(Closed) 22 and Under Brides?

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 46
419 posts
Helper bee

Major/Occupation: Currently studying toward a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies with a double major in Ancient Cultures, also going to be completing additional post grad in teaching. Currently working part-time as a hostess/waitress/bartender/chef at a small restaurant near my fiancé and I’s apartment. 

Engagement date: 08 January 2013 

Wedding date: 08 August 2015 

Fun Fact: I am obsessed with ancient cultures and ancient history, love performing (hence the drama degree) and my fiancé is studying psychology which everyone thinks is fitting because they think I’m A little loopy (my non-drama friends that is). 

Post # 47
419 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Kelly6871:  I think your comments were uncalled for and presumptuous. Also, frankly, rude and in poor taste on a 22 and under thread. You yourself admitted you know what YOU were like at 17, don’t presume to know what anyone else is like at any given age. I hope you heed my words and receive them with the respect and calmness with which I type this message, have a wonderful day. 

Post # 48
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Occupation/Major: Art with a concentration in photography. To help pay for school I am also a wedding photographer and I freelance as an MUA. 

Engagement date: August 1, 2014

Wedding date: August 22, 2015

Fun fact: Luke and I started dating on August 11, 2010 so our wedding anniversary, dating anniversary, and engagement anniversary all fall in the same month. It was completely on accident. Our original wedding date was October 10th. 

Post # 49
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Hi all!

Occupation: I recently graduated with a B.S. in Psychology and am now pursuing a Master’s in Occupational therapy and working as a graduate research assistant.

Engagement date: May 7th, 2014

Wedding date: June 16th, 2016

Fun fact: I am making my wedding boquet out of paper flowers!

Post # 50
419 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bijoucherie:  our dating anniversary was 04 August, our engagement date was 08 January and so we combined the 2 to create our wedding date 08 August  08 August also happened to be a long weekend! We chose August originally because we wanted a winter wedding (SA) and the rest just fell into place! So nice to hear the random fun details about other people’s journeys! Your date co-inky-dink is just awesome!

Post # 51
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Occupation/Major: I’m currently a mental health worker for adults with severe mental illness. I’d like to go back to school soon, but I haven’t picked a career yet. There’s so much I want to do!

Engagement Date: December 29, 2013.

Wedding Date: September 27, 2014.

Fun fact: I totally wore Tripp pants (with the chains and straps) and too much eyeliner in high school. If I could get away with it now, I would in a heartbeat.

Post # 52
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Occupation/Major: I am running a small business with my Fiance

Engagement Date: September 6th, 2014

Wedding Date: July 1st 2017

Fun fact: Although we didn’t know eachother while having catholic confirmation ceremony we chose the same name 🙂 *Victor & Victoria. So we decides when we have a baby we will name them Vic 🙂 

Post # 53
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Occupation/Major: Majoring in Nutrition with a concentration in Dietetics to become a dietitian! I also work full time as an assistant to an accounting manager and CFO.

Engagement date: We mutually agreed to get married, no formal engagement yet.

Wedding date: After I graduate! Summer of 2017.

Fun fact: DBF and I are long distance. I visit him in Manchester, England during the winter, and he visits me in Arizona during the summer!

Post # 54
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Occupation: FT support manager at PetSmart. Still trying to figure out what I want to do as a career.

Engagement date: Dec.24th, 2014

Wedding date: June.25th, 2016

Fun fact: my fiance was my boss (at a different job)

Post # 55
1208 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Hagakyrkan

Major: I have a Bachelor in Molecular Biology

Occupation: I work at a medical research lab at a hospital, as a Molecular Biologist 😛

Engagement date: Nov 10, 2014

Wedding date: Summer/Fall 2017

Fun fact: My FY has four sisters. His only younger sister has the same name as my younger sister. His oldest sister has the same name as my mother. And FY has the same birthday as my brother. O and we have the same education (we met at Uni).

Post # 56
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Occupation/Major: Corporate communications major! Full-time and currently living two and a half hours away from my sweetheart. ):

Engagement Date: Not yet–but SO SOON. He’s been hinting like crazy!

Wedding Date: We always said we wanted a summer wedding, so maybe next summer?

Fun fact: Hmmm… well, I teach a belly dancing class at my college. Does that count? 

Post # 57
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Occupation/Major: I am a fulltime Hospitality Management major. I graduate in May with my Bachelor’s degree (finally, I see the light at the end of the tunnel!). I also work as a front desk agent at a Holiday Inn. 

Engagement Date: January 8th, 2015

Wedding Date: June 20, 2015 (we wanted to wait until after I graduated college)

Fun fact: My fiance and I’s birthdays are only 15 days apart, and we were high school sweethearts! 

Post # 58
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
Kelly6871:  This comment was not meant for this thread. I see your point, but everyone’s relationship and lives are different. Please take your judging somewhere else. It was not only rude, but uncalled for. This thread was specifically called ’22 and under’, therefore older individuals should not come to judge. 

Post # 59
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Kelly6871:  I actually agree with you on this and don’t find the way it was phrased being judgemental in the slightest. There’s nothing wrong with someone suggesting waiting a few years and saving up more money in the meantime. If you really do love someone, they’re still going to be there in a couple (or a few, or 5) more years.

Now I myself wouldn’t get married that young as I plan on drinking at my bachelorette party and wedding, but not much can be done if the parties involved are of legal age (which she would be come the given date of November 2016). If they think they’re mature enough to be married, then that’s on them and not up to anyone else to decide. I know a 19 and a 20 year old who just got married last year, and who are more mature, financally stable, and ready for marriage than a 28/32 year old couple that married around the same time.

There’s a difference in being judgemental and simply offering advice. Just because someone advised another person to wait a little bit and it wasn’t kissing butt/telling someone exactly what they want to hear doesn’t make it judgemental or any less of advice. 

Post # 60
475 posts
Helper bee

I was 22 when I was a bride. Now I’m 23 but I still want to participate. 

Double Major: Human Relations and Sociology 

Future Occupation: Event Coordination. I’ve worked with families, children, college students, military community and non-profits in the past but now I want to focus on weddings. 

Engagement Date: May 17, 2013

Wedding Date: August 31, 2014

Fun Fact: I used to live in Japan, but I’m mostly Spanish and Argentine however I most identify with my New Mexican heritage but now I live in North Carolina oh and my name is Russian and people look at me and think I’m Asian. 

The topic ‘22 and Under Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors