(Closed) 22 weeks pregnant, would you go to urgent care for this?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Urgent care may or may not have an ultrasound machine, so if you decide to seek care, I’d give them a call to see if they have an ultrasound and if not, head to the emergency room instead. And if they want you to be monitored for contractions or early labor, they might send you straight to labor & delivery. I’d definitely wait and see what the on call doctor says. Period cramps sounds a lot like what my BH feel like, and they usually get better with rest and lots of water/hydration, but see what your doctor says – better safe than sorry. Good luck!

Post # 3
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

It’s probably the cyst, I would try to wait until you can get in contact with your doctor. It’s really good that baby is still moving, I’m sure everything is ok.

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Country Club

Wait until you talk to your doctor. I had the same thing happen to me at about 14 weeks and ended up rushing to the emergency room. I was there for over 8 hours and they had no idea what was wrong so they basically had me wait and the pain eventually subsided. They gave me a rhogam shot bc they thought my body was rejecting the baby (which it wasn’t). And then they thought I had preeclampsia (which again I didn’t). So when I left I made an appt with my doctor for the next day and turned out to be a cyst.

Post # 8
1214 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Did you at least make an appointment to be seen? I had a doc poo-poo me and ended up with some scary stuff.

Post # 9
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I would at least make an appointment…especially if you are worried. I had a similar situation, the doctors thought I was just being paranoid, gave me the same run down and said no need to go to urgent care. A few hours later I was still not feeling “right” went to labor and delivery anyways and had some serious issues. My daughter is perfectly healthy and it all worked out but had I not listened to my body and stayed home it could have been very bad. 

Post # 11
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have PCOS (ovarian cysts) and I had some cramping when I was 15 weeks with my first.  Went to the ER just to be safe (I assumed it was a new cyst causing the pain).  U/S tech at the hospital couldn’t find anything despite me telling her what to look for.  A few days later at my regular U/S with my OBs office the sonographer found the new cyst right away.  So that’s my guess.  Shouldn’t cause any issues with the pregnancy, I got pregnant with 3 cysts the first time and got a 4th during the pregnancy.  Got pregnant this time with 3 cysts and they’re still just hanging out in there.

The topic ‘22 weeks pregnant, would you go to urgent care for this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors