2021 Brides! What all have you done?

posted 2 weeks ago in September 2021
Post # 2
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2021

June 2021! We booked at an all-inclusive place, so the venue, photography, catering, music, florist and HMU are basically booked. Although we will need to pick specific professionals from the venue’s list of people later. 

Wedding website is about 70% drafted, most of it is hidden for now. 

Save the dates were just sent out. I know it’s super early but it’s a destination wedding and we want to give people time to plan. I know what invitations I want to use so those are drafted as well, although they won’t be bought or sent out for quite a while, obviously. 

Wedding party members are picked out as well. 

That’s about it! I plan to start dress shopping around June, if I keep my patience, and buy dresses for my bridesmaids by January 2021. 

Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2021

I got engaged 12/21/19 and We haven’t set an official date yet, but am hoping for September 2021. I will be finished with school that May and he will be done harvesting in August. It’s winter where we are so it’s hard to look at places. We do know we want rustic, country, something outdoors! 

Post # 4
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2021

Oh We are Sep 7th 2021 in Ibiza!

We’ve narrowed it down to 2 venues which are both available on that date, we’ll probably book within the next couple of weeks.

We’ve already done an extremely detailed budget with different scenarios (we’re having our wedding within a villa, so we have different options for caterers, drinks, entertainment etc) but the priority is to book the venue first and engage the potential vendors when we go to Ibiza in July. We have an events professional friend based there who knows the venues and is likely to be our co-ordinator, but we will be very much involved in planning.

I have my dress appointment booked for the 4th of August in the UK, it’s one of the only boutiques to carry Rue De Seine which is so far my favoirite brand…I think i will find my dress there and then if I am being quite optimistic! 

Fiance is being super hands on and is ultimately way more on top of it with input than I am in all honesty, he has a background in event planning. We have already decided our themes which will be a Miami cool, Neon set up during the day, transforming into a 90s rave vibe in the evening!

A lot to work through, despite Fiance and I being super organized people, it does seem overwhelming…even this early on!

Post # 5
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2021 - City, State

I am April 2021! 

Let’s see, I selected a wedding planner, I booked my venue (both ceremony and reception), bought my dress, have crocheted 9 doilies for my centerpieces (still more to go!) and what I am currently doing is trying to find a caterer with my planner and have my bridesmaids vote on their dresses.

I like how everything is coming together.

Post # 6
681 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - Dracut, Massachusetts

I am January 16, 2021!

We’ve booked our venue and I bought my dress. It was a sample so my mom is just paying it off now. Already have the shoes. We’re all doing chucks in different colors. Mine is sparkly gold. Our wedding party has all been asked. Even the kids(our friends)! 🙂 My friend is a Justice of the Peace so she will be marrying us.

Next we are looking for a photographer for our engagement photos. I think we are using the same one as Future Sister-In-Law. Hopefully she will just do both of them. I saw her work with Future Sister-In-Law & Future Brother-In-Law and I like their photos a lot.

I know we are not doing a cake, we’re doing donuts. I’ll probably e-mail the bakery when it’s about 6-8 months out. They are a small shop, but not super busy.

Don’t plan on using flower centerpieces and I heard stop and shop has amazing florists haha. I think I’ll just use them for the wedding party stuff. The center pieces I already have an idea what I want and I just have to buy all the stuff on Amazon to make myself once we get like a head count.

Post # 7
301 posts
Helper bee

May 2021 here! 

So far we’ve booked our venue which includes food and drink. We’ve started looking for photographers now. I am so excited that it’s next year and honestly don’t know how I am going to wait! 

Post # 8
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - City, State

Everything bar my hair is booked. I am cheating a bit though as we changed our date because my fiancé’s mum took quite unwell and we’ve delayed the date to make sure she felt more herself 

Post # 9
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2021

Slacker here! We’ve decided to marry in 2021! That’s about it so far. 😂😓

Post # 10
175 posts
Blushing bee

I feel so behind after reading these answers! We got engaged December 18, 2019 and would like to get married in June 2021 in boulder, Colorado. Since we are out of state we haven’t done much so far… we’ve booked a trip out there over Valentine’s Day weekend and we’ll have 3 venue walkthroughs while we’re there. I have save the dates drafted to be sent out after we pick a venue and date, and our wedding website is almost done except for registry items. We’re in the process of communicating that we’re not doing a bridal party, and I know I’ll be buying my dress in May because that’s the only time my mom, stepmom, sister and nana we’ll all be in one place before the wedding. I have an idea of what I want, just haven’t hired people to make it happen yet

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - Florida

In January 9, 2021!

So far we have booked our venue, our photographer, and our officiant. We are booking the honeymoon tonight. We are researching caterers and trying to figure that out. I made our wedding website and ordered the Save the Dates. We ordered the groomsmen and bridesmaids proposal cards and will be sending those out this weekend. We picked out our color scheme and a general idea of centerpieces.

I go dress shopping on Feb 22 with my mom and future Mother-In-Law. It’s really coming together!

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2021

We are getting married April 2021! So far we have venue tours scheduled for February, and my Maid/Matron of Honor is throwing us an engagement party in March! I plan to get my dress in April. 

Post # 13
98 posts
Worker bee

muppetbaby :  same girl same. I haven’t even picked a month. Or country.

Post # 14
120 posts
Blushing bee

March 2021 here! So far we have booked the venue which includes food, drinks and a cake. I’ve met with a couple of florists but haven’t booked one yet. I need to look up one of those wedding planning timelines so I know what I need to have done and by when!

Post # 15
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2021

coffeeeee :  We vaguely have a time of year that still encompasses three different seasons. We don’t know which state yet. LOL

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors