2022 brides: when to take engagement photos?

posted 1 year ago in Engagement
Post # 2
9436 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

Get them done whenever you want. If you want to use them for save the dates or invites just make sure you’ve given yourself enough time to get them back for that.

Post # 3
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2021

Whenever you like! Maybe base it off the location you want…like if you want a park, maybe wait until spring when flowers are blooming and all that. 

Post # 4
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2022

Engagement photos are engagement announcements. So even if your wedding is so far. That’s entirely a separate announcement to make. So, just like everyone else said… whenever you’d like!

congratulations by the way!!

Post # 5
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2022 - Belleville, PA

Thank you so much for asking this! We settled on October 15, 2022. Gives us plenty of time to plan, plenty of time for the world to hopefully get back to normal, and to save for what we really want! I was wondering the same thing. My family thought this year would be too early, which is fine, I am halfway to my weightloss goal, and that gives me the time I need to safely get to my goal. I think I want it to be fall for the pictures, since out wedding will be in the fall. 

Post # 6
3484 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I would personally get them done sooner rather than later. We had a 1.5 year engagement and considered getting photos at the 1 year mark, but by then it felt like very old news and we didn’t really see the point. 

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@mrsg20:  I think you should take your engagement photos so that you can recieve them and send out your save the dates six months before your wedding! That way ppl have time to save up, book flight, make arrangements so they can be there–especially with everything going on rn. Just my personal thoughts,haha. 

Post # 9
1520 posts
Bumble bee

A lot of photographers will bundle a free engagement session in with their wedding packages. Maybe when you secure your photographer?

Post # 10
6309 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would hold off until you’ve secured a date/venue and photographer. While typically the point of engagement photos is to announce an engagement, many couples want to use them for save-the-dates. More importantly (in my opinion) is that most photographers include engagement photos in their packages as a way to get to know the couple prior to the wedding day so I would hold off until you’ve settled on a date and booked a photographer. 

Post # 11
4789 posts
Honey bee

I would also hold off until you select your wedding photographer. Establishing that rapport leads to better wedding photos.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors