(Closed) 21 Day Fix! I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly :)

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
FutureMrsW2015:  Commenting to follow.. I am debating trying the 21 day fix.

Post # 3
4888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Following! I attempted this back in April/May, and just couldn’t commit fully (my own fault). So, I am planning on really focusing on it after Thanksgiving. I have a lot of days off in December, so i can better plan meals with being at home more.

I did Total Body Cardio last night, since I didn’t go to the gym like I usually do on Mondays (Zumba), and I barely made it through the workout, ha. I much prefer Upper Fix, Dirty 30 and Pilates!

Post # 4
3436 posts
Sugar bee

I did about 10 straight days of it. I was hungry the first couple of days but got used to it. I made sure I had a protein snack in the afternoon so that helped (yogurt or cottage cheese.) I lost about 4 pounds and my arms and abs definitely looked better. I coukd barely walk the first few days, I was so sore! The Dirty 30 is brutal. Id do it again but I can’t find my DVDs.

Post # 5
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I attempted to do this back in September, but my work schedule got crazy and I ended up stopping after about 13 days.   I just started again last week, I’m on day 7 now.  I follow the meal plan as closely as I can while still allowing myself to be a little flexible.  I admit that I don’t do the workouts everyday, but the ones I have done I do enjoy!   So far on this round of it, I’m already down 3 lbs!

Post # 6
469 posts
Helper bee

Not the 21-day fix, but I am on Day 29 of my first Whole 30. I think it’s even more restrictive. I’ll be honest: I struggled. No alcohol? No problem. Grains? Ditto. But my sweet tooth nearly killed me. Even here at the end, I have bad cravings for sweet things. I now know I could easily get rid of grains and alcohol, even legumes. Dairy was hard because I missed cheese. But sugar? Kill me now. I cannot wait for Thursday night when I will be eating some gelato.

All of that said, I have lost weight. I have (mostly) felt good. The bf and I decided we will go back on after the holidays. Between now and then, we will try to eat this way during the week and be less strict on weekends.

Good luck to you!

Post # 7
2816 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - City, State

I’ve completed 2.5 rounds so far and am on day 2 of my final round before my wedding day is here. I’ve lost 11 pounds so far. I look and feel so much better. I followed the workout plan and meal plan to a T for the first two rounds but noticed I didn’t lose anymore weight after losing 7 pounds until I started eating more. Listen to your body.

I really loved this program because it spells everything out for you. There’s no guessing or trying to figure it out on your own. It tells you exactly what to eat and how much and the workouts are only 30 minutes every day. That’s the length of one TV show which is what I tell myself lol. The workouts are challenging but fun and so much variety since it’s different every day depending on the day of the week.

My sister and her fiance are going to start the 21 day fix after hearing my experience with it so these are some notes I typed up for her:

WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET STARTED:

– 2 sets of weights (I started out with 2 and 5 pounds lol, now I do 8 and 12 pounds). I would try to start heavier if you can just so you don’t waste $$$ buying tons of sets like I did and a workout mat.

– OR 2 resistance bands (idk how these work) but all of the exercises can be done with these!

– Cross trainer shoes are what I find to be best for these workouts.

– Tupperware to store breakfast and lunches in. I got a great set that fits everything perfectly for about $20 on Amazon. I can pack all my breakfasts for the week on Sunday night. Then lunches are usually leftovers from dinner or something else fast that are also packed in that tupperware.

TIPS TO GET STARTED:
– Make sure you take your measurements before you actually start! In the guide book that comes with the package it shows you exactly where to take measurements from and how.

– Also use the guide to calculate your number of color coated containers each. Write these down and put them on the fridge so that you can see them easily. You must eat all of the containers for the day to meet your required # of calories.

– Use the colored containers more as ‘measuring cups.’ you’ll want to dump the actual food you’re eating into the oven/frying pan/microwave/plate etc.

– Drink TONS of water, you want to stay hydrated.

– The foods you CAN eat are all listed in the guidebook, I typed them out and printed them so I bring the list with me to the grocery store. You’re only allowed to eat foods from this list. The foods higher in the list are “healthier” than foods lower on the list so be mindful of the foods you choose.

–  I find that doing the workouts an hour after you finish eating dinner works best since you’re food is digested enough and you have some energy. And on the weekends first thing in the morning so that you can enjoy the rest of your day.

– For accelerated results, you can do ‘doubles’ week (2 workouts per day during the final week).

– The workouts are in order of how you do them on the DVD. pilates fix and the abs workout are interchangeable so you can choose to do either or on that specific day.

– Plan out your meals for the week. meal prep is the hardest part about this whole thing. the 30 minute workouts aren’t really that bad and they are not at all time consuming.

– Breakfast I do the same thing everyday– greek yogurt, raw honey, raw sliced almonds and a different fruit.

– Snacks I do the same thing usually everyday– an apple and a brown rice cake between breakfast and lunch. Also celery with organic peanut butter after lunch but before dinner. Keeps things simple.

– So then you’ll have breakfast/snacks taken care of since it’s the same thing everyday– and the only meals you need to think about are lunch and dinner. Like I said I like to plan dinners since that’s when you’ll be cooking the most and then I just take what we had for dinner for leftovers for lunch! (So make extra portions when you cook dinner).

– Look up recipe ideas on Pinterest that are “21 day fix approved” or look into the Fixate cookbook that is by the creator of the program.

Post # 8
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
FutureMrsW2015:  
View original reply
GirlyGirl24:  Are you two doing shakeology with the 21 day fix?

I hear people talk about these together and just assumed it was both or nothing.

Post # 9
2816 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - City, State

View original reply
BrideK2Wings:  Nope. I thought about doing the Shakeology drinks but they come out to like $140/month. You don’t need to do Shakeology as far as I know.

Post # 10
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
GirlyGirl24:  $140/month just for the powder!! Wow, that’s crazy! I’ll pass.

Post # 11
4888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

add in – I did buy Shakeology, and actually have some leftover to use coming up. BUT, I know you don’t NEED it. It’s another way go get in a red, and I used it for breakfast, mainly. But, if you think about it, it was something like $4 a serving. Which, if you would go and buy breakfast someplace else, probably evens out the cost and you get bunch of nutrition.

I probably won’t buy it again, or find another source of protein, but it’s not that bad.

Post # 13
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I’ve been loosely following 21 day fix. I have lost a dress size. I say loosely because the exercise tapes have been put on hold due to a couple non-21 day illness–got an infection in area that my doctor removed an unusual mole. Then I got bronchitis. (I say I got the second illness from going to the Dr office…low immune system)

Found it easy to follow the meal plan…used the containers to measure out food and pack it in containers or cook the day before and take to work.

I do drink Shakeology. Really enjoy the shakes and use it as a meal replacement, so the price works out. (if you become a BeachBody coach, you get a discount)

I was getting a bit bored with repeating of exercises…but stuck it out.

Will start my next round soon. Hope when I can fully focus I will lose more than one size!!!!

Post # 14
Hostess
4629 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I did not follow it to a T since I was HANGRYYYYYYYY and miserable the first week (and I don’t eat too terribly much, just a lot more carbs than the plan allows). I had just completed a half marathon and am in the lowest calorie bracket, so that could be why I was so crazy hungry. After the first week, I added one extra yellow (carb) and was much more satisfied. I’m trying to lose around 10 vanity pounds, so weight tends to come off very slowly for me. I did lose 3 pounds the first cycle even though I was a complete bum about working out and added that extra carb each day. Now I’m loosely following it (Saturday is a cheat day, which for me is maybe an extra carb and a glass of wine or a beer) and doing personal training at my gym, so I’m hoping for more results!  I can’t vouch for the exercise program personally, but my best friend’s Mom lost about 30 pounds doing the diet + workout videos.  The lack of carbs is really my only complaint, but any nutrition program is going to suggest less carbs than I’d like!

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee

I’m a Beachbody coach, and I’m starting the 21 Day Fix program myself soon. It’s a very popular program right now because it is so simple and the workouts are short and it’s very effective if you follow it closely.

If you have questions about it, ask away! 😉

The topic ‘21 Day Fix! I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors