2021 Wedding: Prepaying COVID-Impacted Vendors?

posted 3 days ago in Money
Post # 2
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

I think it’s a very sweet sentiment, but the biggest issue I see is that if they do go under, you would lose even more of your money possibly than just the deposit. I don’t think just you paying in full would be the make or break of someone being able to stay in business if things go south for them. It’s a tough time and it’s nice that you’re looking out for them, but personally I wouldn’t, especially this far out.

Post # 3
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2021

We are not locking anything down or paying anything yet until this starts to wind down. I’d be terrified that even after I paid, many businesses would go out of business and I wouldn’t get my money back. Vendors will be out potentially for months and months. That’s not a couple thousand dollars lost, that is hundreds of thousands of dollars, and likely more. Unless you personally want to jump in and rescue one of those businesses with your personal fortune, there is nothing we can really do. 

Post # 4
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2021 - Chicago, IL

We booked our venue in February– and nothing else yet. We’re going to look at photographers and DJs, but we’re not going to contact anyone until this blows over. Our venue can do catering, floral, and cake for us so we’re not too concerned about those details. Our wedding is scheduled for April 2021.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors