- Wedding: November 2015 - City, State
I’ve completed 2.5 rounds so far and am on day 2 of my final round before my wedding day is here. I’ve lost 11 pounds so far. I look and feel so much better. I followed the workout plan and meal plan to a T for the first two rounds but noticed I didn’t lose anymore weight after losing 7 pounds until I started eating more. Listen to your body.
I really loved this program because it spells everything out for you. There’s no guessing or trying to figure it out on your own. It tells you exactly what to eat and how much and the workouts are only 30 minutes every day. That’s the length of one TV show which is what I tell myself lol. The workouts are challenging but fun and so much variety since it’s different every day depending on the day of the week.
My sister and her fiance are going to start the 21 day fix after hearing my experience with it so these are some notes I typed up for her:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET STARTED:
– 2 sets of weights (I started out with 2 and 5 pounds lol, now I do 8 and 12 pounds). I would try to start heavier if you can just so you don’t waste $$$ buying tons of sets like I did and a workout mat.
– OR 2 resistance bands (idk how these work) but all of the exercises can be done with these!
– Cross trainer shoes are what I find to be best for these workouts.
– Tupperware to store breakfast and lunches in. I got a great set that fits everything perfectly for about $20 on Amazon. I can pack all my breakfasts for the week on Sunday night. Then lunches are usually leftovers from dinner or something else fast that are also packed in that tupperware.
TIPS TO GET STARTED:
– Make sure you take your measurements before you actually start! In the guide book that comes with the package it shows you exactly where to take measurements from and how.
– Also use the guide to calculate your number of color coated containers each. Write these down and put them on the fridge so that you can see them easily. You must eat all of the containers for the day to meet your required # of calories.
– Use the colored containers more as ‘measuring cups.’ you’ll want to dump the actual food you’re eating into the oven/frying pan/microwave/plate etc.
– Drink TONS of water, you want to stay hydrated.
– The foods you CAN eat are all listed in the guidebook, I typed them out and printed them so I bring the list with me to the grocery store. You’re only allowed to eat foods from this list. The foods higher in the list are “healthier” than foods lower on the list so be mindful of the foods you choose.
– I find that doing the workouts an hour after you finish eating dinner works best since you’re food is digested enough and you have some energy. And on the weekends first thing in the morning so that you can enjoy the rest of your day.
– For accelerated results, you can do ‘doubles’ week (2 workouts per day during the final week).
– The workouts are in order of how you do them on the DVD. pilates fix and the abs workout are interchangeable so you can choose to do either or on that specific day.
– Plan out your meals for the week. meal prep is the hardest part about this whole thing. the 30 minute workouts aren’t really that bad and they are not at all time consuming.
– Breakfast I do the same thing everyday– greek yogurt, raw honey, raw sliced almonds and a different fruit.
– Snacks I do the same thing usually everyday– an apple and a brown rice cake between breakfast and lunch. Also celery with organic peanut butter after lunch but before dinner. Keeps things simple.
– So then you’ll have breakfast/snacks taken care of since it’s the same thing everyday– and the only meals you need to think about are lunch and dinner. Like I said I like to plan dinners since that’s when you’ll be cooking the most and then I just take what we had for dinner for leftovers for lunch! (So make extra portions when you cook dinner).
– Look up recipe ideas on Pinterest that are “21 day fix approved” or look into the Fixate cookbook that is by the creator of the program.