(Closed) 20w4d Pregnant, with 142/93 B.P.- Very bad sign?

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Evie19:  I had gestational hypertension. I monitored my Bridal Party twice daily, and if it was ever over 140/90 I was to call my OB. If it was over 160/110, I was to go to the hospital immediately. I did develop pre-e, but I made it to 39 weeks. They put me on bedrest and I was told to watch what I ate and relax. I would definitely call your doctor! I hope all is well.

Post # 4
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Evie19:  I had a scheduled cesarean. My body/baby reacted really strongly to stress (so the bedrest and healthy eating helped me tremendously!) so my doctor’s didn’t believe we would tolerate labor, especially an induced labor, very well.

Post # 6
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I had high Bridal Party for majority of my pregnancy (1st and 3rd tris), which were in the 130 or 140s / 80 or 90s. While they weren’t high enough for them to be sending me into the hospital, I did have one reading at 7 months that was 160/100 so they sent me to the hospital and they put me on meds for the rest of the pregnancy. At 38 weeks my Bridal Party was high again, I think 150s over 90s, so they sent me in to be checked and possibly induced. All the labs showed pre-e at that point (a week earlier they didn’t), so they induced me. I had a vaginal delivery, but was put on magnesium to keep the Bridal Party down and reduce other issues, so I was then on bed rest. I could have done it naturally like planned, but I wanted to use the tub and other natural ways, but couldn’t so I got an epi. I was in labor for 20 hours (start time of induction to birth) and pushed 15 minutes. (My birth story is in the link that’s in my profile if you’re interested in reading about it.)

Definitely talk to your doctor!

Post # 8
2716 posts
Sugar bee

Evie19:  I don’t eat the healthiest, but I’m not one to really add salt onto my food. I do get stressed easily, but I was pretty relaxed during the end of my pregnancy as I didn’t work the last 2 months.

Post # 10
2716 posts
Sugar bee

Evie19:  Don’t stress too much about it. As long as your doctor is monitoring it, you should be fine. They tend to be most concerned at the end of the pregnancy.

Post # 11
7430 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

You definitely need to call your doctor. My doctors were concerned about pre-e when my Bridal Party was about what yours is. They sent me to the hospital to be induced, but I was 39 weeks already and they suspected a leak in my waters. I’m sure they’ll want to monitor you.

The topic ‘20w4d Pregnant, with 142/93 B.P.- Very bad sign?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors