2020 Brides

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
Post # 2
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

Yes!!! I keep checking the monthly category for 2020 to appear so I can connect with other 2020 brides! It’s exciting with the new year that our weddings are now “two years” away!

Have you done any planning yet? Have any ideas?

Post # 4
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

I’m here! Everyone is always surprised to hear our wedding is so far off (2.5yrs of engagement), but it takes time to save for such an event! lol

Post # 6
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2020

rugga19 :  It does! It’s crazy! If it weren’t for my friend offering to make our wedding cake, we would have sheet cakes from a grocery store. I might do fabric flowers for the bouquets, and also will have the cheapest centerpieces I can get/make. 

The things I will spend a lot on are photography/videography (I work in media so I value this a lot), and making sure there’s enough food. Hopefully we can find a place that’s BYOB so we can just pick up some cases from Sam’s Club, otherwise people will have to pay for their own drinks because we cannot afford that! We have a 15k budget for 100ish guests, so it will be interesting to see how it gets used when we start booking things.

We plan on looking at venues around May and might even book one in June. Thankfully, we have a ton of time! Downside is, it already feels like it’s taking forever to get to our wedding.

Post # 7
70 posts
Worker bee

Me! 

We got engaged in July and have been planning for a March wedding. Where I live engagements of 2 years are fairly common so we have gone ahead and booked our venue. I’m liking being able to save and plan at a relaxed pace 😁

Post # 10
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Me me me!!!!!! May 2020 Wedding – it seems so far away but I’m sure it will come around so quickly!

Congats ladies smile

Post # 11
220 posts
Helper bee

the name says it all.

More than likely, 2020. That’s the timeline. A lot to arrange before that’s a reality though, so wish us luck.

Post # 12
680 posts
Busy bee

I’ve also got comments about it being so far away (you’d think I’m doing it to spite them!) but I find as soon as I bring up cost and saving as a reason for a longer engagement, people shut right up! Haha. Truthfully I also feel 2020 is a wonderful sounding year and will make anniversaries easy to calculate (such as 13 years of marriage, etc.).

Post # 13
680 posts
Busy bee

rugga19 :  Nothing set in stone yet except for a date! I’ve reached out to a couple venues to get quotes, but most won’t give me a locked in number until they come up with their 2020 pricing. Sigh.

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee

Leap Day, 2020 for us! I’m so excited to see some other gals waiting for their day! I think 2020 has such a great ring to it, there are TONS of great dates that year. It will be well worth the long wait!

Post # 15
680 posts
Busy bee

winter2020 :  Oooh, we’re date twins!!! 🙂 I love it!

I’m checking out a few venues venues next weekend! Most things I’m waiting to do (dress, decorations, etc) but I’m all about saving money and a few venues have said if I book soon, they’ll give me their 2018 pricing. How is everyone else doing?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors