(Closed) 21 and under?

posted 11 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 107
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I got engaged when I was 20 and am finally getting married this summer!!  We are both 23 now. 

Like someone else said, if you know then you know.  Why miss out on spending even more of your life with your true love?  You just need to be a 100% sure that excitment, rather than a readiness for a lifetime of committment, is what made you say “yes”.

Post # 108
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2021

I’m soo glad I’m not the youngest! We got engaged when I was(am) 17. He was 21. But I feel like I need to elaborate and defend myself because I know most of you will shake your head in disappointment. I dated a 22 year old at early 16. I’ve never acted my age. I joined a professional Drum and Bugle corps at 15. And graduated high school, moved in with my now Fiance, and started college at 16. So I know I’m young, but we’re in love. We know this is right. And as for the naysayers, I put them in their place EARLY ON. In NC at 16 it’s legal to date whomever you please without your parents “interference” and a lot of people thought they knew the law but didn’t. So, I clearly and forcefully stated the truth and told them that if they had a problem with it they could just stay out of our business. And it worked. (:

Post # 109
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

i got engaged at 19 and ill still be 19 when we get married. ( a few months before i turn 20) Fiance is 22 but everyone i talk to thinks we are so much older. i think it all depends on how mature you are. and everyone in my family says they can see that we are happy together and we are truely in love. i think some people my age get engaged to have a wedding but dont think of the years after. im not only excited about my wedding im excited about my life with my Fiance.

Post # 110
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m turning 21 on Wednesday, got engaged 1 month ago when I was 20 & will be 21 when we are married on November 5, 2011! My fiance is 21 now and will be 22. We got a TON of concerns from family about us finishing school since we are both students, but that is our biggest priority aside from our marriage. Other than that, everyone has been incredibly supportive.

I will say, though, we are no longer speaking to his stepmother.  She kicked out my fiance after he told her. His dad is a pushover & just goes along with the stepmom to avoid conflict.  She doesn’t agree with our “order” of things & thinks that we are doing things backwards. But we really don’t care what she thinks!

Post # 111
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m 20, and will be a couple months shy of 21 at the wedding. My fiance will be 21. People have been rude, but I just don’t care anymore. When we got engaged, the first reaction of some people was “You aren’t pregnant are you?”. Good thing it was over the phone or I would have given out a few black eyes. lol

Post # 112
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

i’m 19, will be 20 at the wedding. he is 22, and will be 23. i’ve actually been surprised at how happy my family is about it. i thought i’d get some comment from my mum about being too young.

Post # 113
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I was 21 and my hubs was 19 when we got married, I wouldn’t change it!

Post # 114
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am 20 and will turn 21 a few months after our wedding. The fact is, we’ve been together long enough to know whats right for us. We love one another. we are 2 responsible adults ( hes 21 and turns 22 in july). We pay our bills, we’ve done a good job raising our 1 year old daughter. We aren’t the dumb young couple people expect. We went to get our wedding invites a few days ago. The woman doing our invites has met us before and when our age came up, she was shocked and said she would never have guessed it. We have our priorities straight. We got engaged when I was 9 months pregnant, attending college while he worked, and I was only 19. I told everyone what I tell them know. I know whats best for me, and for my life. We have been engaged since dec. of 09 and we have waited so long for our wedding ( which is august 13th 2011) because we want our daughter growing up knowing we got married because we loved one another and were ready not because “daddy got me knocked up” We are doing the right thing for us. period.

Post # 115
59 posts
Worker bee

I’m 21 now, we’re planning on getting engaged sometime this year, and getting married when I am 22 and he is 23. I don’t honestly even consider this to be young, I always thought I would be engaged/considering marriage by this age.

Post # 116
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I was engaged when i was 20. I will be married (may 28) when i am 22. We don’t really have anyone tell us were to young. We are very responsible for our age. Already own our house. Both have great jobs. And new vehicles. It all depends how mature YOU are not what other people think.

Post # 117
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Fiance and I are both 20. But every time someone asks why we are getting married so young, my answer is “why not?” They give me a list of questions – “Don’t you want to travel, see the world?” Done that. 30 countries combined, so that’s not an issue. 🙂

“Shouldn’t you finish school?” Done with that. And if I want to get my masters, I can do that through distance learning at a later point.

“But what about having a steady job?” Got it. Both of us.

“Don’t you want to have some time being out on your own?” Been doing that since I was 15. Boarding school, internships, had my own apartment. Done with that, thanks. 🙂

Then they shut up. 😀

Sorry if I come across as rude by that, but really – people are quite rude to us sometimes. I have to be a little snippy to survive!

Post # 118
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Fiance is 23 (24 when we marry) and I am 21 (22 when we marry). I honestly think age is not an issue. My mom was 26 dad was 38. His parents were fresh out of high school(17 and 18). so we are not getting any blows from our families. One person said something and its my Fiance cousin and thats because he thinks my Fiance should PLAY a little bit longer before settling. So typical. But other than that, everyone sees how happy we are together and they have been totally supportive of our decision. Neither of us is finished with undergrad. And neither of us have a job. We both still live at home and feed off of our parents for everything. I lived on my own for two years but moved back home to help save up the costs for the wedding. And now I have an 1hour and 45 min commute to school. Sounds fun right? But I dont want to wait, so I sacrifice. I personally dont feel that we are young, but to each its own. We’re both legal and I think I’ve done everything I wanted to do before marrying. (Im the rebel type, but it’s definitely supressed when I met my Fiance.)

The topic ‘21 and under?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors