21 weeks am I too big??

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
3085 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

Tell everyone to shove it. You look fine and most certainly NOT like you’ve gained 30#. My asshole doctor asked (in a very condescending tone) “Are we gonna have to put you on a diet?” At my 20 week checkup. I think at that point I’d gained 17 pounds, and 32 overall when I delivered. I left the office in tears, called my mom and I thought she was going to drive 500 miles just to come rip him a new one in person. I talked to another (woman) doctor in the office at my next appointment and told her what happened and she was LIVID. Told me to pay no attention to him and at that point in my pregnancy I was gaining all my water weight and I most certainly didn’t need to go on a diet. 

I remember being super self conscious when a male coworker told me I “waddled” when I walked towards the end of my pregnancy. Maybe it was the hormones but I wanted to murder him with my bare hands, so I understand how little comments like that can get in your head. 

You look beautiful, and every woman carries differently, gains weight differently, etc. As long as your doctor says you’re where you need to be, and you feel good and healthy that’s all that matters. You obviously aren’t eating poorly! You’re eating better than I do and I’m not pregnant. Lol! Why do women say things like that to each other!??!

Post # 33
2922 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

Yes, please listen to your doctor and not random people. If you want to amuse yourself, maybe practice a look of horror, raising your hand to your mouth, and saying something like, “Oh no! Do you think something’s TERRIBLY WRONG WITH MY BABY? Excuse me, I have to call the doctor RIGHT NOW!” Then rush away. If you can summon up some tears or even hysterical sobs, you get bonus points. 

Post # 34
1143 posts
Bumble bee

daniellemc :  your doc would tell you if you needed to lose weight. Some people “pop” earlier than others. As long as you and your baby are healthy (per your doc) then that’s all that matters. 

Post # 35
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

People are such jerks! You look great and it sounds like you are staying very healthy. I’m very short so I popped early and was as big or bigger than you at 20 weeks. I can’t tell you how many times people asked me if there were 2 babies in there. I had one babe who was only 7lbs at 40+4. I’m actually pregnant again and at 8 weeks, already have a bit of a bump that I’m working hard to hide. I’m sure I’ll be huge again. 

Keep up the awesome job of cooking that baby and don’t listen to people who clearly need to STFU. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors