrepieces and some decor. Designed the invites as well ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Post # 72
9648 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I should get on my dress but I haven’t yet. I am needing (and planning) to lose a fair bit of weight before the wedding, I’m currently 5’3″ and 210lbs, so want to wait until I have lost a fair bit and well on the weight loss track before shopping. I am going to be looking at dresses possibly off the rack or with shorter order times hopefully anyway (below $1,000).

Problem is, from July to October I will be working at least 8 hours a day five days or probably six daysa week so Sunday would be the only time and lots of places I imagine are closed!

Sorry about the rant, I am a little anxious!

Post # 73
Hostess
6078 posts
Bee Keeper

happybridetobe1988 :  I got mine after being engaged 3 weeks lol. So…. 16 months before the wedding. ha ha! 

Post # 74
175 posts
Blushing bee

October/November 2019 here – date isn’t totally set because we haven’t decided on a venue yet and we’re trying to get that set by the end of June. We have our bridal party and colors decided and I work as an illustrator so I’m designing all of my paper stuff (STDs, invitations, thank you notes, etc.) so that’s a work in progress right now. Other things that we’ve already decided on but haven’t scheduled/paid for is my wedding ring and the photographer we like (FI hired him to take proposal/engagement photos as a surprise so we’ve already worked with him once).

Also doing things crazy out of order because the first expense from our wedding budget has been that I bought my dress yesterday (~18 months before the wedding) without intending to lol. I wanted the experience of shopping with my mother before she moves across the country next month so I scheduled to look at some dresses just to browse-not-buy with her, future Mother-In-Law, and one of my bridesmaids who lives nearby. Aaaaaand I ended up falling in love with a dress – it was everything I ever dreamed of and envisioned, so sue me lol!

Post # 75
Hostess
6078 posts
Bee Keeper

LittleRedBug :  Any pictures you care to share? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors