posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 121
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Occupation/Major: Elementary ed with a minor in ASL

Engagement Date: October 18th 2015

Wedding Date: October something 2016

Fun fact: I am also allergic to coffee, I don’t drink alcohol at all, and I lift weights with my Fiance 🙂

Post # 122
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Sand Key Park- Clearwater Beach Elopement

Occupation/Major: Full-time student (though considering doing part-time for the next two semesters with wedding stuff and all), psychology major, senior.

Engagement Date: October 1, 2015

Wedding Date: October 22, 2016

Fun Fact: My fiance and I started our relationship as an LDR. He was born and raised here in Florida, and I was born and raised in Iowa. We met through a mutual friend (who lives in the apartment below us), and they thought we’d be great together. I visited December 31, 2013 to January 9, 2014. We felt the attraction immediately and knew it was something special. We began officially dating on January 9th, the day I had to return to Iowa. Until June 1, 2014, we were separated by over 1,000 miles, and I only got to see him for a few days in March 2014 during spring break, but it only made our relationship stronger. On June 1st 2014, I moved across the country to be with him and I moved in with him. Now we’re getting married.

Post # 123
444 posts
Helper bee

Occupation/Major: I am a marketing executive for a top technology brand

Engagement Date: July 28th 2015

Wedding Date: 30th April 2017

Fun fact: I do not eat any sauce, gravy, mayo, ketchup, chocolate sauce on icecream nothing! hate the texture, I also will not eat icecream with chocolate/bits in as then the icecream becomes a sauce 😀 When at Mcdonalds I have a plain McFlurry 

Post # 124
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Occupation/ Major: Full time student, government major and pre-law and I work part time for Harley Davidson

Engagement Date: October 4, 2015

Wedding Date: June 24, 2017

Fun Fact: My Fiance and I met during our first semester of college and actually only spoke to one another when we would cheat off of eachother in Spanish class

Post # 125
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Well this is interesting!

Age: 23 (21 when we got engaged, 22 when we got married)

Occupation: Automotic tech with a criminology degree, aiming to go into law enforcement

Engagement date: October 2013

Wedding date: July 5th 2014

Fun Fact: We met in passing through a random and completely coincidental set of events on Halloween 2010 and were in a LDR for 3 years. We also have a dog who we unabashedly consider our child

Post # 126
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Occupation: Full time student, majoring in Biology with a minor in Wildlife Conservation and Ecology. I also work part time (about 30 hours) as a Barista for Starbucks. Fiance is majoring in Business and works part time at a local machine shop. We are the same age.

Engagement Date: July 17, 2015

Wedding Date: July 1, 2017

Fun Fact: Fiance and I met in our freshman health class (highschool) and we sat next to each other for months and never talked until one day I told him his elbows were gross and looked like elephant skin. Then I made him put lotion on them every day. And I still do.

We didn’t start dating until the end of our Junior year, our mutual friends thought we should go to prom together and forced him to ask me. It went like this: “Would you… want to… maybe… uhhh…” “Sure” “Okay, see ya after spring break!”. About a month and a half after prom he asked me to be his girlfriend and I promptly responded by spilling freshly cut flowers and a vase full of water all over the inside of his dads truck. And the rest is history!

Post # 127
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Occupation/Major: Full time Student majoring in Elementary Education

Engagment Date: January 18, 2013

Wedding Date: August 2, 2013

Fun Fact: My husband and I started dating when we were 17, got engaged at 18, and married at 19. I’ll be 22 in February and he’ll be 22 in April. Wouldn’t change a thing. 😊

Post # 128
15 posts
Newbee

Occupation/ major: Behavioral technician/ child development

Engagement date: Not yet- he has the ring and I know he will propose soon just don’t know when 🙂

Wedding date: August 2016

Fun fact: my BF and I are high school sweethearts 🙂

Post # 129
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

This thread makes me so happy! I love seeing other young brides out there 🙂

Occupation/major: Working on a BA in Communication, I work as a receptionist/office assistant at my university. Fiancé and I go to the same University, he is working on his Bachelor’s in Engineering.

Engagement date: Septemeber 19, 2015

Wedding date: July (hopefully 22nd), 2017

Fun fact: Fiancé and I met in high school when we were 15. I ended up being his chemistry lab partner a couple years later and that’s how we hit it off. So cliché! 

Post # 130
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I think I saw this post a long time ago, meant to comment, and then got distracted haha so here I am, back again!  

Age: 22 (birthday’s in October), fiancé just turned 23 a few days ago.

Engagement Date: May 18, 2015

Wedding Date: August 14, 2016

Fun Fact: My fiancé and I were friends in high school, then drifted apart after graduation.  He joined the Marine Corps, and I went to college.  We reconnected when I posted a happy birthday message on his Facebook a few years ago, and everything just clicked.  The catch was that he was stationed in Okiniawa, Japan at the time and wouldn’t be back in the states for another 7 months!  We just continued talking and growing closer, and we “officially” began dating when he came home that June.  We are actually still technically long distance, but it’s much more managable now.  Also, we JUST found out that his VEERP application got approved, so the end date for his enlistment got pushed up by four months, and he’ll be moving home for good in the beginning of April (: 

Post # 131
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Santa Ynez Inn

Hello there!

So much fun reading through all these! Relative to my family and general circle of friends we’re young for marriage stuff, so it’s really cool that I stumbled on this post and I got to see other young brides!

Occuption/Major: Mechanical Engineer during the day. Graduate school student at night.

Engagement Date: June 14, 2014

Weddind Date: January 2, 2015

Fun fact: We are both licensed skydivers and we met jumping one weekend. I am only getting my masters in order to better facilitate supporting our hobbies tehhee!!

Post # 132
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Santa Ynez Inn

Hello there!

So much fun reading through all these! Relative to my family and general circle of friends we’re young for marriage stuff, so it’s really cool that I stumbled on this post and I got to see other young brides!

Occuption/Major: Mechanical Engineer during the day. Graduate school student at night.

Engagement Date: June 14, 2014

Wedding Date: January 2, 2015 Fun fact: We are both licensed skydivers and we met jumping one weekend. I am only getting my masters in order to better facilitate supporting our hobbies tehhee!!

Post # 133
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Occupation/Major: FT Head of Billing Dept. @ a Physical Therapy

Engagement Date: May 15, 2016 (a day shy of our anniversary and in Hawaii!)

Wedding Date: To be determined.. My Fiance is still in college and we both want him to be graduated before we get married.

Fun fact: My Fiance and I went to the same HS (small small small town) and never once met each other. But met in a bigger city at Top Golf!

Post # 134
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

This is a really fun thread!

Occupation/Major: Art Centre Assistant 

Engagement Date: August 1st, 2015

Wedding Date: September 23rd 2017

Fun Fact: My secret is that I can play the bagpipes 

Post # 135
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

This is a really fun thread!

Occupation/Major: Art Centre Assistant 

Engagement Date: August 1st, 2015

Wedding Date: September 23rd 2017

Fun Fact: My secret is that I can play the bagpipes 

The topic ‘22 and Under Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors