2020 Strict Moissanite Thread: mm/Dew, cut/shape, ring size

posted 3 months ago in Rings
Post # 47
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2000 - City, State

My ring is a three stone ring with a trellis setting, size 5. The main stone is a 6.5mm D color moissanite, the sidestones are 4mm sapphires. The ring was made by Tianyu Gems and I would definitely recommend them.

Post # 50
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
cc33ammy :  

Mine is a d-e-f full white round cut moissy. Its trellis setting in yellow gold. Centre stone is 7mm sides are 4mm…I think? Its equivalent 1.5ct. Its prob tiny on the bee but I’m from New Zealand where the average is prob .50 tcw. And prob max $1000 USD. Mine is from an etsy seller that was lovely to deal with but now has a store and no longer on etsy 

Post # 51
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

This is my new ring! SOL404 from MoissaniteCo (also, they recently uploaded a video to their instagram of my ring!) 

1.25 DEW/ 7mm OEC, I think it’s a classic

Size 5.75

I’m incredibly happy with it! The stone is absolutely beautiful, and I really love this setting. I got it custom with claw prongs, and it was no issue. This is my second MoissaniteCo ring and I’ve been really happy with both experiences.

Post # 52
805 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

View original reply
lucialucentum :  Wow that OEC is perfect. It’s the prettiest one I’ve seen. 

Here are some of mine. Some have sold & some I have!

MY OG Engagement Ring:

IMG_20181218_184207_638IMG_20181114_112431_247

– mm/DEW: 10.5x9mm / 4.5ct DEW

– shape/cut: Elongated Cushion / Old Mine Cut

– color grade: DEF

– ring size: US4

– vendor (would you reccommend?): The True Gem. I think the quality of work is impeccable. I did have to send my ring back multiple times because the stone came loose. We purchased in 2017 and I’m sure they’re a little more polished by now. I also got them to replace the stone because I’m a perfectionist and the cut was slightly crooked. I have a brand new ring from the first one we purchased. But they wanted to fix it and did so willingly!

A CvB Inspired Ring after the Dahlia:

20190808_083719

20190808_083732

– mm/DEW: 8.5mm / ~2.5ct DEW ??

– shape/cut: Round / OEC

– ring size: US4

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Provence Gems from Alibaba – ehhh… stones came loose / sent back to be repaired / came back loose / light weight gold.  Fun for silly projects but not for daily wear.

My Wedding Band 1

20190427_080409

20190501_164559

– mm/DEW: 3mm Cushions Cuts / ??

– shape/cut: Cushion / supposed to be OMC cut, but pretty splintery 

– ring size: 4

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Provence again. I didn’t have any loose stones in this band, and do intend to wear it as a daily wear once I’m married. 

Wedding Band 2

20190808_173556

bagband42

– mm/DEW: 2mm / ??

– shape/cut: Baguetts & round alternating

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Provence again. I love this ring. It’s dainty and simple. I got it as a 3/4 eternity. It has held up over me wearing it here and there for fun.

3 Stone OEC

20200219_085648

ring5

– mm/DEW:7.5mm & 6mm side stones / 3ct Total DEW

– shape/cut: Round / OEC

– ring size: 4.25

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Provence again. I sent this one back to be corrected and have had to have the stone tightened here in US. I stopped ordering after this piece because I was frustrated. I mean it’s beautiful but I just got salty about the process & situation mostly. lol 

COMING SOON!!! My FUN E-Ring Project

Not made yet – but here is a video link to the stone & my CAD

https://imgur.com/a/znuupGi

IMG-20200320-WA0003

– mm/DEW: 12×9.5mm / ~6-6.5ct DEW I think?

– shape/cut: Radiant / Crushed Ice

– color grade: IJK – which I’m actually stoked about. I think it will have more depth.

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Tianyu. So far they’ve been way better to work with than Provence was. I went through Ella from her Instagram page. She sent me videos of the stone when I asked what they had in crushed ice radiant around 11×9 and this was the stone I fell in love with. Very affordable – the cost of the stone went down about $300+ because of the color grade not being DEF. She sent me a CAD like the first day after I paid. Super fast. I’m stoked about this one and will add a photo when she comes in. Hopefully in about 2 weeks or so.

Post # 54
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
goodnightsf :  thank you so much (this is my new account, I locked myself out of the other 🤦🏾‍♀️)

Post # 55
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
goodnightsf :  thank you so much (this is my new account, I locked myself out of the other)

Post # 57
805 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

View original reply
stevensgirl :  They listed mine on their site after it was made. All my pieces were custom ones I had inspiration pics sent to my contact there to make.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors