(Closed) 21 and under?

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 92
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Update: I just got engaged!! No one in my family has said anything about me being too young; it was more of a “FINALLY!” moment, haha.

I know my mom is concerned that I will make the same mistakes she did, but we’re very different people. She dropped out of high school and got married because she was pregnant with me… I made Dean’s List in college with plans to study abroad in the next year, and I’m engaged because I want to be with him for the rest of my life.

I know she’s nervous and wants the best for me, but she also trusts me to make good decisions, so I think it will all work out.

Post # 93
2088 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Miss Fish: oh my god congrats!! πŸ˜€

Post # 94
326 posts
Helper bee

I thought that I was going to be in this category, my ex proposed when we were 17, I wanted to wait. WE broke up at 19 after 3 years together. He hadn;t done with growing up and ggrew away from me. It’s always so bitter sweet to read about young brides because on one hand I’m jealous but also worried that things will turn out the same for them. I wish you all the best  and that you grow together and not apart

Post # 95
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Great post!

Post # 96
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hellloo!! Im 20 and my Fiance is 22. He is finished with school, and has started his career, I will graduate in May and start looking to do the same. Life is really so short to wait until your a couple years older, expecially when you know its what you want!

Post # 97
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We got engaged at 20, and will be 22 when we get married. Neither one of us are in school, he works full time, and I work full time and part time at a second job. So right now we have a year and a half to save save save!!!

Post # 98
64 posts
Worker bee

Mine asked me if I would marry him when we graduate and gave me a promise ring on my 16th birthday. I’m almost 17 and now have a simi-engagement ring (we call it our ‘prelude ring’) Because everyone has expected it of us since we were little, no one is all that surprised. In fact, we didn’t have to tell anyone because they were asking when we were going to ‘get on with it’ when I was 14 and he was 15! πŸ™‚ I guess being in a serious relationship for a very long time and living in a small town where everyone knows everyone helps. πŸ™‚

Post # 99
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i am 20, will be married when im 21, almost 22 πŸ™‚

Post # 101
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

im 19 will be 19 when getting married my fiance is 23 he will be also 23. I cant wait im so excited. my thoughts on this are:

If you love eachother with all your heart and know your gonna be together forever why wait another 3,4,5 years? its nice to get married young you get to enjoy all lifes blessings together πŸ™‚ I cant wait.

there has been a few naysayers but sure I’m not marrying them so does it matter?Not at all…Just ignore them… πŸ˜‰ its your day, your future , your choices πŸ˜‰

Good luck with everything πŸ™‚

Post # 102
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I was engaged at seventeen, and getting married in two weeks πŸ™‚ I’ll be nineteen in a few months.

Post # 103
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Engaged and married at 18. :).

Post # 104
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

heres a record for this post. engaged at 17 and will be married september 10th this year. i will be 20 in july of this year. and no im not pregnant! like most assume. we just want to spend out lives together and think why wait? will it make a difference if we are 30 and get married? we will still be doing the same things. we have a house and jobs etc and we have strong values. i want to start a family early as does he and it doesnt feel right being not married if we want kids early etc. x

Post # 105
841 posts
Busy bee

I will be 22 and my soon-to-be DH, will be 26. As for the nay-sayers (mostly bitter divorcees <not sure on the spelling… and jealous ex-friends), I tell them it’s my business so *blows raspberry*. :). I am beyond explaining myself in a sweet voice as if I care what their opinions are. >.<

Post # 106
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My fiance, who is 19, proposed to my on my 20th birthday, and we plan to be married in 2013, when we will both be 22. Our families are both supporting of our relationship (we’ve been together for almost 4 years now) but urge us to wait, though they know we’ll get married when the time (and money) is best for us.

All in all we’re supported in our engagement.

The topic ‘21 and under?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors