2020 Brides

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
Post # 46
63 posts
Worker bee

15 March 2020 here! We met on 13 March and our dating anniversary is 27 March so our wedding will be two weeks before our 4th dating anniversary. I keep thinking how we only have one more dating anniversary left

We have planned loads. We have our venue, officiant, photographer, cake, entertainment and I have just got my bridesmaid dresses. I had no intention of getting them so early, but my bridesmaids are my sisters and while out shopping they tried some sale dresses on just for fun, and we all fell in love! Hugely discounted too which is helpful! 

Everyone seems to panic when I tell them, because I haven’t got my own dress yet. But I can’t imagine there is a lot they will clash with to be honest. And if they do, I just plan to be not too precious about everything being perfect! 

Post # 47
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

hanlaw :  woo! Us too! Such a great date!!

Post # 48
880 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

Not officially engaged but my so loves the idea of getting married in the year 2020. We have only been together a year and a half so that definitely gives us some more time. We are both in our 30’s and are ready to settle down. I’m thinking about getting married in Oct or Nov not 100% on the date just yet. We are going to have a very small like under 15 wedding and a big party later for all family and friends. 

Post # 49
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Hopetoun House

woofwoof1017 :  I know! i’m not going to lie i was persistant in having that date, my partner thought i was mad 😂

Post # 50
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

500 days to go for me!!! Not that im desperately counting down or anything haha. In April 5th 2020, and we only have one more dating anniversary too, i hadnt even thought of that! 

I do wish it was sooner but were paying for it all so needs must! 

Post # 51
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

hanlaw :  Uhm, absolutely. We’re still not engaged (ring’s in the apartment, I’m still waiting), but we had our date and the venue booked over two years in advance! Absolutely necessary. Such an epic anniversary. 

Post # 52
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020

Havent checked this thread in a while and am so excited that there’s a few May 2020 lovelies in here!! We’re officially at the “Next Year” mark now!! Yay!

Post # 53
8 posts
Newbee

April 18, 2020 over here! 

Post # 54
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Oak Brook, IL

10/10/2020 here. We aren’t “officially” engaged, but will be in the next 6-9 months or so when he gets my dream ring. We decided to book our venue ahead of time since spaces were filling up quick for that date. So it’s hush hush for now. 🙂

Post # 55
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

storms :  I wanted that date since it had such a great ring to it, but we ended up going with 9-19-2020 because the weather will be  warmer in our area/it’s too close to my grandma’s birthday. We ended up booking immediately after we got engaged for the same reason… I think this is going to be a pretty competitive season for vendors! I’m already looking at photographers. 

Post # 56
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2020 - City, State

6/20/2020! 

Post # 57
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

We need 2020 boards! I am unofficially May 2020 – checked with my VIPs and the date works, and have the venue contract to review. Just need to sign! It feels very far away to me but most venues barely even had spring 2020 dates (and virtually no fall 2019, which is what I wanted). May is lovely though.

Post # 58
798 posts
Busy bee

I am here! We had to wait until his new contract came through.  We finally  chose our date. June 20, 2020.

Which is nice. His mom’s birthday was the 20th, they were very close and she has passed away. So the 20s honor her.

We picked our venue, same  for both ceremony and dinner , I pay the deposit this week. Same with officiant and photog.  

I had a dress I got a great deal on 95% off. But, now we are not getting married in a church, so… hmm. Need a different option. 

Got my first batch of  save the dates printed in both French and English, we will send them out  to guests who would need travel… in a few months. 

Post # 60
798 posts
Busy bee

Oh and our venue was already half booked, and our photographer was booking up too. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors