2020 brides?

posted 6 months ago in Engagement
Post # 2
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Clarksville, VA

I’ve been hoping for this kind of thread! I’ve been engaged since last February but we’re getting married May 2nd (hopefully) of 2020. We’re booking our venue later this month, so I’ll kbow the date for sure then!

penguinof3 :  

Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2020 - Ireland

๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผ‍โ™€๏ธ Yup! Just ordered the ring today, hopefully engaged in the next month or 2. Wedding will be most likely September or October 2020, somewhere near his hometown in Ireland. I’ll be on my own for planning for the most part, so I hope he hurries up with the ask so I can get to it! 

penguinof3 :  

Post # 4
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

The ring is on the way, and we’ve discussed our wedding timeline…we’re thinking May or September 2020 (we’re leaning towards Sept. due to the slightly lower risk of rain). How did you guys decide on when to set the date?

Post # 5
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Getting married May 2020 too! We got engaged in June 2018. We booked a lot of things of the big things already: pretty inclusive venue (includes catering,alcohol,planner,some decor,etc) DJ and Photographer.

Post # 6
227 posts
Helper bee

GOD I hope so! But seriously, ring shopping is coming up, proposal by fall, wedding in fall 2020. Hopefully no snags will be hit and everything will happen as planned. Feels nice to finally be able to participate in an upcoming wedding thread!

Post # 7
100 posts
Blushing bee

Yes! We got engaged December 9th 2018 and have set out date as October 10th 2020. We haven’t yet booked a venue (currently researching options) but the ones I’ve spoken to all have that date available so I think we’ll be ok. 

We basically looked at the months with the lowest rainfall here in Australia, and of the Saturdays during those months the one we liked the most was 10/10! 

Very excited but also slightly overwhelmed – so many options, it’s hard to narrow them down. We are also planning our wedding interstate as we moved up north and everyone else is back in NSW, so we can’t just check out a different venue every weekend. 

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2020

Got engaged the day before Thanksgiving and planning on 2020!  We decided to start looking at venues this month as we wanted to get through the holidays.  We aren’t tied to too many specific dates but hoping to get that nailed down soon!

Post # 9
95 posts
Worker bee

I’m 99% sure we’re booking our venue tomorrow for 2/22/2020 ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 10
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2020 - Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin

Yay 2020 brides! We got engaged a month ago today and our wedding will be on June 27, 2020. Congrats everyone, I look forward to planning with all of you!

Post # 11
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

Same date! We got engaged June 2018 and the wedding is 10/10/2020! We booked the venue, photographer, and DJ. theantiquelover :  

Post # 12
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

Yo wat up?

6/6/2020, have venue, food, photographer, and videograher booked. Planning on finizalizing guest list, sending out invites, and buying a dress this year.

Post # 13
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2020 - Germany

We got engaged 21/12/2018 and are planning for December 2020 ๐Ÿ™‚

Penguinof3 : We just started our first look at venues last night and I thought I was being too over-excited and looking too far in advance but it’s nice to know other people have dates/venues in mind not long after getting engaged ๐Ÿ˜€

Coffeebean87 : I’d also been hoping for this type of thread! 

Post # 14
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - City, State

Hello lovely bees.

We got engaged on new years eve and I could not be happier!

We are planning for a 2020 wedding, most likely in the last quater.

We have decided to not actually start any planning for a few months so that we can enjoy and adjust to this new stage in our lives.

Am so excited to be able to take part in these forums now! Felt like I was waiting forever!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and to be sharing this journey with you! 

Post # 15
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Clarksville, VA

We initially set a date in September of this year because I want to get married and our dating anniversary is in September. But I’ve always wanted a spring wedding and I knew this spring would be out of the question due to finances. May is late enough that there’s no chance of snow but early enough for it to not be too hot.

moissamight :  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors