(Closed) 2/16/2013

posted 6 years ago in February 2013
Post # 3
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Hey, me too!!  I have about 15 out of town guests that I figured would be able to take advantage of the minor holiday weekend…I was concerned though, that it would be more of an issue for in town people.  Then again, I didn’t really know how many people actually go away for President’s Day Weekend?? lol..  So far, the date is working to our advantage..and I was very torn between this weekend and the next.  Nice date!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
319 posts
Helper bee

HUH – I had no idea Presidents day was on the 18th.  Seriously we picked February 16th because the hall was available that day (we had originially picked the 23rd but the hall was booked).  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I wanted the 23rd bcuz it was my grandparents anniversary he wanted the 16th bcuz it was close to Valentine Day..who knew he was sentimential..LOL

Post # 7
457 posts
Helper bee

Holy cow!  5 weeks away!! 

Post # 8
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  Can’t believe it!!!  Everything is done except for paying off vendor balances that aren’t due until right before.  Busy trying to finalize day-of timeline and seating.

EEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Post # 9
457 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvelezzz:  We’re meeting with our officiant tomorrow to finalize our ceremony so we can finalize our programs and get them sent to the printers.  For the most part everything is done too.  ahh!!  Just little details.  We still have to pay our remaining balance to the venue.  We’re so excited!!  I picked up my dress this week.  Everything is just falling into place.  Did you get all your rsvp’s back or are you calling people?  We still have a handful of people to talk to.  Not too bad. 

Post # 10
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  I pick up my dress next week!!  I’m trying to finalize details like day-of timeline, ceremony/reception timeline (they are in the same place) and figure out who is doing what, as far as some of the little things that need to be done at the venue (ie: putting out the namecard tray, etc).

I’ve gotten quite a few more RSVP’s than I thought I was going to…so I’m excited.  I’ve gotten *most* but FH’s family doesn’t “believe” in them and I’ve only received 2 from his side of the list, which is very frustrating.  He will be calling his people very soon, but in general, everyone who I thought was coming has RSVP’d.  We invited 100, but I expected 50ish.  I have 45 yesses so far, so I’m pretty much where I thought I’d be!

Post # 11
457 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvelezzz:  Best decision having ceremony and reception at the same location, right?  We’re doing the same thing.  Nice!  We sent out 135 with an idea of 90-100 attending.  We have about 87 yesses so we’re good too.  We still have a few from FI’s side to get ahold of.  Just sent in the information for ceremony programs, menu cards have been shipped, need to order and mail rehearsal invitations asap.  I made a draft seating chart so I should focus on that again since we have a good idea of whos coming. ๐Ÿ™‚ When do you plan on breaking in your shoes?  We need to put together welcome bags for family and friends coming from out of state.  umm.. I should really check my notebook and make a list of the little details that still need to be done.  We’re doing wine bottle centerpieces and we’re about 5 short.. So need to get those and drink wine…  Oh okay! haha. ๐Ÿ˜›  

Post # 12
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  I think the seating chart for me is the “hardest” thing I’m working on.  There are a few tables where it’s very clear who is sitting there (i’m doing it by table, not individual seat), but there are a few tables that either will be totally random.  I have several different seating chart templates that I’ve been using to arrange and rearrange people lol.  I’m adding people as they RSVP.  I have had only two unexpected +1’s.

I’m not sure about breaking in my shoes, but i need to.  My feet hurt during my dress fitting, and that was less than an hour in them!!

I’m also working on Out of Town bags (just something simple) and trying to get FH to let his people know about the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner (casual and low key).

We also have the option of purchasing our own alcohol and soda, so I’ve been waiting for sales so I can stock up on wine and soda. 

There are probably a million other little things to do!

Post # 13
457 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvelezzz:  Good luck with purchasing your alcohol and soda and seating chart.  I’m sure we’ll touch base soon on everything else! 

Post # 14
166 posts
Blushing bee

@libanez:  have you already figured out your gifts for parents and wedding party?  

Post # 15
1011 posts
Bumble bee

Im a February 16, 2013 Bride!!!! I cant believe how fast time has gone by! We just need to pay off our venders and get the little things done. We have 40 out of town guests coming! :O) Im getting my second fitting done this saturday and then right after is my bachelorette party in NY. So excited! I still have to buy my bachelorette party dress. I was thinking this one:

Post # 16
1011 posts
Bumble bee

I picked this date because that monday is Family day in Canada so it made it easier for my Fiance’s family to come to NJ for our wedding. I realized after that it was Valentines day weekend. I do not plan on having a themed wedding! All white and crystals everywhere! Im so excited! My florist is gonna rock that venue! 

The topic ‘2/16/2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors