2020 brides?

posted 3 years ago in Engagement
Post # 61
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - City, State

View original reply
FutureMrsA2020 :  I’m waiting till about a year out as I put on a lot of weight in the last year and I want to get back to my usual size. 

Post # 62
1606 posts
Bumble bee

FutureMrsA2020 :  I have my dress, it was a sample, it’s almost perfect off the rack so I am sure it’ll be fine for next year. It’s Essence of Australia 

Post # 63
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: London

Has panic set in for anyone else yet? When we got engaged i had 22 months to plan, and spent SO LONG going “we have ages so were going to get ahead” and here i am, 12 months out and im pretty sure im not ahead. 

We have: 
– Venue & Caterers (all inc venue)
– Photographer
– Registrar and legal bits done (UK bride!)
– Dress
– DJ for the evening reception
– Save the dates out

Im actually bricking it now. We arent having a few things like transport and a traditional cake, and were undecided on things like a videographer but i feel like im spiralling and i dont know seeing as in the last 10 months i managed so little, how im going to get so much done in the next 12 (minus like 2 months for Christmas!)

Post # 64
628 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

View original reply
FutureMrsA2020 :  My wedding is May 2020, and I think I will look in July/August.  My friend’s is also in May though and she is looking in June.  I’ve heard you should allow around 8-9 months for them to order the dress and for alterations/fittings.

Post # 65
18 posts
Newbee

Got engaged back in 2014, but had to break up the engagement because, well, he wasn’t the one. 

Now i got engaged to my wonderful boyfriend on March 15. We are planning to get married in 2020. August 15. 

We are still looking for a venu 🙂 

Post # 68
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - NH Squam Lake Elopement

Not engaged yet but have tentatively settled on 2/22/2020! Seems a little crazy to plan so quickly…

Post # 69
717 posts
Busy bee

We haven’t booked our venue yet- Crossing fingers that our tour on Thursday is as great as it seems!! We’d like to do Haloween 2020! Got engaged on March 22 of this year. 

View original reply
FutureMrsA2020 :  I’m going dress shopping in about a month. I am not the type of person to wait once I’m ready to get going on things. It may be “too early”, but that’s so objective!

Post # 70
4551 posts
Honey bee

We are waiting a couple more months to check out our preferred venue, which is a boat!  

We have done nothing besides come up with that idea, but August 2020 is our tentative timeline, so I think we are fine. And we won’t be doing STDs, I won’t be wearing a traditional dress, very minimal decorations, etc.  

Post # 71
1606 posts
Bumble bee

We are having a lovermoon next week, kind of like a babymoon because we are saving for house hunt post-wedding. Fh has never had a real vacay,  so super excited for him. 

Having engagement photos done while there. Then will send out with STD on our return. So, plugging away. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors