2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

…?  Am I missing something?

Post # 5
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Those first two pictures are really hard to see.  But, from what I can tell, neither is spectacular compared to the other one (they look pretty similar to me) so I would go with the less expensive choice.

Post # 6
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think the red one looks better on you.  It emphasizes your little waist better!

Post # 7
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i think the red is a lot more flattering. I feel like the draping on the strapless is emphasizing the hips in a not so pleasant way. 

Post # 9
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@SHERREEJASON: I still vote that the cut/shape of the red dress is going to be more flattering for your girls.  The red dress makes waists look smaller while the black dress makes hips look bigger, IMO.

Post # 10
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I like the red one more. If your girls get low back bras they can still wear them. I love the look of strapless but it’s always a pain in the butt if you have a bigger chest.

Post # 11
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think the red is more flattering, but I don’t know if it’s $150 dollars more flattering.  Can you let your Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man decide if they’d rather go cheaper or more flattering (if I were one of them, I’d opt for the cheaper, less flattering dress).

Post # 12
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

depending on designer, you may be able to find the expensive dress at pearls place much cheaper. I’d give them a call and ask for a quote! 

The topic ‘$215 vs. $60’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors