(Closed) 22 month old walking down the aisle?

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve seen kids that age get rolled down the aisle in a wagon, but you’d need a slightly older kid to pull him.  It seems a little young to me to walk down alone…maybe have a Bridesmaid or Best Man walk him

Post # 4
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsCreeToBe:  Could you make him the ring bearer?  You could put fake rings on the pillow so you don’t have to worry about something happening to them.  I’m having four flower girls between 18 months and 3 1/2.  My sister, the mother of two of the girls, is going to heard them down the aisle.  I think it’s great to include kids in the ceremony, as long as you’re ok with the possibility that they’ll see all of the people looking at them and won’t want to walk down the aisle, or will have a melt down on their way.

Post # 5
757 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yeah we are having two 18 month olds in the wedding, and their parents have instructions just to go get them if necessary. My brother is definitely walking his daughter down and my Future Mother-In-Law is walking her grandson either way, but their moms will be available in case of emergency.

Post # 6
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

Our ring bearer was 13 months! He was pretty advanced but he did great. His mom was at the back and his dad was a gm at the front,  mom walked around the side. And got him and sat on the end of the second row. 

Post # 7
629 posts
Busy bee

@MrsCreeToBe:  Even if his mom isn’t a Bridesmaid or Best Man, there’s no problem with having her walk him. I was at a wedding once where they Flower Girl was incredibly shy, and walked down with her mother (bride’s SIL). I think it works out a little better than having a Bridesmaid or Best Man walk him down, because then she can walk him to the front, and he can stay with her at her seat as opposed to being passed off by a Bridesmaid or Best Man or having to stand up during the entire ceremony.

Post # 8
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My nephew was 18 months and did an amazing job!  Ask his parents to practice with him and give him an incentive(in my nephews case raisins) so he know when he reaches the front he gets something.  We practiced all the time with him and the other kids, especially at parties where there were lots of people watching just so they wouldn’t get nervous.  The kids all “walked” at our bridal shower.  It was so cute!  

The topic ‘22 month old walking down the aisle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors