2020 Strict Moissanite Thread: mm/Dew, cut/shape, ring size

posted 5 months ago in Rings
Post # 16
124 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
baileybagels :  I initially wanted a cushion with a diamond pave. But then we went and looked and just fell in love with the simple solitaire look! 

Post # 17
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - Dracut, Massachusetts

– mm/DEW: 1.35 CT equiv.

– shape/cut: Cushion

– color grade: F-G

– ring size: 6.5

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Kobelli, and yes my Fiance had nothing but great service and experience with them! Lifetime warranty that covers, lost, stolen, stones falling out, etc.

Post # 18
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

I’m loving everyone’s rings. I’d happily wear any one of them!!!

Post # 19
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

I sold this, so I no longer have it, but I have to post just because it was so gorgeous. August Vintage Antique Cushion Cut. I cannot reccommend Jonathan more!! If you are looking for something very diamond like, this is it! 

August Vintage ACC, 8mm, 2.25 carat equivalent, Size 4.25, near colorless G/H

And just for fun here it is with my diamond (diamond on middle finger before the setting was done, moissanite on ring finger)

Post # 20
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
baileybagels :  thanks, I think it’s the perfect size for me & sparkles like crazy. I love the rainbows it throws.

Post # 22
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

View original reply
baileybagels :  I had a custom setting by David Klass. Its a vintage inspired setting, I took a vintage ring as the base and then used a Leon Mege basket. OMG, he is AMAZING! I am SO IN LOVE with it! He really nailed it!! I really have to do a post/review on it.

Here are a couple more of the diamond and moissy together. I have to be honest, I wore them together for a week in all types of lighting. I had a one week return on the diamond and i wanted to make sure it was worth the money to change it. I really couldnt see a difference between them most times, my diamond rainbow flashed the same as the moissy. Thats the thing most people say about the moissy is the rainbows, but my diamond rainbows like crazy. The only big difference was when there is the ‘grey’ in the depth, the diamond is a deeper ‘grey’. On occasion the moissy looked like plastic, but it was rare and you can see it in a few pics here.

I decided to keep the diamond because I was having a “mind clean” issue with the moissy, and I just wanted a diamond (damn the brainwashing!) but all the people who think its soooo obvious that it’s moissy, I don’t feel it is with the August Vintage moissy.

This pic (below) is the “plastic” and not deep grey I was trying to describe, this pic shows that I think

The pic I originally posted was in my room at night with lights, this is basically the exact same pic but in natural light

Post # 24
84 posts
Worker bee

mm/DEW: 9x6mm/1.5 DEW

shape/cut: Pear cut

color grade: ghi (near colourless)

ring size: UK N (US 6.75)

vendor: The stone is a Charles and Colvard Forever One. We bought the stone loose from MoissaniteCo. We had to email to request the purchase, as they only had colourless pears available loose on their website. They forgot to send the C&C warranty card, but they sent it after we emailed them. It didn’t take long for the stone to arrive despite the international shipping. I did not get the ring made with them as I wanted it to be done with a local jeweller in case of issues, and due to the less than stellar reviews they have of their customer service.

Post # 26
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

View original reply
futuremrs01 :  I visibly gasped when I saw your ring!! Took my breath away. Love it on you, so classy

Post # 27
1273 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

We got it in April of last year at mossanite&Co which we had a good experience with overall.

– face up pic (bonus for side profile)

– mm/DEW: 7mm/1.25 ct 

– shape/cut: Round

– color grade: F1

– ring size: 6.75

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Moissanite & Co 

Post # 28
84 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
baileybagels :  Thank you! I love a pear bezel too (obviously).

My moissy is super sparkly and gorgeous. It has a mix of white and pastel flashes, and I haven’t seen it look dull in any lighting yet (I only recieved it 2 days ago).

Lots of people say they aren’t a fan of the chunky facets of the C&C pears, but they don’t look particularly chunky in real life. It looks like an antique cut, which I do prefer. 

My fiance purchased the stone, so I’m not 100% sure of the exact cost. I believe it was around $650 from MoissaniteCo. If we got it from Charles & Colvard, it would have been $850. I believe moissanite tends to be around $600 per carat, so we got it for a decent price.

Post # 30
1273 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

View original reply
baileybagels :  Thank you, yes I love the rainbow of colors it gives off, love how it throws rainbows but not all the time it’s only in certain lights. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors