2020 Strict Moissanite Thread: mm/Dew, cut/shape, ring size

posted 5 months ago in Rings
Post # 61
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2019 - County Courthouse

View original reply
cc33ammy :  I have a white moissanite from DovEggs that I got while waiting for this ring and I do think it’s beautiful, but something about the darker colored stone just is more visually interesting to me. I have a lab blue sapphire that I wore for a while as well, while choosing my permanent ring. I guess I just like the darker colors. 

The gray gives off a lot of fire. One of the things I love about it is the rainbow flashes 

Post # 62
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

View original reply
cc33ammy :  Thank you, it does give off amazing sparkles especially at Home Depot and Walmart. Lol

Post # 63
21 posts
Newbee

View original reply
betterwithyou28 :Hi did you ask for a custom cut or you just ordered what is listed on the AV website for the emerald cut? I love his emerald cuts but am unsure the size and dimensions to get. I know I dont want anything over 1.5 ct. Yours is lovely!

Post # 64
37 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Angel Norton :  thank you! All of his cuts are custom I believe, but I did choose one of the options that was listed on the website at the time. He’s changed the proportions since then I think, because I don’t see my exact size listed, and the current proportions are a little more elongated whereas mine is more chunky.  They will cut anything you want, Jonathan is great, just ask him. 

Post # 67
69 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
bpositive :  That moissy is beautiful but I have to say I LOVE the setting on your diamond ring. So unique and it lets the stone shine.

Post # 68
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2020

My moissy is a Harro Brilliant Cut, 9.5 x 6.5 oval. The ring is a size 6.75.

My fiance and I went to NYC to see a Harro in person first to make sure we liked the stone- it is clear, super sparkly, and colorless. It might “behave” differently from a diamond, but I honestly don’t care- people are wowed by it. I went back and forth over whether to go with the Brilliant, Diamond Cut or Crushed Ice, and decided that I really didn’t mind the pie-line cut of the Brilliant cut as long as I got maximum sparkle. All of my close friends and family know it’s a moissy. 

We purchased the stone directly from Harro and had a local jeweler build the ring. The setting is just what I wanted, a super slim yellow gold band and white gold tiffany prongs- my fiance did all of the designing with the jeweler and he got it exactly right. 

I have been a long time lurker on these Moissy boards but never posted- the moissanite information and images on these boards really helped me and my fiance choose the stone for my ring. I hope this info and these pictures can help others too. Cheers!

Post # 69
69 posts
Worker bee

– mm/DEW: 8.2mm/2 carats

– shape/cut: round brilliant

– color grade: D

– ring size: 3.5

– vendor: GEM DE LUXE- They have a wonderful warranty policy and stand behind their products. Beautiful, high quality moissies for only a fraction of the price. This one was purchased for under $200 and sparkles beautifully. I’ve had it for almost six months now and no issues.

Post # 71
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2020

View original reply
cc33ammy :  Thank you!!

Post # 72
43 posts
Newbee

My rings just arrived this morning so I’ll play!

– mm/DEW: 6.5mm (1ct equivalent)

– shape/cut: Round Brilliant H&A (excellent)

– color grade: DEF

– ring size: K1/2 (so 5.5 US)

– vendor (would you reccommend?): Cullen Moissanite. Yes I would definitely recommend!

Post # 73
77 posts
Worker bee

Sorry for the pic overload!! Just really excited because my engagement ring came in yesterday and now I’m having to wait for my boyfriend to propose!

– mm/DEW: 10×8mm/3 carats 

– shape/cut: elongated cushion cut 

– color grade: not sure, listing on Etsy just said colorless 

Metal: 14k yellow gold 

(seller forgot to add the milgrain here ☹the setting that had the milgrain on it (prongs/stone not set in fully yet) 

– ring size: 4 

– vendor (would you reccommend?): LoveRingsDesign on Etsy! I would recommend because it is very affordable, so affordable that I bought just the setting and a loose stone from a different vendor on Etsy, in case the original gets lost or damaged throughout the years, or if I need to fix the original, then I will be able to have the exact same ring to replace it/wear when it’s getting repaired or cleaned!

( boyfriend spent $960, but got it reduced to $864 retroactively because the seller was having a sale a few days after my boyfriend purchased it. I contacted the seller and they gave us the discount later in the week! They responded pretty quick but I noticed that they did forget to add the milgrain on the ring my boyfriend purchased. I’m not sure yet if I will ask them to add it on, since it was supposed to be included. They didn’t forget it on the extra setting that I purchased however! It’s a bummer, because other than that mess up on my real engagement ring, the whole process was perfect. For just the setting by itself that I purchased, I spent like $300ish. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors