(Closed) 22 Days Until The Start Of The College Football Season!

posted 9 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Yay Miss Labrador!  I LOVE college football too.  As you can see I went to Cal…never as strong as your east coast SEC or ACC teams but we work on it!  Really, we just want to give USC a run for their money in our own Pac-10 πŸ™‚

Post # 5
340 posts
Helper bee

Woot woot! Plus I am getting a set of student season tickets this year and my Grandparents are going to be Golden Chiefs or something since I am the first kid at FSU since my mom and aunt so I can’t wait for football season.

It’s time to stock up on face tattoos and Solo cups baby Tongue out!

Post # 6
3332 posts
Sugar bee

Woo hoo!  I’m pretty excited about it, as we have a bunch of friends coming into town for the game.  I’m hoping for a good season this year, welll at least better than last year.  It was kind of horrible last year, we’ve never not made a bowl game in my lifetime before, so that was weird.  Changing coaches is always a difficult transition, so I just want to improve. 

ETA: Oh yeah, I’m a Michigan fan.  Go Blue! πŸ˜‰

Post # 7
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

You guys crack me up. I’m perfectly content to go to the gym during the games. My Darling Husband loves the rams…oh and they suck really bad

Labrador–do you guys watch the games at Wild Wing Cafe downtown? Darling Husband used to drag me there for games (i hate football, but I go to oblige him, drink beer, and munch on junk…and i think it makes him feel manly to explain the game to me) and we always have so much fun!

Georgia’s big on their football!

Post # 8
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Yipee! Football season is my favorite season!

It’s the time of the year when we get together with the most of our friends, have football parties…and just have a blast.

Hope you all have a great season and your teams do well!

Post # 9
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!  Im a huge Ohio State fan (GO BUCKS!) and also a Syracuse fan…Fiance went to OSU, I was a cheerleader at Cuse…even though we barely had anything to cheer for LOL.  CANT WAIT!  We’re actually showing the Ohio State vs USC game at our wedding – itll be projected on a huge screen in a separate room so people can go in and out as they please Cool

Post # 10
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Yeaaaaa football season! My favorite time of year. I’m a USC alum, so… Laughing I am kind of ashamed to admit that we might actually be coming home a day early from our honeymoon so we can see the USC-Ohio State game.

@kellyv – although we’ll be rooting for different teams…THAT IS AWESOME. I would have so done that if our wedding was a few weeks later.

Post # 11
202 posts
Helper bee

We’re huge Gator fans (the Fiance works with athletics and I’m with the university) so we’re so excited about football season! We are even having our engagement party as a tailgate to the first game of the year.  Last year the two of us went to EVERY GAME (yes, I’m talking Fayetteville, Arkansas & the National Championship here) so I’m working on a super cute Christmas present of all of last year’s tickets & a panoromic picture of the stadium. (Did I mention he works for athletics? We had such sick seats that you can see us in the panoromic!)

So Sorry Georgia & FSU ladies, but I can’t wait for Halloween & Thanksgiving weekends!

So glad to hear there are other bees out there that love college football as much as I do πŸ™‚

Post # 12
815 posts
Busy bee

Love college football season but I didn’t really go to a football school, so I root for my Boo’s alma mater.  It’s kind of exciting, and sad because it also means that Summer is officially over!  Oh well, bring on the beer!

Post # 13
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

College turned me from total sports apathy into a FOOTBALL LOVER! I tend to like NFL better than college, but on both counts: GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!

Post # 14
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

@GretaB – Dont be ashamed!  We paid for ESPN 360 and made sure our resort had WiFi so we can watch teh OSU game that following Saturday LOL.

People think we are insane for showing the game at the wedding.  Im glad a lot of people DO understand it, but Its OUR wedding, we’ll do what we want.  And Fiance doesnt know that Ive ordered several dozen buckeye necklaces and red and silver beads for game time for him and his friends Wink

Post # 15
3332 posts
Sugar bee

Although you’re an Ohio State fan KellyV, I totally respect that you’re going to show the game at your wedding. πŸ™‚  Actually, not getting married during footaball season was one of our planning musts.  All of our college friends have season tickets and we all made a pact that none of us would get married during the season so that we’d have to miss a game. (I haven’t missed a UM home game since 1996 and my husband hasn’t missed one since 1993!)  Of course, a wedding in town on a home game weekend would also be a logistical nightmare (hotels, traffic, etc).

Post # 16
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’m so excited! This is my first full football season to experience in the South. People take their football much more seriously here than we did in Washington State. September 5th I’ll be at the opening University of Tennessee game, singing “Rocky Top” loud and proud. I can’t wait. I also love that all the stores now have the Tennessee branded beers in stock – every Budlight can and bottle is Tennessee orange. Again, something I never saw in Washington!

The topic ‘22 Days Until The Start Of The College Football Season!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors