(Closed) 21 and under?

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 47
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m a youngin! 🙂 I’ll be 20 next year when we get married. He’ll be 24. 

Honestly, we have not heard any negative comments about our recent engagement, or our plans to get married next year. I am currently in nursing school, and I will be finished next May. So I will be a RN by the time we get married. He has a drafting degree and a pretty awesome job that he loves to go along with it. We’ve been together for 3 years, but I have known him since I was 10. We grew up going to church camp together. We were friends for years before we ever considered (or were allowed, ha!) to date. We now go to church together. We were both raised in very loving homes. Both sets of parents showed us awesome examples of how a loving, healthy marriage should be. So even though we are young, we’re definitely not going into this blindly.

Post # 48
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@Roux Seriously, so funny! ( :

@Toffee I totally agree, travelling is a pretty lame excuse for not getting married. I also have travelled lots and so it doesn’t make sense when people tell me I should enjoy the world first. Besides, why wouldn’t I want to experience travelling the world with my husband?

Plus, I wouldn’t be able afford all of these trips that the “nay-sayers” keep talking about anyways. We’re full-time students, all our money goes to academic type activities haha

Post # 49
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Im 18 and will still be 18 when we get married but only for another 21 days lol, FIs 24. My aunts all just looked at me (one by one in the same night) and said “oh you’re engaged?… Arent you a little young???… Dont you want to go to school???” UMMMMMM last time i checked, i can be married AND go to school, heck i could even eventually have a career at the same time as being married! 

Post # 50
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I was 18 and he was 19 when we got engaged. We are 19/20 now and will be married in 2.5 months. His entire family were thrilled and although i had some nay-sayer aunts/uncles most of my famliy, including my parents, were really happy for us. He is a farmer who works nonstop and I’m going to college so time together will be our only issue, which my parents remind me of nearly everyday, but we know what we are doing and we don’t have any doubts so that is all that matters.

Post # 51
1456 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I’m 20 now and SO turns 20 in a few weeks, and we plan on being engaged by 22, before school ends.  We’re going to go to grad school together, or at least in the same city, then get married after!

Post # 52
1268 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

So I am 21 and will still be 21 when I get married. And let me tell you, I can’t tell you HOW MUCH CRITICISM I have gotten! Mostly from people my own age. They can’t believe that I am making this step so early in life and with so little drinking and partying experience.

My fiance is 27 and totally ready to get married.

I feel NO qualms about getting married young. 🙂

Post # 53
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m 21, he’s 24.  I graduated from college early, but my friends did not and my wedding is the weekend after their graduation!  This makes for some difficult planning… my bridesmaids are too busy to think about the wedding.

Post # 54
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I got engaged about a month before my 21st birthday, but I was about to start my last semester of college.  (When we met, he was a fifth-year senior and I was a freshman and we had a class together)

We’ll be getting married in *19* days and I’ll be 22 & he’ll be 26.

Post # 55
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I got engaged at 17 and got married six weeks later. I will be married for 5 years in September and it has been rough but I believe if you are meant to be you can make it through. I have had a lot of people say stuff about my marriage but you know what….it’s my marriage and we are happy and working through it. I just tell people that I started young so that I could enjoy every minute of my life together. I would rather spend my life with him and now my two children than by myself just because people think I am making a mistake. I hope all goes well, enjoy eachother and don’t let anyone tear you apart.

Post # 56
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m 21 and will be 22 at the wedidng but my fiance is 39 so that added a lot of drama.  It’s in one ear and out the other, you know when its right in your heart. 

Post # 57
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We were 20 when we got engaged, I’m 21 now, he’s 22. I’ll turn 22 2 months after the wedding.

Post # 58
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I was 23 when we got engaged (barely 23), and will be almost 25 by the time we marry. I got the same ‘you’re too young’ silliness – what, would it help if we waited another 10 years? Would 35 be more appropriate? Nah. You and Fiance know when the time is right – ignore everybody else (oh and ignore those who want to tell you all of their divorce stories too – they are just bitter). Enjoy it, be happy!

Age has nothing to do with it – people just LOVE to give their thoughts/opinions even when they aren’t wanted or solicited.

Bella 🙂

Post # 59
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I turned 20 today. I’ll be 21 when I am married in July of 2012, and turn 22 that October. Fiance will be just turned 25. :]

We’re not having kids until he is 30 and I am 27 so I don’t think it is a big deal to be getting married ” so young “.

Post # 60
365 posts
Helper bee

“travel the world” pffft.  I can tell you from experience that I wish I had travelled the world with someone I could sit and reminisce with for the rest of my life.  I did the “travel the world”.  Alone.  All I have is my own memories and nobody to share them with.

Post # 61
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Im 21 my partner is 26.His family were really happy and very supportive, whereas mine werent quite as enthusiastic. The great thing is, I went on a lot of dates before I met my fella and all my parents said was “why dont you settle down with someone” and now were engaged theyre freaking out that its too soon and Im too young. Dont get me wrong, my parents are supportive, but I think it really truly shocked them when we announced our engagement (which kind of hurt me, “yes somebody really does want me for life!”lol)But really, we dont get that many comments from strangers,mostly its just sort of funny looks off people.It really doesnt bother me,me fella and I love each other and thats all that matters to us, x

The topic ‘21 and under?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors